Ratings V Bristol (H)

Eoghan1884

Not sure why this threads not been made but I know people like doing it so said I’d set it up. Ratings 1-10 and the average rating is a 6. 

1. JWZ

24. Nyambe 

35. Nelson

6. Cashin

20. Elder

32. Ebou

4. Ozoh

17. Kenzo 

19. Jackson

10. Yates 

11. NML

SUBS

7. Barkhuizen 

3. Fozzy

16. Tommo

23. Ward

39. Brown

2 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Not sure why this threads not been made but I know people like doing it so said I’d set it up. Ratings 1-10 and the average rating is a 6. 

1. JWZ 9

24. Nyambe 8

35. Nelson 8

6. Cashin 8

20. Elder 8

32. Ebou 8

4. Ozoh 9

17. Kenzo 9

19. Jackson 8

10. Yates 8

11. NML 8

SUBS

7. Barkhuizen 6

3. Fozzy 6

16. Tommo 6

23. Ward 6

39. Brown 6

1. JWZ       8 - Bar one cross that he chased and dropped, looked solid. Some good saves, sound kicking and very confident

24. Nyambe  8 - Defended solidly

35. Nelson   7.5 - Got caught for pace a couple of times, but defended stoutly as per. Some important blocks.

6. Cashin   8 - Back to his best? Certainly very close.

20. Elder 8 - Two stray headers aside, this was his best game for Derby.

32. Ebou  8.5 - Back to doing what he does best, tackled like a demon and played some neat football.

4. Ozoh  9 - Once he shifted position further forward, he grew into the game until he was like Gandalf amongst the Orcs. His run that started the move for his goal was unreal. A star in the making.

17. Kenzo  8.5 - I think we saw what he is about yesterday. A 'baller' with a great brain and a decent shot on him. Fine goal

19. Jackson 8 - Proving Ipswich fans wrong and banging another fine goal in. Stretched their defence so many times.

10. Yates 9 - Such a clever player. He's not the big CF that Warne wanted, but with the right kind of service, he will cause problems, A fine assist and unlucky not to score.

11. NML  7.5 - I still think he's not quite back to his best, but was much better yesterday. Another one unlucky not to score.

SUBS

7. Barkhuizen  6.5 - Made some good runs late on to stretch play.

3. Fozzy  6 - His calm presence wasn't really needed, but he's always a reassuring sight.

16. Tommo  6.5 - Wound the clock down and the Bristol players up, effectively.

23. Ward  6

39. Brown 6

ATG 

1. JWZ - 8  kept us in the game in the first 20 mins. Grew into his passing and finding space. Should make better use of his throws as in the warm up was pinging throws to the half way line perfectly. One dodgy drop of a cross but was so big coming for it it bodes well for the future. 

24. Nyambe - 8 solid as a rock and offered help going forward. 

35. Nelson - 8 solid as a rock and some good last ditch defending. Was caught out for pace a couple of times which is why we started from so far back on more than one occasion as the back line didn’t want their number 30 to get in behind. 

6. Cashin - 8 solid as a rock as well. Did get caught out for pace in the first 20 mins but changed positioning and anticipation after that. Some great distribution as well. Second half was immense. 

20. Elder - 8.5  His best performance for the rams. Apart from the first 10/15 mins where he misplaced a throw and pass, he was brill. Supported the front line really well. Defended superbly and was like a new signing. 

32. Ebou - 8.5 What a great player to have in the middle. Led the attitude of the players getting stuck in and tracked back and covered excellently. The championship Kante. 

4. Ozoh - 8.7 As above defensively but added so much more going forward as well. Held the ball up brilliantly and played the pass where needed all the time. This lad could really become something special. Only not my motm due to 2 other players. 

17. Kenzo - 9 my motm  after 15 mins he was the best player on the park. Made the Bristol midfielders look like school kids and made so much space, playing ability and chances for progression from his movement and passing. What a gem. 

19. Jackson - 8.5 I love this lad. Defensively always helping out and closing down his side and was open a tonne more times than we actually used him so always a threat on their back line which kept them further back. Glad he got that goal as well. Work rate unmatched (I think, would be interested to see the stats) 

10. Yates 9 If he’d scored that shot that hit the post he would have been motm but besides scoring he put in the best all round forward performance I’d seen at PP for many a year. The difference of him playing up front to anything else we have is so stark to the way the rest of the team play. Hardly a hooded ball up to him which meant all our midfielders were able to play up the pitch and hold the ball. And it was much better football in both effectiveness and on the eye. 

