Lee Bowyer

ramexpat

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've just had a captain who has admitted to cheating on several occasions, and once when playing for our local rivals, against us. What makes Bowyer any worse? He's got a dropped court case against his name, that's about it.

No, there is cheating and there is being a thug. When was Savage ever violent on the field, never mind off it!? Red cards? Nope. Violent conduct? nope. Court appearances? nope :rolleyes:

I rest my case

This is quite interesting. I'd much rather have an aggressive player with an occasional violent streak then a cheat in my team, if we are talking purely about football. He was cleared at court, so you can't really use that. He doesn't compare to Marlon King or Lee Hughes.

Savage should have been banned a few times over for some of the antics he got up to. Bowyer's career has been defined by three or four moments of madness, when actually his talent is overlooked.

This is quite interesting. I'd much rather have an aggressive player with an occasional violent streak then a cheat in my team, if we are talking purely about football. He was cleared at court, so you can't really use that. He doesn't compare to Marlon King or Lee Hughes.

Savage should have been banned a few times over for some of the antics he got up to. Bowyer's career has been defined by three or four moments of madness, when actually his talent is overlooked.

He was fined £4500 following an incident in Md's, paid £170k to settle out of court, had a brawl with his own team mate, verbally abused a fan, and most recently stamped on a player, how can you say he is better than Savage in that sense ?

Personally I wouldnt mind Bowyer in the team if he still has the ability, but I can completely understand why people refer to his past as a reason for not wanting him.

The difference is Savage cheated to win and had he done it for Derby I would be more than happy, however Bowyer did them things because he is a thug and it had nothing do to with football.

He was fined £4500 following an incident in Md's, paid £170k to settle out of court, had a brawl with his own team mate, verbally abused a fan, and most recently stamped on a player, how can you say he is better than Savage in that sense ?

Personally I wouldnt mind Bowyer in the team if he still has the ability, but I can completely understand why people refer to his past as a reason for not wanting him.

The difference is Savage cheated to win and had he done it for Derby I would be more than happy, however Bowyer did them things because he is a thug and it had nothing do to with football.

How many of those 'brawls' have you seen since. Bloody loads - some managers even think it's a good sign that they are showing passion!

If you think he's in the King, Hughes bracket, then I totally disagree with you.

I don't like these players that come with baggage and a reputation that is all consuming. In other words, I am thankful we are now no longer Robbie Savage FC and I would rather we didnt become Lee Bowyer FC.

• 2 weeks later...
Just seen this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13573178.stm

Would this mean Bowyer is back on, can't remember how strong the interest was on our side?

After reading this I would consider pulling out of Eustace and Shackell offers and use the money on wages for four players released from Birmingham. The reason I will say this is you get 4 players who are experienced and will definately improve our squad and they have what it takes for us to make an immediate impact. I think the wages would be an issue still though but on two yr contracts each it would give us the drive we need if we offered up to £20k a week this would cost £4,150,000 in wages but would give us cover at full back, a new centre half, a centre midfielder and a striker who will guarantee you 15 goals and the players are

Parnaby

Martin Jiránek

Bowyer

Phillips.

Now these will make a massive difference for me and this would really drive us towards a top 10 finish and actually pushing a top 6.

After reading this I would consider pulling out of Eustace and Shackell offers and use the money on wages for four players released from Birmingham. The reason I will say this is you get 4 players who are experienced and will definately improve our squad and they have what it takes for us to make an immediate impact. I think the wages would be an issue still though but on two yr contracts each it would give us the drive we need if we offered up to £20k a week this would cost £4,150,000 in wages but would give us cover at full back, a new centre half, a centre midfielder and a striker who will guarantee you 15 goals and the players are

Parnaby

Martin Jiránek

Bowyer

Phillips.

Now these will make a massive difference for me and this would really drive us towards a top 10 finish and actually pushing a top 6.

For one season until they all retire then back to square one

For one season until they all retire then back to square one

Parnaby is 28 so would hope that he would be here more than a season

Martin Jiránek is 32 Czech international who I would think would not be too happy to be considered ready for the knackers yard after one season

Bowyer has at least two seasons in him, take it you did not watch the cup final where he was all over the place, in both boxes being a nuisance and his legs have def not gone and is a lot better player than Sav was.

Phillips is a proven goal scorer and whilst the youngsters are settling and improving I can't think of a better professional or finisher to be around young kids helping them so what if it is for one season.

So don't think your comment justified sorry but if you want proven experienced players then this is what is out there

Parnaby is 28 so would hope that he would be here more than a season

Martin Jiránek is 32 Czech international who I would think would not be too happy to be considered ready for the knackers yard after one season

Bowyer has at least two seasons in him, take it you did not watch the cup final where he was all over the place, in both boxes being a nuisance and his legs have def not gone and is a lot better player than Sav was.

Phillips is a proven goal scorer and whilst the youngsters are settling and improving I can't think of a better professional or finisher to be around young kids helping them so what if it is for one season.

So don't think your comment justified sorry but if you want proven experienced players then this is what is out there

Sorry, saw Bowyer and Phillips and lost interest. Parnaby could do a job but will go to a lower prem side, likewise Jiranek (can't do the accent on the "a"). If the other 2 are all the experience available then I'll take buying for the future please- a pensioner and a thug basically.

Archived