New Signing Ratings 24/25

Genuinely interested to see peoples take on the new signings. Rate them on a scale of 1-10 and give some reasons why or dont. 

GK - JWZ

GK - Luthra 

CB - Phillips 

DM - Ozoh 

DM - Ebou 

CM - Kenzo

CM - Osborn 

AM - Chirewa 

LW - Harness 

ST - Yates 

RW - Jackson 

Overall Rating - 

Edited by Eoghan1884

3 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

GK - Vickers 😂 If you mean the other one, nice hair!

GK - Luthra not yet played in league

CB - Phillips - not yet played

DM - Ozoh - promising

DM - Ebou - getting fit

CM - Kenzo - needs to strengthen himself

CM - Osborn - excellent if can keep fit

AM - Chirewa - lively, good skills in 45 minutes of football

LW - Harness - not yet played 

ST - Yates- not had any service in the few minutes he's been on the pitch

RW - Jackson - swift and more productive than expected. I think he's going to be good. 

Ask us again when they've all played 10 games.

19 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Genuinely interested to see peoples take on the new signings. Rate them on a scale of 1-10 and give some reasons why or dont. 

GK - Zetterstrom.             GK - Wildsmith

GK - Luthra                        GK - Loach

CB - Phillips                       M. -  Smith

DM - Ozoh                          M -  Bird

DM - Ebou                          M. - Ebou

CM - Kenzo.                       M. - Hourahan

CM - Osborn                      M. - Sibley

AM - Chirewa                     M. - Fornah

LW - Harness                     F. -  Waghorn

ST - Yates                           F. -  TJJ

RW - Jackson                     F. -  Gayle

Overall Rating - 

11 out and 11 in,  overall the age has come down and it looks like more energy with more availability with the forward players. A good window with the budget we had compared with some of the other clubs in the champ who had more to spend.

JWZ - 7 hoping he’ll turn out as good as they say, just hope we didn’t spuff most of our budget on an average GK

Phillips 8 good deadline day deal

Ozoh 6/7 looked ok so far hopefully grows into it

Adams 7 

Kenzo 7 same as Ozoh

Osborn 8 if he can stay fit our signing of summer

chirewa 7 hopefully can step up and produce in first team football

Harness 7 decent signing 

Yates 7 looked lost at Watford but if can get him the ball I think he’ll be a good signing 

Jackson 8 works hard decent on the ball, good signing 

GK - JWZ 

8 - I guess? Obviously not seen much of him but very good pedigree

GK - Luthra 

6 - Doubt he’ll ever play just cheap cover

CB - Phillips 

9 - Very good signing, probably not as good as he seemed when he had a run in Liverpools team and did really well but should be a top Championship defender

DM - Ozoh 

7 - Very good on the ball, not very good off it (so far). Not a lone defensive midfielder in my opinion, certainly not in a non ball dominant team

DM - Ebou 

7 - Slightly shaky start but we know what he can do

CM - Kenzo

7 - Like the idea and have seen good flashes 

CM - Osborn 

8 - Happy with him so far, has a lot of bite but also technically sound. Got a feeling he may need to move to LB / LWB to give the midfield a touch more balance

AM - Chirewa 

6 - Fine, not sure if Harness makes him surplus to requirements already? Both seem like similar types?

LW - Harness 

7 - Always liked him as a player

ST - Yates 

7 - Maybe not the striker we needed but a good player. Hopefully as he settles our style of play evolves into the few games of Dwight Gayle football last year rather than lumping it over his head.

RW - Jackson 

7 - Wasn’t sold on it but pleasantly surprised so far, hope we don’t feel the need to play him up front too often.

Overall Rating - 

7 - In the context of having so much to do and not much to do it with I think it’s a good window but shows the pitfalls of the “don’t worry about the league above until you’re actually there” argument. Bit of a concern up front but we’ll have to make do, and I still don’t think I could tell you what our best system is, probably a 3421 now but I’d have concerns over who plays in a midfield 2.

GK - JWZ 8 has the pedigree

GK - Luthra 6 meh

CB - Phillips 10 statement signing

DM - Ozoh 7 shown promise

DM - Ebou 8 ebouuuuuu 

CM - Kenzo 7 shown promise

CM - Osborn 7 higher if he can stay fit

AM - Chirewa 6 we'll see

LW - Harness 8 always liked him

ST - Yates 8 can score goals at this level

RW - Jackson 7 marginal upgrade on NML

Overall Rating - 7.5/10

GK - JWZ - 8 although as with all the signings, it's early days so really the rating is on "the deal" rather than what they've done for us so far.

GK - Luthra - 6

CB - Phillips  - 9 Liverpool fans are saying he's a great signing for us.

DM - Ozoh - 7 seems a good loan

DM - Ebou - 8 the man we wanted

CM - Kenzo - 7 if he figures out english football he'll be good

CM - Osborn - 3 you can take the player out of forest.....(only kidding, probs a 7)

AM - Chirewa - 5 meh, see how this loan pans out

LW - Harness - 6 meh, see how this loan turns out

ST - Yates - 6 my Swansea mate says he couldn't hit a barn door and when the team wasn't playing to suit him he gave up a bit.

RW - Jackson - 8 (would've been 7 but goals) Seems a right up Warne's street style of signing.

Overall 7 - I don't think we've done any bad deals, we've mostly brought in players who are probably going to be capable of the championship but I can't escape the nagging feeling we really needed a quality striker to make the team work, and as good a servant as James Collins has been, the bloke is the definition of "career League 1 striker"

Overall Rating - 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Ask us again when they've all played 10 games.

Agreed.

Eg -

Keeper let's be honest hasn't been that great so far but I think he will be.

Ozoh looked awesome then half asleep defensively.

Jackson I wasn't sold on.... yet possibly has looked the most exciting so far. 

On paper I'm scoring it as 8.5 but couldn't say anything more until we see them play.

Remember Premier League Captain material Sonny Bradley and how he was received,  and then performed til Xmas. 

Edited by Chester40

Being a bit of a rebel and switching up this rating/review system since you can't review the new players just yet and you have to give Zetterstrom and Goudmijn even more time.

I think reviewing our overall transfer window after a good sleep on it I can give it a C+ grade or 7 out of 10.

It obviously been hard for internal and external reasons but I do think the main thing for fans to consider we are still a club in recovery. I believe it will take us another 2-3 seasons depending on if we were to be relegated from the championship again for us to fully shake off this but I do believe though that we have a squad more than capable of surviving in the championship which is the only real goal this season.

I believe this has been a massively difficult transfer window and for pretty much every club to navigate. In a weird way the transfer window is evolving into an American sports way of doing business. The bogyman of PSR/FFP has truly hit the Premier League where clubs were trying to do swap deals in June/July in order to not be hit with any sanctions and cook each others books. Players like Kellyman, Osula and Dobbin would have never moved for the fees they have gone for a couple of years ago... and even probably would have never moved clubs too be honest. The Sterling/Sancho loan deals last night also feel like the NBA/NFL where teams eat some salary in order to move a player on. This restriction of finances has impacted the transfer food chain along with what seems a decrease in young players going on loan from Premier League teams especially those playing in Europe as they need a bigger squad in case of injuries. Through this the 'english' tax has gone even further up on players. 

I like how we've started to sign foreign players with Zetterstom and Goudmijn and It will take them a good season or so to settle fully. It's seems we could have had another 2 more with Thordarson (Preston) and Willumson (Birmingham). Yesterday's deals will improve us it's just that slight frustration of taking a chance on a number 9 but obviously proven goalscorers cost serious money even foreign players who might even had just a small sample size. I do believe that possession based football has created a number 9 shortage. Unless we are struggling with Yates I don't think there's too much desperation to warrant signing a free agent like Gayle again.

It now on Warne to manage/coach these new players and for us to cheer them on starting from today.

On 31/08/2024 at 09:58, Eoghan1884 said:

GK - JWZ  8 going to be a huge crowd favourite

GK - Luthra 5 not seen enough of him

CB - Phillips 8 stunning signing

DM - Ozoh 8.5 this guys going to be a star

DM - Ebou 8 love him , bleeds black and white

CM - Kenzo 8 talented footballer

CM - Osborn 7.5 hope he gets over his injuries , leadership vital

AM - Chirewa 6 looks lightweight for this league

LW - Harness 8 great signing

ST - Yates 8 works so hard , just needs a goal, it will come

RW - Jackson 8.5 super start to his Rams career

Overall Rating - 8 well don Warney and co