Paris Olympics

1of4

35 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Wasn't he in Game of Thrones. ? Fighting a bloke who can hunt down White Walkers in - 50 temperatures.  What chance have you got.

Lol, you're right. It should have said Kerry Harrington but somehow Kit appeared.

But the Olympic boxing judging? More Game of Soldiers than Game of Thrones!

1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

Stupidest event at the Olympics? I nominate the walking race. Just don't see the point.

I would rather watch a sack race than this.

It is right up there. It not "walking" by anyone average person's metric, either. I think dressage takes the biscuit though. Horses prancing around to pop music and scored by a judge? Nah.

13 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Stupidest event at the Olympics? I nominate the walking race. Just don't see the point.

I would rather watch a sack race than this.

Agree, but dressage has got to be up there as well

19 minutes ago, Srg said:

I think dressage takes the biscuit though. Horses prancing around to pop music and scored by a judge? Nah.

London 2012 was the first time I came across dressage. Randomly turned on the TV and there were horses busting moves to music.....genuinely thought I was in the middle of a mental breakdown 🤯

Carnage in the Men's 5000m heats. 

First George Mills gets taken out as part of a 4-man tussle/tumble, then the next heat a random cameraman decides to take a walk through the runners literally mid-race....! 😄

10 hours ago, 1of4 said:

The reason why no sport that determines who wins from a score given by a judge, should ever be in the Olympics 

Having watched the skateboarding yesterday, I'm inclined to agree. The three medal places were seperated by less than 1% difference and I couldn't work out how anyone could choose between them.

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Having watched the skateboarding yesterday...

Wait... WHAT?

Run that by me again... You watched What?  At the Olympics?  Has the world gone stark raving mad?  (Don't answer that!) 

Dear oh dear!  🙄

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Wait... WHAT?

Run that by me again... You watched What?  At the Olympics?  Has the world gone stark raving mad?  (Don't answer that!) 

Dear oh dear!  🙄

Wait until you hear that Breakdancing is in.

Yeah, no cricket, but breakdancing, no problem....🙄

Update on the 5000m tumble that took out GB's George Mills - all runners taken out have been advanced to the final.

15 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Update on the 5000m tumble that took out GB's George Mills - all runners taken out have been advanced to the final.

Quite how the French athlete avoided a DQ I have no idea. Three shoves handed out over the last 300M, the last of which took out four runners. Small wonder the English lad gave him a few choice words after the line.

EDIT: More I watch it, the worse it looks 🤬

Edited by Comrade 86

19 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Quite how the French athlete avoided a DQ I have no idea. Three shoves handed out over the last 300M, the last of which took out four runners. Small wonder the English lad gave him a few choice words after the line.

EDIT: More I watch it, the worse it looks 🤬

All the BBC commentators could say was “it’s his own fault” surely Cram could see the French guy barged into him after Mills had gone slightly in front