Sunderland (A) - Match thread

Eoghan1884

1 minute ago, eddielewis said:

Chirewa looks like a player that hasn't had too much experience in men's football. He'll probably improve over the season but we ain't half seeing some sloppy play from him at the moment.

David ozoh from the first 4 games. Hopefully we see similar from this lad 

11 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Yates hasn't really got into the game at all, nowhere near as effective as he has been recently. It's effecting our output whenever we venture more than 10 yards into the Sunderland half.

There’s a good player in there… and he’s been great in parts this season… but I think he needs a goal or two to really get him going…

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

I don’t think you can say ‘that was coming’ in response to a Bellingham smacking one in from 25 yards. 

It’s not the goal, it’s the build up. As has been the biggest problem this season, and Warnes reign as a whole, we are giving the ball away poorly far too often. In the Championship, any team that does that gets relegated, you’re always going to be punished - we will be next unless something drastically improves in that regard.

Just now, chewbacca said:

Chirewa has given the ball away far too many times

I was greatly unimpressed by him on Saturday if I'm honest. Sounds harsh but I've got no time for cowardice on the ball, especially from attacking players.

You've got to be brave and decisive, sorry. It's one of those attributes that separates the lowest level from the higher leagues.

Hope he finds his feet soon. He is not going to achieve his dreams unless he finds the stomach to play the game

7 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Lost control in the middle of the park. Chirewa 3 touches, 3 errors, last gets punished

Shooting ourselves in the foot !!

After a decent start they are playing like they are completely intimidated by Sunderland and just looking ti mitigate the damage. Lacking confidence.

Plus our midfield looks pretty woeful…