11. NML - 7 Probably our worst player in the starting 11 but still slightly above average. If he’d have scored that goal we would have gone metal. Just lacking  a final ball more often than not. 

SUBS

7. Barkhuizen 6 

3. Fozzy 6 

16. Tommo 6 

23. Ward 6 

39. Brown 6 

Warne 10. As much as I’ve criticised some of the football under him if this is what to come I’ll take that every week. A joy to watch. 

Edited by England Ram

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

1. JWZ 8.5. Love a keeper with a bit of personality. A modern day Mart Poom?

24. Nyambe 8. Quietly solid.

35. Nelson 8. See Nyambe

6. Cashin 8.5. Back to his brilliant best. Crunching challenge on Bird in the second half was a highlight.

20. Elder 8. His best game to date. 

32. Ebou 8. The General! Brilliant run and strike to draw the save for David to score, showing he’s more than a just a break-it-up DM.

4. Ozoh 9. Max who? Jason who? 

17. Kenzo 8.5. Smart finish. On another day could’ve had a hat-trick. 

19. Jackson 9 caused them all sorts of problems. Still had work to do when the ball came to him for his goal. 

10. Yates 9. As per Jackson, minus the goal. Some sublime touches and pulled their defence all over the place

11. NML 8. So unlucky to hit the post after beating their keeper to the through ball.

Subs. 

7. Barkhuizen 6

3. Fozzy 6

16. Tommo 6

23. Ward 6

39. Brown 6

Edited by DiggerB

JWZ       8 - Looks a rock behind the back 4, other than one cross that he chased and dropped, looked solid. Some good saves, sound kicking and very confident. Quality signing.

24. Nyambe  8 - Defended solidly.

35. Nelson   7.5 - Got caught for pace a couple of times, generally defended well with some important blocks.

6. Cashin   8 - Solid, Cash is back.

20. Elder 8 - Played like his life depended on it, best game so far for Derby by a mile.

32. Ebou  8.5 - Muscled Bristols no.8 to the floor in the first quarter, strong all game and back to doing what he does best.

4. Ozoh  8.5 - Once he shifted position further forward he grew into the game, going to be a quality player, pity we couldn’t sign him.

17. Kenzo  8.5 - My MOM great signing and I think he’s gonna get better, reads the game well and always makes himself time on the ball.

19. Jackson 8 - Work horse and will always grab a goal, another bargain signing.

10. Yates 8.5 - Not a big CF but like Jacko a work horse, with the right service, he will score goals and assist his fair share.

11. NML  7.5 - Not quite back to his best, but much better yesterday. Not sure the captaincy does him any favours.

SUBS

7. Barkhuizen  6.5 - Made some good runs late on to stretch play.

3. Fozzy  6.5 - Calm presence, I always feel comfortable when he’s on the ball, wouldn’t have said that 5 years ago lol.

16. Tommo  6.5 - Busy when he came on and wound the clock down.

23. Ward  6 - Came on too late to comment.

39. Brown 6 - Came on too late to comment.

1. JWZ - 8

24. Nyambe - 7

35. Nelson - 7

6. Cashin - 7

20. Elder - 7

32. Ebou - 7

4. Ozoh - 8.5

17. Kenzo - 9

19. Jackson - 8.5

10. Yates - 8

11. NML - 7

SUBS

7. Barkhuizen - 7

3. Fozzy - 6

16. Tommo - 6

23. Ward - 6

39. Brown - 6

Edited by ramsbottom

JWZ.  8.5

24. Nyambe  7.5

35. Nelson. 7.5

6. Cashin 7.5

20. Elder 7

32. Ebou. 8.5

4. Ozoh. 8

17. Kenzo 8.5

19. Jackson. 7

10. Yates 7

11. NML.  7

SUBS

7. Barkhuizen 4

3. Fozzy.  6

16. Tommo. 6

23. Ward.  6

39. Brown. 6

1. JWZ 7.5

24. Nyambe 8

35. Nelson 7

6. Cashin 7.5

20. Elder 7.5

32. Ebou 7.5

4. Ozoh 8.5

17. Kenzo 8.5

19. Jackson 8

10. Yates 7.5

11. NML 7

SUBS

7. Barkhuizen 6

3. Fozzy 6

16. Tommo 6

23. Ward 6

39. Brown 6

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Thought they got in behind his side a bit too easily early on, and he gave away a few daft fouls seconds half if I remember correctly. Nothing horrific, but could’ve done better.

