UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

Portugal were crap in 2016, drew all their group games, finished 3rd and were then rewarded with a route to the final consisting of Poland, Croatia and Wales.

The 24-team format is a mess in general. You end up with dead-rubber 3rd games and second chances after failure (teams finishing 3rd).

The Euros were far better in the 16-game format, but money dictates I guess.

I'm sure Portugal will make the final with their typically boring 1 GD wins. 

Danny Murphy describing Czech Republics goal as a magical moment for fans and players to score a goal in the group stage against Portugal. "Magical". 

Must be about 20 years now that we've been having a hand shandy whenever Ronaldo steps up for a free kick. 

Never seen owt like it.

Mrs does weird nonsensical bets, picks random stuff.

Ronaldo to have at least a shot, but also Ronaldo to have 2+ shots on target. Why?

She also picked that kid who came on at the end to get booked, bare in mind he’s only ever played twice for Portugal and a winger.

He only goes and scores then takes his top off to get booked.

£11.16 from a 31p bet.

IMG_4690.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Day said:

Never seen owt like it.

Mrs does weird nonsensical bets, picks random stuff.

Ronaldo to have at least a shot, but also Ronaldo to have 2+ shots on target. Why?

She also picked that kid who came on at the end to get booked, bare in mind he’s only ever played twice for Portugal and a winger.

He only goes and scores then takes his top off to get booked.

£11.16 from a 31p bet.

IMG_4690.jpeg

Don't spend it all at once.

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Is it just me, or do Portugal (well Ronaldo) boil anyone else's pi55?

I'm sure he has a portrait of himself in the attic that becomes more evil looking with every dive and whinge.  He must be 108 by now.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Won in the 70's as Czechoslovakia I think ?

I meant they were talking like the goal was the countries greatest moment. "Magical for players and fans". 

I think they will fancy their chances of getting out the group. I doubt scoring past Portugal will be a memorable achievement 

9 minutes ago, Will the Ram said:

What about him wanting Kirschner to take us over (then leaving when it didn’t happen)?

I'm quite inclined to believe the conmen were capable of bamboozling Mr potato head.

Always puzzled me how he missed his tackle in 2006, I mean, if you're going to get sent off for it at least hit the target.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste