Transfer rumours

29 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Bobby Clark Stefan Thordarson and Ebou Adams with Kane Wilson and Ben Osborn either side of them would be a great 5 man midfield. If you include the wing backs as midfielders.

Isn’t bobby clark a winger or am i mistaken?

42 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

I'm sure that Nixon will claim to have 'broken' all of our signings as they happen.

He's an attention seeker who knows very little, says quite a lot and always claims credit whatever the outcome.

I bet he was a middle child

He’s consistently vague.

Vaulks, who won Wednesday's POTY award last season, has joined Oxford on a free transfer. He was credited with them keeping their Championship status against all odds. A good player, coming off arguably the best year of his career. Not sure who else was at the table for him, but wouldn't have been disappointed to see him sign for us - especially as we require a ton of central midfielders. 

It leaves question marks over Wednesday too, obviously they may have set their stall higher but until those signings come to fruition then they've let their best performer from last season walk out the door - and Di'Shon Bernard who was one of the others could closely follow. 

It might give Oxford a bit of hope to keeping hold of Murphy too. 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That's a shame. Seems a decent character as well.   The two year deal we put on the table wasn't enough then.  Losing out to players again to Oxford is a worry as we've shifted some considerable wage and he's a player Warne knows.

Did we definitely table a bid?

Seems a shame if we tabled a bid and he turned us down, seeing as he would know Paul Warne well and know what he is about.

Also a shame to lose a player to Oxford given that Mark Thomas has come here.

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Did we definitely table a bid?

Seems a shame if we tabled a bid and he turned us down, seeing as he would know Paul Warne well and know what he is about.

Also a shame to lose a player to Oxford given that Mark Thomas has come here.

Yes.  That was over two weeks ago though.  Could be a changed target but if not, it's a concern.

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He’s consistently vague.

He gets fed vague rubbish by agents so they can create a bit of a buzz around the league two journeyman they have on their books.  Then such and such from Crawley Town is "about to enter talks" with Derby. 

He is a useful idiot who believes he has his ear to the ground.  

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Max Lowe signing for Sheffield Wednesday. 

That’s Derby, Forest, Sheff Utd and now Wednesday. Allergic to moving house, or more likely, physiotherapist. 

Interesting. Solid signing for them, if he can stay fit. 

Starting to see a couple of players secure moves who wouldnt have suprised me if they'd have rocked up here, and I'm sure over the next couple more will move too.

Dont know if to be excited (we are pursuing higher up) or very nervous (we cant compete with Wendies/Oxford).

14 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Starting to see a couple of players secure moves who wouldnt have suprised me if they'd have rocked up here, and I'm sure over the next couple more will move too.

Dont know if to be excited (we are pursuing higher up) or very nervous (we cant compete with Wendies/Oxford).

Also Langstaff at Notts looks likely to stay, after accepting the captaincy there for next season. I would have thought that it would have been odds on that he would have been playing in a higher league next season.

32 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Also Langstaff at Notts looks likely to stay, after accepting the captaincy there for next season. I would have thought that it would have been odds on that he would have been playing in a higher league next season.

He’s been suggested for a few years for championship level but let’s face it, it hasn’t happened for a reason. He’s getting on now in age for not having stepped up and he plays a style, akin to Jack Marriott, which most teams simply don’t use anymore. He needed to move 2 seasons ago really if he was going to. 

9 hours ago, Chopper said:

No poss not financially but hopefully for those that come last years togetherness and that last day will play a part in wanting to be part of it

11 hours ago, Srg said:

Max Lowe signing for Sheffield Wednesday. 

That’s Derby, Forest, Sheff Utd and now Wednesday. Allergic to moving house, or more likely, physiotherapist. 

Decent signing for them - he has a decent playing record despite the myths about him being unfit