Chris Maquire

davenportram

Maguire sounds like he has a lot of potential, lets hope he does well if he comes here.

But I think Commons has outscored him in half a season in the SPL, I might be wrong though.

I will definatley give him a chance though, I remember when we agreed a deal for Brayford and Bailey I was so angry and I didn't want Brayford here at all ... a season later he is my favourite player and I believe he has the potential to play for England and Bailey looks like a very very good player. One of the best passers of the ball in the league.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we are offering Maguire 7k a week to play here, I would happily get my balls out, lay them on a cobble stone pavement and let every registered member on here jump on them, one jump per person!

i'd guess the figure would be around half of that!

Just a warning- I am 15 and a half stone with size 11 feet, I'd try and jump lightly but can't guarantee the outcome!

Maguire sounds like he has a lot of potential, lets hope he does well if he comes here.

But I think Commons has outscored him in half a season in the SPL, I might be wrong though.

I will definatley give him a chance though, I remember when we agreed a deal for Brayford and Bailey I was so angry and I didn't want Brayford here at all ... a season later he is my favourite player and I believe he has the potential to play for England and Bailey looks like a very very good player. One of the best passers of the ball in the league.

For one Kris Commons is playing for Celtic and in that league players within this team should be scoring more frequesntly then the other clubs. Maguire is playing on the wing in a poor team and has still scored. If he was one the attacking three may be a flair player with Ward who can score and create for the striker. I have noticed a post saying he plays wide and not a recognised striker as promised. Has Clough and Glick said this is the striker they are after? I think that player will be under raps until they have signed him then we will know. Strikers who can score goals (15+) are sought after in Championship and broadcasting that name will warn other clubs of availability we have lost out to many times through this and therefore at present I am happy we have no clue

Saw him play a few times this season, he stood out when Aberdeen came to St Mirren in October in the league and was best player on the pitch in the Scottish cup, an he scored that game aswell. That said, the SPL is dire...

Brown resigned to losing striker Maguire to Derby

Saturday, May 28, 2011, 09:00

ABERDEEN manager Craig Brown expects striker Chris Maguire to join Derby County.

The Rams are keen to land the 22-year-old, who is out of contract at Pittodrie.

Maguire, who is currently on international duty with Scotland, turned down a new deal with the Scottish Premier League club and Brown is resigned to losing the young front man.

"It looks as though he'll go to Derby," said Brown.

"It's not been confirmed, obviously, because he's away with the national team.

"But I'm sure that when he comes back, a medical will be undertaken.

"He'll have no bother passing that, I'm sure, and the transfer will go through."

Because of the player's age, Derby will have to pay Aberdeen compensation.

Brown added: "I think the compensation comes to just under £400,000. That's to be confirmed."

Maguire could feature for Scotland against the Republic of Ireland tomorrow.

It has been reported that Millwall have given up in their pursuit of another of Derby's transfer targets, Nathan Tyson, after talks broke down. Striker Tyson, 29, is out of contract at Nottingham Forest and is available on a free transfer.

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Brown-res ... ticle.html?

£7000-a-week is a very good deal for young and unproven scottish player. Hope he worths it.

http://www.aberdeen-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/maguire_puts_cash_before_country_679251/index.shtml

Looks like this was written by a fan blogger rather than a journalist. Also a Scottish Nationalist who doesnt seems to realise that the English Championship is actually a much bigger league than the SPL. Why exactly can Derby afford £700 per week and Aberdeen not? Because Derby are a bigger club with bigger support and play in a bigger league.

Looks like this was written by a fan blogger rather than a journalist. Also a Scottish Nationalist who doesnt seems to realise that the English Championship is actually a much bigger league than the SPL. Why exactly can Derby afford £700 per week and Aberdeen not? Because Derby are a bigger club with bigger support and play in a bigger league.
Some of our players are getting too much :rolleyes::D

Touched it four times:

Set up a chance with a good cross

Good bit of play down the right, leads to a back post header

Cross that went straight out

Steamed in and hacked down Stephen Hunt from behind with a wild swipe when protecting the ball in the corner.

I like him already.

Archived