Pre season

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Do we know who scored?

Not yet. My source is out there with the club but didn't watch the game and forgot to ask who scored. I've told him to find out 😉

23 minutes ago, Spender said:

We led 1-0 at ht but conceded three in the second half. Vickers and an unnamed trialist shared the goalkeeping.

I did notice there was a third goalie in the videos and pictures yesterday that wasn’t shown properly on any of the clips. As Jack Thompson was in a short sleeved top, Vickers in a long sleeved yellow top and a Yh it’s goalie wearing a black underlayer. 

The interview with Warne, Barker and Hamshaw at the beginning is a brilliant insight into why Warne is where he is today. He may not be a ‘progressive’ tactician, but he’s so good at the off-the-pitch stuff.

You feel he’d be just as good at managing a business as he is at managing a football team.

Nice work @Owen87ITK

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

https://www.ojogo.pt/6641674458/academico-de-viseu-encerra-estagio-com-triunfo-sobre-o-derby-county/

Doesn’t give a lot of insight but confirms the score:

This Tuesday, Académico de Viseu beat English side Derby County, 3-1, in the second and final preparation game for the II Football League, held in Alicante, Spain.

Against a team from the Championship, the second tier of English football, the viseenses' winning goals were scored by Austrian striker Daniel Nussbaumer, returning to the pitch after more than 500 days away due to an ankle injury, and by young Simão Silva. Last Thursday, in the first match of the pre-season, against fellow Englishmen Oxford United, also from the Championship, the Beirões had won the match 1-0, with a goal from André Clóvis.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The interview with Warne, Barker and Hamshaw at the beginning is a brilliant insight into why Warne is where he is today. He may not be a ‘progressive’ tactician, but he’s so good at the off-the-pitch stuff.

You feel he’d be just as good at managing a business as he is at managing a football team.

Nice work @Owen87ITK

I’ve been critical at times, but I do find myself in awe everytime Warne speaks - he’s so open and honest, I love his outlook on life and can see why he conducts himself the way he does. I actually have always thought his principles in football are solid and he’s a great tactician - he’s just not a manager that makes players better technically. I hope it all works out this season for him, on a personal level I do really love him as a manager of my team - more so than a Rooney/Lampard (again, who weren’t without merit). 

1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

It's not Hladky. He's going to Burnley I think.

Pretty sure it's Jordi Ammisah. Released by Sheff United

You could well be right. Looks similar. He had a couple of games on loan at Burton in 2023. His debut was a 4-0 defeat by Shrewsbury. Could be looking at him on a one season contract as a cheap No. 3. He conceded all three today so maybe he's on a flight back home. If it's him SU released him for a reason at 22:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Amissah

1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

It's not Hladky. He's going to Burnley I think.

Pretty sure it's Jordi Ammisah. Released by Sheff United

24 minutes ago, Spender said:

You could well be right. Looks similar. He had a couple of games on loan at Burton in 2023. His debut was a 4-0 defeat by Shrewsbury. Could be looking at him on a one season contract as a cheap No. 3. He conceded all three today so maybe he's on a flight back home. If it's him SU released him for a reason at 22:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Amissah

Interesting. I heard third hand information of a different recently released Sheffield United keeper joining and took it with a pinch of salt as they’re a youngster and we’ve already got two talented yoofs on the books. Maybe the person who said it had wires crossed and it was this guy not the name they mentioned 🤔