Stefan Teitur Thordarsson - signed for Preston

I know little about but his stats look good on paper. He's big a physical which will also further help us at set pieces. Be interesting to see if we get him, Ebou and maybe the Dutch center mid which two/three will start.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Going to QPR it seems 

386EB88E-5664-4203-A638-4617D1674BFB.png

Ah balls, after I said earlier it’ll only fall through if we’re “outbid”… 😞 

The translation of the above tweet is;

“Derby County have struggled to sign Stefan Teitur Thordarson, but it is Queens Park Rangers who will get him. Silkeborg has accepted an offer from Marti Cifuentes' club, and the player will travel to England on Sunday and make the final arrangements.”

Well that was exciting for an hour or two. 

EDIT - translated the new article via that tweet and according to Google it says;

Stefan Teitur Thordarson is a sought-after gentleman, and on Saturday evening Tipsbladet could tell about negotiations with Derby about a transfer, but it is not the only club from the Championship that is and has been after him. The tip sheet can reveal that the Icelandic national team player is very close to switching to the competitor from the same league, Queens Park Rangers, who have had their bid accepted. According to Tipsbladet's information, the midfielder is scheduled to go to England already on Sunday, after which he will have to undergo a medical check-up and sign his contract before the transfer can become a reality. The club from Søhøjlandet announced on Saturday evening that they are negotiating a sale of the goalscoring Icelander, and that they expect it to end up falling into place. And so until the end there has been a close battle from Championship clubs to land the midfielder, and it will in all probability be Queens Park Rangers who run with him. The club is also coached by a Superliga celebrity, the former AaB coach Marti Cifuentes. Stefan Teitur Thordason has just half a year left on his contract with Silkeborg, which is why it is the last chance in this transfer window for them to score money on him. It seems to be successful if all goes well with the trip to England.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Concerning to be missing out to clubs such as QPR. These are our rivals for survival, doesn’t exactly bode well.

Never fear, we have a competitive budget.

Well we will have if we flog Cashin and get 3 million off Villa.  Till then it's close but no cigar if there is real competition from another club. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Never fear, we have a competitive budget.

Well we will have if we flog Cashin and get 3 million off Villa.  Till then it's close but no cigar if there is real competition from another club. 

Seems that way at the moment. If we can’t even compete with QPR over an £800k signing after getting £3m as an unexpected budget boost, then we’re not going anywhere but league one.

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Concerning to be missing out to clubs such as QPR. These are our rivals for survival, doesn’t exactly bode well.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned looking at our business so far.