Transfer rumours

9 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

I saw a young man, about 20 years of age, wearing a full Reading FC tracksuit in Asda Spondon. I thought "ooh, wonder who this is, some young Reading players coming to sign for Derby"

Then thought about it longer, and asked myself, if a player is coming to sign for Derby, why would they a) wear their current training gear and b) be doing a full shop with a trolly in Spondon?

Indeed, unless it's a clever ploy and they are signing for Derby but are not a reading player, the full trolley shop because they might have to wait 48 hours before it's official m

3 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I heard an absolutely awful one today from some idiot. Saying we’ve signed Jamaal Lowe on a Free and Ben Godfrey on Loan.

Neither of those would be awful would they?

1 minute ago, Mihangel said:

Lowe is believable, if a little older than desired.

Godfrey has played semi-regular in the Premier League for a few years and is prime age. I'd be hard pressed believing that.

8 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

I agree. I'm not sure which one is awful?

One is versatile foward who can play centrally or outwide in the peak of his career and the other is a centre back with Premiership experience.

Ben Godfrey started all but three/four of Everton's league games in the second-half of the season. I don't see Everton allowing a player who is around their first-team to leave on loan - especially this early into the transfer window. He's also 26/27 this season so not exactly at an age where he needs a Championship loan for development. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Ben Godfrey started all but three/four of Everton's league games in the second-half of the season. I don't see Everton allowing a player who is around their first-team to leave on loan - especially this early into the transfer window. He's also 26/27 this season so not exactly at an age where he needs a Championship loan for development. 

He's also on around £75,000 a week according to capology

1 hour ago, Sweetness34 said:

I saw a young man, about 20 years of age, wearing a full Reading FC tracksuit in Asda Spondon. I thought "ooh, wonder who this is, some young Reading players coming to sign for Derby"

Then thought about it longer, and asked myself, if a player is coming to sign for Derby, why would they a) wear their current training gear and b) be doing a full shop with a trolly in Spondon?

Probably has to present a weekly shop to Warne to check he is a good human. No UPF and plenty of pulses.

1 hour ago, Sweetness34 said:

Assuming that would’ve been Harvey Knibbs who is originally from Derby? 

Don't they normally start letting info go about signings around 6pm on a Monday or Tuesday? 🤔

On 23/06/2024 at 02:45, Terry Hennessy said:

...apparently Percy [Daily Telegraph] has posted there will be some news tomorrow. Percy I know has a source in DCFC and is hence often right....but generally I'd say announcements aren't made on a Sunday....

Any idea of what it was ?