Premier League | 2024/25

Day

26 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Well the Man City versus Arsenal game is dull - 1-1 after 20 minutes, thundering challenges, possible red cards, brilliant play....not what I was expecting at all....

2-1 to Arsenal at half time - but Trossard sent off in injury time - game on in the second half

Love him or hate him,  I’ve surprised myself how much I enjoy Gary Neville’s commentary…….

Todays classic…….

’Arsenal are playing a type of football that ends in ‘housery’ 

Surprised how uninventive City were but thankfully they got the equaliser. More useful denying Arsenal two points. 🌑 

It was a weird game - for twenty minutes Citeh were so good and yet once Rodders hobbled off, they really struggled. The second half was a 6-3-0 formation from Arse and the worst of the Pep tippy-tappy cobblers that we all hate to see....

On 22/09/2024 at 21:07, SKRam said:

Love him or hate him,  I’ve surprised myself how much I enjoy Gary Neville’s commentary…….

Todays classic…….

Surprised how uninventive City were but thankfully they got the equaliser. More useful denying Arsenal two points. 🌑 

Green?

On 22/09/2024 at 21:07, SKRam said:

Todays classic…….

Perhaps he meant hosiery, they should pull their socks up 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/10/2024 at 02:50, littleover ram said:

Bunch of sides already past the 11 point mark….. think Southampton look the most likely this year to potentially break the record 

If they keep Martin, they could get close. They are incredibly naive.

The level of the PL means if you try and play good football but don’t have the players for it, you just get picked off by the better teams.

To succeed with a smaller PL club, it seems the best-coached teams off the ball are outperforming those who focus on having the ball.

Steve Cooper, Nuno, Thomas Frank, Sean Dyche… Their teams play largely bland football but they get points because they aren’t naive and disorganized. 

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

If they keep Martin, they could get close. They are incredibly naive.

The level of the PL means if you try and play good football but don’t have the players for it, you just get picked off by the better teams.

To succeed with a smaller PL club, it seems the best-coached teams off the ball are outperforming those who focus on having the ball.

Steve Cooper, Nuno, Thomas Frank, Sean Dyche… Their teams play largely bland football but they get points because they aren’t naive and disorganized. 

Could be that Martin is going down the Kompany route of sticking with a style of play because he thinks it will get him a bigger job.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Could be that Martin is going down the Kompany route of sticking with a style of play because he thinks it will get him a bigger job.

Unfortunately Martin hasn't got links with City, PSG, Bayern and the like...  so I'm guessing he will end up at Norwich!

Edited by Chester40

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Isn't the suggestion that the style of play is being dictated from above the manager?

35 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Martin has always played an extremely possession-heavy style, and he said in pre-season that he has no intention of changing his approach this season.

"According to the latest reports Sport Republic owner Dragan Solak is less than impressed with Saints manager Russell Martin, however Rasmus Ankersen still backs him leading to a split in the boardroom.

mirrorsport.co.uk are reporting that the Southampton boardroom is currently split about the future of Russell Martin, Main shareholder Dragan Solak is said to feel that a change is needed, whilst Rasmus Ankersen as Sporting Director of Sport Republic still backs Martin to pull Saints out of the mire."

Toss a coin as to which way it goes.