Sharing for Cashin, one of his best mates has cancer

Day

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I make a monthly donation already to Cancer charities. Having had a long term mate go down with the same condition earlier this year I applaud what Eitin is doing, cos we did naff all for my mate Jackson....

Sad to hear that and about Cashin’s mate. I recently raised £900 for Cancer research UK, doing 100 press ups a day for a month. Brilliant charity. My best man died of a malignant melanoma aged 28. John Gallimore from Ashbourne a big Rams fan. I will donate to this fundraiser for Lewis.

Very sad news, unfortunately it seems a lot of us have a similar story about someone we love and highlights the need for donations/charities. 

I had just met my now wife, who within two months of knowing each other had a very rare form of bone cancer, Ewing’s Sarcoma. The first two/three years of our relationship were dedicated to getting through that journey and we were very lucky but a lot of people on the same ward were unfortunately not. We have actually been together 15 years today. 

On a light-hearted note in a serious thread... 

There was talk (probably in the "what's wrong with Cashin?" thread or whatever it's called), saying the lad's performances were Samson-esque, going downhill with short hair, and improving as it started to grow back. Which suggests shaving his head for his mate could be very bad news!