Reuben’s Road to Recovery

Hello DCFC family,

We are season ticket holders in the West Stand and last Wednesday 1st May 2024 only a few days after we were celebrating on the pitch at Pride Park my two year old son Reuben suffered a stroke. Reuben has been left with no movement in his right hand side and is unable to talk properly at the moment although he is showing signs of improvement. Being part of the Rams family I have attached our go fund me page at the bottom. We are hoping to get Reuben in some sort of condition to get to Pride Park for the opening day of the season. It’s going to be a tough road for him and for us all but we have always taught our kids that Derby never give up. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/reubens-road-to-recovery-after-suffering-a-stroke

IMG_2207.png

ah man poor kid , nice to see his love of derby is keeping him in good spirits , hopefully the excitement of new players coming in and a new season will keep his mind off the situation. Hope youre doing ok it must of scared you 

13 hours ago, WorcestershireRam said:

Hello DCFC family,

We are season ticket holders in the West Stand and last Wednesday 1st May 2024 only a few days after we were celebrating on the pitch at Pride Park my two year old son Reuben suffered a stroke. Reuben has been left with no movement in his right hand side and is unable to talk properly at the moment although he is showing signs of improvement. Being part of the Rams family I have attached our go fund me page at the bottom. We are hoping to get Reuben in some sort of condition to get to Pride Park for the opening day of the season. It’s going to be a tough road for him and for us all but we have always taught our kids that Derby never give up. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/reubens-road-to-recovery-after-suffering-a-stroke

IMG_2207.png

Donated, sending my best wishes to you and my hopes for a speedy recovery for Reuben

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Kinder said:

So sorry to hear this mate. I’ve donated and hope Reuben makes a full and speedy recovery.

Me too on both counts. Hope to see Reuben celebrating promotion again at the end of next season 👌🤞

Edited by BaianoPOTY98

Thanks everyone. If it raises some awareness about pediatric strokes as well then that’s the plan. 400 children a year suffer from strokes in the UK. Believe it or not they think chicken pox last year is what cause it. 

He is now into his rehabilitation and hopefully we can get him to the first home game of the season. 

IMG_2220.jpeg