Pre season

On 07/07/2024 at 11:02, rammieib said:

You’d have to question why anyone would want to come to the UK from a European Country for pre-season training.

The trip will be good for team bonding. If they're based at St George's, they have access to state of the art training facilities. The availability of clubs from lower league to the Prem to have friendlies with. 

May be a good answer to the question why European clubs come to our shores for their pre-season training.

As the first pre-season game approaches, we're still to sign a goalkeeper. It will be interesting to see who we'll have between the sticks at Matlock.

23 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

As the first pre-season game approaches, we're still to sign a goalkeeper. It will be interesting to see who we'll have between the sticks at Matlock.

Last season Wildsmith, Vickers and Loach had half an hour each.

31 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

I’d be tempted to go with the keeper we’ve got on the first team books, no?

7 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Last season Wildsmith, Vickers and Loach had half an hour each.

So thats a full 90 minutes for Vickers, or we see some of the younger keepers getting some minutes.

There wouldn't be a surprise for the fans turning up on Friday with a new keeper running out at the start of the game, would there?

3 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

So thats a full 90 minutes for Vickers, or we see some of the younger keepers getting some minutes.

There wouldn't be a surprise for the fans turning up on Friday with a new keeper running out at the start of the game, would there?

No, because just like new signings being resplendent in the hitherto unreleased new kit, it practically never actually happens, despite the fantasy that exists in fans' heads.

8 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

I think it’s too late for a new keeper to be involved.

I would think they will start with Vickers and then bring on Jack Thomson.

19 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Seems to be a long time coming, just checked back on my phone and the ticket was purchased nearly two months ago.

That’s a point, no idea where mine is 🤣

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

That’s a point, no idea where mine is 🤣

I looked back to 24th June 

‘tickets@chesterfield’ email confirmation scroll down it contains e tickets in the email they want us to present the phone to be scanned or print at home 👍

23 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Josh Vickers and Jack Thompson are both in the squad for tomorrow. Evans is injured. Not sure if Price or Shattell will travel too.