Nothing horrific but he gets less than average?  Bit harsh in my opinion.  Thought he went quietly about his business to be honest.

25 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Nothing horrific but he gets less than average?  Bit harsh in my opinion.  Thought he went quietly about his business to be honest.

I thought his performance was below expectations, hence the slightly below average rating. Shows how we all see the game differently, I thought it was one of his poorer games.

He’s usually excellent and I rate him, so it’s not personal.

There were bits and bobs iffyness by a few players but I'd give all outfield players 8 or 8.5.

Really enjoyed it and my thought as I walked down the main stand steps was "will Phillips and Harness get in the team?". I've watched all but about 2 games since PW came in (live or on TV) and that was the most complete performance to date imo.

No idea who I'd give MOTM to......an argument for each of them for a variety of reasons.

Thought Barks (7) made things happen when he came on......great to see after a dismal 45 mins on Tues and other subs did nothing wrong (6's)

1. Jacob  8.5 - A brilliant double save when Armstrong (?) got beyond Nyambe set the tone for a really solid outing. It's great to see a stopper who looks to command his area and I think in this lad, we may have found our best stopper since Poom. Time to introduce the thunder clap, I reckon.

24. Nyambe 8.0 - Another solid outing from Ryan. We just look better and harder to beat when he plays.

35. Nelson 8.0 - Hardly ever puts a foot wrong. Captain my captain.

6. Cashin 9.0 - To think some were suggesting he should be let go! Those twinkling Irish eyes and the engaging smile don't mask the fact that he is a horrible **** to play against. Nearly snapping Birdy in two was a tad mean though!

20. Elder 8.5 - Knew he had it in him. He's shown gains with every outing this season and fully repaid Warne's faith in him with an excellent outing.

32. Ebou 8.0 - I needn't have worried - I'd thought he hadn't looked quite his wrecking ball self, but he's found his form and is another you'd hate to play against. By no means just a clogger though.

4. Ozoh 9.5 - Yes David! That was the performance that had been hinted at in earlier games. As complete an outing as any I've seen in years by a Ram. This lad's a prince and we're very lucky to have him. Just a shame that Palace will want him back! 

17. Kenzo 9.0 - Haven't understood some comments on here in respect of this lad's ability. The type of player that justifies the ticket price, he was a constant thorn in their side.  For all their efforts, Brizzle couldn't lay a glove on him.  His dad must have been brimming with pride watching his boy play.

19. Jackson 8.5 - Ipswich fans told us we'd love him and love him I do. So much more than just a flyer, he looks a bloody menace every time he gets on the ball.

10. Yates 9.0 - What a way to announce your arrival! The lad's got eyes in the back of his head and he played the Brizzle back 4 like a fiddle. We need to be making overtures to sign him if we can, assuming he takes to Derby the way I reckon we'll take to him. He was borderline untouchable.

11. NML 8.5 - Having looked a little out of sorts, I think that at this level, he can't be our only attacking threat as he has been at times, especially last season. This was the Nate we've come to love. A bristling and complete performance.

SUBS - 7.0 - 7. Barkhuizen  3. Fozzy  16. Tommo  23. Ward 39. Brown - All 7.0 - their job was to close out the game which didn't leave much scope to impress individually, but all of them knuckled down and gave the gaffer exactly what he'd asked for.

WarneWatch - Our loveable bobble hat botherer got it spot on and it was a relief to see him looking less stressed than of late. Some naysayers will never give him credit and I'm past caring as for me, he's done everything asked of him, most often with one arm tied behind his back. Definitely not the one trick pony some would have us believe and if he can get the lads to perform close to this level consistently, we'll have little to fear. I honestly think he'll confound the doubters again and bury the notion that he's not up to Championship muster. Thanks too to DC for again digging deep this window. I hope he enjoyed the game as much as I did, as he sure AF deserves to.