Pre season

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

I don’t think he left Charlton to play wing-back. 

Not sure why Warne is trying him there but he seems to be a lot of grief today when he’s probably not been in the top 5 worst performers. 

It is quite concerning just how poor the final ball and the defending is at the moment. 

I actually think he’s been good on the ball just can’t defend and it doesn’t suit how he plays at all.

40 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Don’t seem to have any other tactic than trying to get it wide. No triangles or one twos. Shrewsbury much easier on the eye

You did watch us last season didn’t you ? 

30 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Really? I hoped with a few better players we might have some new tactics this season.

Erm what better players do we have? Seriously the Crystal Palace lad may be decent but we lost a lot of experience in Bird Hourahan Sibley and Waghorn plus Gayle and Wildsmith - I don’t really see any better players yet or better way of playing but maybe we will.

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I don’t think he left Charlton to play wing-back. 

Not sure why Warne is trying him there but he seems to be a lot of grief today when he’s probably not been in the top 5 worst performers. 

It is quite concerning just how poor the final ball and the defending is at the moment. 

It’s the obsession with playing 5 at the back and trying to fit decent wide players into positions they never want to play in and it’s obvious to see. I believe 442 is is the safest formation for the players we have with 433 as an obvious alternative 

1 minute ago, RamsFan10 said:

Blimey it’s a preseason friendly… Warne and Barker have even said they’re not looking at tactical stuff until the next game. Calm down. 

You should be planning your tactical stuff at the start of pre season as well as fitness you don’t start to practice tactical stuff less than 2 weeks before a season starts