Chris Maquire

davenportram

Very good point.

Anyone else other than myself on here managed to talk themselves in to thinking this could be a ruddy good signing?

I have only seen 3 or 4 video clips of him but they have shown that he can certainly see and take a goalscoring opportunity. I hope we get the guy, I think he could make defences feel very uncomfortable.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think/hope we will be playing him wide. A few good things have been said about his work rate which is the most encouraging thing for me. Ward has turned out well because he works so hard without the ball.

Still need a top target man though.

Still need a top target man though.

In that case i hope we won't splash 1,5mil or more on Waghorn.

Cos i can't see us spending another 1-2m on target man. Waghorn is[sIZE=5] [sIZE=3]not the answer if we are looking for goalscorer.[/sIZE][/sIZE]

In that case i hope we won't splash 1,5mil or more on Waghorn.

Cos i can't see us spending another 1-2m on target man. Waghorn is[sIZE=5][sIZE=3]not the answer if we are looking for goalscorer.[/sIZE][/sIZE]

No, Ward and S.Davies are. I'd bet my left tezza that they'll comfortably hit 20 between them.

No, Ward and S.Davies are. I'd bet my left tezza that they'll comfortably hit 20 between them.

[sIZE=3]Are you sure S.Davies would be able to play at least 20 games next season?[/sIZE]

[sIZE=3]I like him but think he will be crocked in pre-season. [/sIZE][sIZE=3]Jamie Ward has a terrible injury record too.[/sIZE]

According to the Palace fans site, he was on £5k at Brighton and out of contract, and is getting £10k at Palace. I can't vouch for the accuracy of this but if it's true it tells you why he moved. At 27, he couldn't turn down such a jump in wages.
I definitely do not think Palace can afford to play ONE player £500,000 a year , they are broke.

would be interesting if palace did pay that amount

It would take a lot to make Palace interesting in my book- maybe their crappy old ground actually rusting away to dust might do it or the FA relegating them simply for being so dull

Very good point.

Anyone else other than myself on here managed to talk themselves in to thinking this could be a ruddy good signing?

yes...i too have whipped myself up into quite a frenzy

i'm now totally covered in some sort of secretion :D

A

Are you seriously expecting any of us to know? I'll check with my dog walking friend later to see if the market stall chappie said owt else.:rolleyes:

At the moment, he is still in the Ian Storey-Moore stage of signing. I believe these things when I see him being interviewed on the Rams Player. Meanwhile, did the market stall chappie say owt about the Direct of Football? (Billy Davies??? :))

Are you seriously expecting any of us to know? I'll check with my dog walking friend later to see if the market stall chappie said owt else.:rolleyes:

Haha yeah ask him mate, he appears to be in the know. And while your at it, get him to check the prices of apples on the market stall; daylight robbery where im shopping mate

[sIZE=6][sIZE=25px]Levein tells Maguire to focus on Scotland[/sIZE][/sIZE]

[sIZE=12px]CHRIS Maguire has been told to put country before club after Scotland manager Craig Levein turned down the Aberdeen attacker’s request to leave the national team to complete his move to English Championship side Derby County.[/sIZE]

[sIZE=12px]Maguire made a request to leave the Scotland camp yesterday to have a medical with Nigel Clough’s side.[/sIZE]

[sIZE=12px]The Rams have not opened talks with Aberdeen about a fee for the forward and are holding off until Maguire has passed a medical. The Dons forward had hoped to speed up the process by completing his formalities.[/sIZE]

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2278611?UserKey=

Isn't Levein the pillock who steered Leicester from possible promotion to mid-table mediocrity? Probably sour grapes.

He always looked like Harry Potter to me but he was no wizard at Leicester.

Archived