Lee Bowyer

ramexpat

Canna argue w'that

Thats only one incident, what about these

In 1996, he was signed by Leeds United manager Howard Wilkinson for £2.8 million, which was a record for a British teenager. Later the same year, Bowyer was convicted of affray and fined £4,500 following an incident in a McDonald's restaurant in London in which CCTV footage showed chairs being thrown and a staff member of Asian origin was racially abused.

In April 2005, Bowyer was in the media spotlight again after an on-pitch brawl with teammate Kieron Dyer in Newcastle United's Premiership match with Aston Villa. This resulted in a red card, plus an automatic three-game ban, for each player. The Football Association fined Bowyer £30,000 and imposed an additional three-game ban, and the club fined him six weeks' wages; Dyer was not fined as Bowyer was perceived to have thrown the first punch. In addition, Bowyer was charged by Northumbria Police in connection with the brawl with offences under section four of the Public Order Act. He pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of using threatening behaviour and was fined £600 and ordered to pay £1000 costs.

At least he is good at something....

From 2010, Bowyer held the record for most yellow cards received in the Premier League; as of the end of that year, he had 98 yellow cards in the competition as well as five red.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Woodgate is a better person because he is pretty and doesn't get involved in unsporting moments..? The reason behind this is that he has played about 4 games in the last 15 seasons because he is more of a sick note than Darren Anderton was.

Blimey!! Didn't know Bowyer was your boyfriend!! :p

I do know what angle you're trying to pursue, But can you just accept that people are going to hate him and they did not make their decision based on the Leeds nightclub incident but actually a string of them!!

I am growing tired of debating this as you always come back to the same point. Literally going round in circles.

Thats only one incident, what about these

At least he is good at something....

So, to summarise, as a teenager he has been involved in a drunken brawl in Macdonalds and he has had a fight with his team mate on the pitch...wowzers...he certainly is the devil isn't he, because no one has ever done any of those things before have they.?

As for the yellow cards....he has got 10 more than Paul Scholes.....another complete animal who needs locking up.?

So, to summarise, as a teenager he has been involved in a drunken brawl in Macdonalds and he has had a fight with his team mate on the pitch...wowzers...he certainly is the devil isn't he, because no one has ever done any of those things before have they.?

As for the yellow cards....he has got 10 more than Paul Scholes.....another complete animal who needs locking up.?

Maybe his constant scuffles and horror tackles on the pitch continue to make people believe that he's an ars3??

If you are tarnished with the 'Bad Boy' brush, Does it not pay to try and distance himself from this image. Especially as it's widely known that refs will pull them up on this.

I will agree with you that some of Bowyers incidents can be exaggerated. Just as if it was Savage etc.. But he just isn't setting much of an example

And for the money they get paid, The least the should do is set an example of professionalism.

Though I'm not a fan of Bowyer - in terms of violent conduct he's nowhere near as bad as Joey Barton. Now there's a man with major issues.

Though I'm not a fan of Bowyer - in terms of violent conduct he's nowhere near as bad as Joey Barton. Now there's a man with major issues.

Can't argue with that point!. Joey Barton is another player I would never like to see at this club!!

Not just a drunken brawl but racial abuse as well, if thats considered fair game for a Saturday night I must be out of touch.

I am not saying he is the devil, just saying that I dont consider him the right sort of person to be representing the club.

Having a player play for your club who once commited a crime. "THE WORLD IS GOING TO HELL!"

Sort yer standards out fella.

It's not Colonol Gadaffi, it's an ugly bloke from London who has been in a fight a couple of times.

I think it is you who needs to sort out your standards, willing to accept scum like this with open arms.

Why do you keep referring to dictators as the bench mark for if people are morally wrong or not? If that is line of your morality I am not surprised you don't have a problem with the players being discussed!

So it comes down to you being jealous of him.

Ahhhhh. I'm trying soooooooooo hard not to lose it here!!! :mad:

Jealous of Lee Bowyer????..........Let me think....Yeah I REALLY wish I was a piece of **** that seems to more than 'coincedentally' get himself in **** off AND on the pitch.

Now that your 2 brain cells might be warmed up................You may want to try again to understand my initial point;

Bowyer is bloody lucky to be playing football in the PL and making ridiculous amounts of cash. ALL whilst doing nothing but confirming how filthy and corrupt football is. There comes the added responsibility of trying to be a 'role model'. Something the likes of Ryan Giggs do very well. The sort that teaches kids morals and all about being a 'Sportsman'.

The added fact that he constantly conducts himself in an unsporting manner whilst keeping (arguably) the best job in the world is an absolute disgrace!! Only in Football can these things be overlooked and players forgiven. SHAMBLES!!!

The sooner the FA stop allowing these players to breach the rules and make a mockery of football, Then the better the game will be as a whole!!

Jealous of Lee Bowyer????..........Let me think....Yeah I REALLY wish I was a piece of **** that seems to more than 'coincedentally' get himself in **** off AND on the pitch.

Now that your 2 brain cells might be warmed up................You may want to try again to understand my initial point;

Bowyer is bloody lucky to be playing football in the PL and making ridiculous amounts of cash. ALL whilst doing nothing but confirming how filthy and corrupt football is. There comes the added responsibility of trying to be a 'role model'. Something the likes of Ryan Giggs do very well. The sort that teaches kids morals and all about being a 'Sportsman'.

The added fact that he constantly conducts himself in an unsporting manner whilst keeping (arguably) the best job in the world is an absolute disgrace!! Only in Football can these things be overlooked and players forgiven. SHAMBLES!!!

The sooner the FA stop allowing these players to breach the rules and make a mockery of football, Then the better the game will be as a whole!!

What a load of tosh...footballers are not role models...the only role model a child needs and should have is their parents...if you are relying on football players to install any type of morality into children then I am afraid you are certainly looking at the wrong profession.

What a load of tosh...footballers are not role models...the only role model a child needs and should have is their parents...if you are relying on football players to install any type of morality into children then I am afraid you are certainly looking at the wrong profession.

Aren't football players fathers aswell?

Bowyer is bloody lucky to be playing football in the PL and making ridiculous amounts of cash. . There comes the added respALL whilst doing nothing but confirming how filthy and corrupt football isonsibility of trying to be a 'role model'. Something the likes of Ryan Giggs do very well. The sort that teaches kids morals and all about being a 'Sportsman'.

Meanwhile, back in the real World of professional sports, there is a talented footballer who has a couple of years left in him - probably not in the Premiership but would do a good job in the Championship. Bowyer has got himself into the odd spat both on the pitch and off it. So have a lot of players in most sports. I would welcome him with open arms if I thought he could improve the team.

I don't think that Bowyer is lucky to be playing in the PL, he will have worked hard to play to that standard.

I am not quite sure what you mean by "ALL whilst doing nothing but confirming how filthy and corrupt football is". Is this just an over reaction of some sort? What on Earth do you mean to generate a statement like that?

Archived