Chris Maquire

davenportram

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think we may up missing out here.

we delayed on sammon and missed out.

while we argue over pennies we risk getting thumped by a lower prem side.

Lets hope not, way things are going a Hull representative will be in Scotland with a fat cheque by the morning!

Very pessimistic!

I'm confident we'll have Maguire & Bryson tied up by the end of next week. Shackell might be longer, or we'll get told to piss off.

I think we may get Shackell but for no less than 1 mil. Not too sure on the others, it's difficult to know when the best time to table a bid is- too early and you alert other clubs and the current club will try to push the price up anyway, too late and you may be beaten to it and miss out on your alternative targets also. Unless you can afford to outbid all other clubs then it is always a risky business.

How reliable was the info that we were interested in Brightons Murray?

If we were we've missed out on him too

I still can't get over the fact he left Brighton for Palace, I fully expect Brigton to be in the play-off hunt and I think Palace will go down!

The money must have been good.

I still can't get over the fact he left Brighton for Palace, I fully expect Brigton to be in the play-off hunt and I think Palace will go down!

According to the Palace fans site, he was on £5k at Brighton and out of contract, and is getting £10k at Palace. I can't vouch for the accuracy of this but if it's true it tells you why he moved. At 27, he couldn't turn down such a jump in wages.

Agree entirely.

I think Brighton will spend the season like Burnley/Millwall. Almost, but not quite.

Where as Palace will be among the favourites to go down along with us and Donny. But with Billy Sharp Donny will always have chance. We're off buying. Palace are looking the weakest imo.

Just seen Middlesborough are up there with the favourites for promotion, have they done something on the sly that they haven't gone public with? they seem to have a poor over paid squad IMO, I would of thought keeping their head above water would be a job enough.

Just seen Middlesborough are up there with the favourites for promotion, have they done something on the sly that they haven't gone public with? they seem to have a poor over paid squad IMO, I would of thought keeping their head above water would be a job enough.

They ended the season in great form under Mowbray and they have a great batch of youngsters coming through. They will be top half next season I think.

EDIT: They actually did so this season, beleive it or not!:eek:

ahh, perhaps that is why. I still don't expect them to be up there come next season. I find a team who is spending money and looking to push on always seems to do well, just what Forest did last season, norwich this season..etc could it be us :rolleyes:

I know leicester are up there but I just don't see Sven as a capable championship manager, he has his connections to bring players into the club but from what they have been linked with (the most part) is players looking to dine out on their last contract.

I think all 3 promoted teams will be quite strong, particularly the automatic ones. I also think the 3 relegated ones will be too, west ham to struggle if any. Going to be intriguing as to who struggles. Could all be about who starts bad but I expect Barnsley, Doncaster and Palace to be down there.

Levein turning down Maguire's request to come down to talk to us could be a little silly.

Could well be our player soon. Outside of qualifiers we're under no obligation to release him for friendlies if we don't want to.

Very good point.

Anyone else other than myself on here managed to talk themselves in to thinking this could be a ruddy good signing?

I think we just need to keep an open mind to be honest.

Could be a good signing, might not be. Worst thing to do is dismiss it as a bad signing straight away and get on his back. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy then as we've seen countless times over the past 3/4 years.

Archived