Chris Maquire

davenportram

still wrong though it should all be the same, not causing any fuss then!

Does anyone know for sure what the process is now ? I mean, it seems that we have agreed terms with the player - did he do his medical ?- and we can't agree compensation with Aberdeen. So, it goes to tribunal...but when exactly ? And in the meantime is he our player and has he signed a contract of sorts ? Or can't he do the latter until he is 'released' by 'Deen after the tribunal set the fee ?

I guess the real question is whether anyone else can come in and sneak him from us.

It's strange that the Club haven't officially said anything about him...nothing like "we have him - he's ours- we just need to agree a fee"

In the Glick interview on rams player it was clear that there were instructions to not ask any question about him...why not ? Makes me think it's really not as 'done" as we think.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know for sure what the process is now ? I mean, it seems that we have agreed terms with the player - did he do his medical ?- and we can't agree compensation with Aberdeen. So, it goes to tribunal...but when exactly ? And in the meantime is he our player and has he signed a contract of sorts ? Or can't he do the latter until he is 'released' by 'Deen after the tribunal set the fee ?

I guess the real question is whether anyone else can come in and sneak him from us.

It's strange that the Club haven't officially said anything about him...nothing like "we have him - he's ours- we just need to agree a fee"

In the Glick interview on rams player it was clear that there were instructions to not ask any question about him...why not ? Makes me think it's really not as 'done" as we think.

It's like Steve Davies was. He has signed for us and becomes a Ram when his current contract runs out. He can play for us as soon as we want him too.

If we can't come to an agreement on the compensation then it will go to a tribunal.

We are not paying a transfer fee, we are paying compensation. Aberdeen can demand and moan all they like, the tribunal will set the fee at the end of the day.

I think this compensation business is one of those formalities that Glick was talking about in his interview. Not wanting to announce signings until all the loose ends are tied up. I would expect come July 1st he will be announced regardless as his contract with us will be in force and his contract up there ended.

Christopher Jack "Chris" Maguire (born 16 January 1989 in Bellshill, Scotland) is a Scottish professional footballer who currently plays for Scottish Premier League club Aberdeen as a striker. Following the expiration of his Aberdeen contract on June 30th, he will sign for English Championship side Derby County after agreeing a three year deal.

Seems he's contracted to Aberdeen untill the end of June, if you can believe what Wiki say.

Read the previous two posts.

A tribunal only happens when both clubs fail to agree and submit themselves to the process - they are then bound to abide by the outcome. It appears that we are happy that this deal is done and are quite prepared to go through with the tribunal process. Aberdeen have shown their hand and it is unlikely that we will be hit by anything higher than the 400k they have been bleating about. The fact that the tribunal could be put out in to the future (August etc) is a good reason why Craig Brown is bleating -(as a previous poster had pointed out) he wont know how much he has to spend elsewhere until its too late to spend it.

Chris Maguire is coming to Derby and this process will not have any bearing on the deal.

Aberdeen are being made to wait for their cash for attacker Chris Maguire as Derby County have yet to file the player’s registration with football authorities on both sides of the border.

Maguire competed his move to Pride Park, where he is on a three-year deal, a fortnight ago but the Rams have yet to supply the necessary paperwork to the SFA and English FA to allow the move to be verified.

They are prepared to wait until July 1 – when Maguire will be a free agent.

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2310427?UserKey=

Aberdeen are being made to wait for their cash for attacker Chris Maguire as Derby County have yet to file the player’s registration with football authorities on both sides of the border.

Maguire competed his move to Pride Park, where he is on a three-year deal, a fortnight ago but the Rams have yet to supply the necessary paperwork to the SFA and English FA to allow the move to be verified.

They are prepared to wait until July 1 – when Maguire will be a free agent.

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2310427?UserKey=

Why would waiting till 1st of July make a difference?

Oh well, we should drag it out as long as we can- I am sure that our owners would rather be getting the interest off the cash than giving a toss about whether that whinging toss*r is going to have time to replace him. I bet you could by a top flight club in Scotland for 400k anyway!

Interview on Sky Sports News DCFC page last week with Maguire. He seemed to think the deal will be done, but only when he gets back off holiday. Said he would be delighted with the move... all the usual stuff about everyone in football knowing Derby is a massive club. Sounded very positive.

Archived