Transfer rumours

3 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Duh! Which word, which nuance, signalled that that "never heard of him" was intended to be amusing? FFS, there's not even an emoji there to carry that meaning.

Face to face, body language, facial expression and tone of voice would make it obvious. There is absolutely nowt in the "never heard of him" post to suggest amusement.

Calm down mate. No need for the expletives is there really? Others got the joke, you didn't. No biggy.  I doubt folk are going to give visual pointers every time they crack a funny as it kinda spoils the joke. And it's not really a hill worth dying on, is it?

4 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Calm down mate. No need for the expletives is there really? Others got the joke, you didn't. No biggy.  I doubt folk are going to give visual pointers every time they crack a funny as it kinda spoils the joke. And it's not really a hill worth dying on, is it?

I got it, it wasn’t particularly funny, but I knew it was a joke 

17 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Touchy? You'll hear the F word on every Junior School playground. Even those here in the Netherlands. The word has morphed into general use and no longer has the "shock" effect it had 50 years ago. It might have been better to use "Jeez" or "Dude". Would that receive one's approval?

I look forward to your reply on which word(s) or nuance(s) were relevant to making it amusing. To me, Dan Ram's post of "Never heard of him. He any good?" contains zero to indicate humour. Maybe you know the guy and understand that he was making an attempt at being amusing. I don't know him and can only go on the content of his post, which raises the point of why you appear to be getting your knickers in a twist over my question to Dan...

10 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Touchy? You'll hear the F word on every Junior School playground. Even those here in the Netherlands. The word has morphed into general use and no longer has the "shock" effect it had 50 years ago. It might have been better to use "Jeez" or "Dude". Would that receive one's approval?

I look forward to your reply on which word(s) or nuance(s) were relevant to making it amusing. To me, Dan Ram's post of "Never heard of him. He any good?" contains zero to indicate humour. Maybe you know the guy and understand that he was making an attempt at being amusing. I don't know him and can only go on the content of his post, which raises the point of why you appear to be getting your knickers in a twist over my question to Dan...

Have a lovely day old chap 😂

Edited by Comrade 86

Twisting knickers is a palindrome of Josh Vickers . 

Doing jiggy jiggy with jodie comer in a bathful of swarfega is not a palindrome but i do like to think about it.  

Alot .

Heres to tomorrow when the overly tetchy and excitable can get their teeth stuck into some real (or maybe fake ) transfer news .  

Ladies , gentlemen and other catagories , tomorrow the window is open !!! 

Hurrah 

Edited by bucktwo

20 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

I always do but thanks for the thought. I presume this reply means you won't be answering my question 🙂

Does the smile mean you're happy or are you being sarcastic? I'm struggling to get the context from your post and I can only take it on face value...

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

Flag anyone ?

48 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

To be fair mate, as he only played for us a couple of seasons ago I got the joke straight away.