Chris Maquire

davenportram

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, let's hope that they are right putting their faith in him. Was there/ is there much interest from other clubs? Surely if he was all that other scotch teams would be interested? Either way, if he's signing good luck to the lad and I hope he slots in well, as soon as he has a ram on his chest I will be supporting him 100%

Sorry to be pedantic, and maybe " Worksop" was being ironic, but "*******" is spelt like this. Actually, I really wanted to post to ask - is it only me that is appalled at how many people don't seem to know the difference between "of" and "have"?. Example : He should of been sent off.

Sorry to be pedantic, and maybe " Worksop" was being ironic, but "*******" is spelt like this. Actually, I really wanted to post to ask - is it only me that is appalled at how many people don't seem to know the difference between "of" and "have"?. Example : He should of been sent off.

First time I have seen the censor at work- so it's ok to use swear words if you misspell them

No. Hull outbid our £73, with a bid of £400,000. It turns out we bid too low.

Actually, it's going to the tribunal. I hear we're quietly confident that our argument about the cost of the meat is going to make sure that we in fact don't have to pay any more at all.

Compensation for international transfers is nothing like it is for English transfers. It's all very regulated - you pay a certain amount for each year the player was at the other club for developing the player, with the amount depending on the two clubs involved (and the age of the player during those years). It sounds like the point of contention is that MacGuire has been a full member of Aberdeens first team for the last season, so we are objecting paying development costs for a player that wasn't being developed, he was a fully active squad member (otherwise we would have effectively funded MacGuire playing for Aberdeen for the last season). It absolutely makes sense for us to do this, since there's no way the compensation can be increased because it's limited by the number of years he's been at Aberdeen, and if the decision goes our way, we save a few quid.

Archived