Pre season

I think if Warne takes care of Fornah - even if that means a loan move until January or end of season (top end league 1) - then we have a real talented option who just needs a bit of confidence. 

Don’t write him off from having a future with us. His first two passes were drilled hard, low and most importantly forwards with great accuracy. 

He got bombed out it felt after his 1 mistake v Cheltenham and never got another look in. 

Really enjoyed that midfield three. We're falling in love with another loan player aren't we?

For me, given how we know Warne likes horses for courses, it looks like it'll be Ozoh, Kenzo + 1 other. Adams if he's worried about being overpowered, Osborn if we can afford to be more attacking.

Definitely need that striker though. Jackson didn't have a bad game, but he's not the answer.

5 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

That's because Fozzy is a really good player. International class in his prime. He's really, really quick and still is. He is terrific one on one with a winger and is good in the air. With his experience now he can play at the back in the middle and when fully fit is our best defender. Better than Cashin, better than Nelson

Good player but he is not quick (let alone very quick) if you mean acceleration or sprinting over longer distances. 

1 hour ago, Andrew3000 said:

Good player but he is not quick (let alone very quick) if you mean acceleration or sprinting over longer distances. 

I mean sprinting over longer distances. I doubt there would be many, if any players at the club that would beat him over 100m even at the age he is now 

5 hours ago, TINMANTED said:

Much better performance, the players played like they had actually met before,not a bunch of strangers. Fornah was the highlight for me,I think he is a confidence player whose confidence is easily knocked by his first mistake, if Warne can build him up there is a good player in there

I tend to agree about Fornah despite the fact he's been constantly slagged off on this website.

He's a definite confidence player. I seem to recall he made bad mistakes in 3 consecutive games last year and wasn't the same guy after that. I do think that he will come good though 👍 

Well I really enjoyed the game with Real yesterday!

a good match-up for us newbies and a technically very gifted opposition that wanted to play through us. A good test like we will get against a handful or six Championship sides that fancy their chances this season.

we had to be resilient in defence as a team, we were!

we had to be competitive and busy as a midfield, I thought we handled that brilliantly and with 🎶Kenzo, Osborn and Ozoh 🎶 we were excellent in transition to attack. Fornah maintained that trend too when he came on!

NML was much better after the break after he switched to the right with Wilson and they made the two goals from that side!

cash looked a wee bit off again but Bradley did a fine job when he replaced him!

the goalie was composed, handled well and took a few good crosses competently later on!

The pressing from DJ was good but we saw little else to suggest he’s ready. The pace and trickery of Jackson and Yates will get us goals and I liked the way we do try to get them released early through the channels, we’ll score plenty from quick breaks methinks.

I think we will be a competent Championship side and with three or four additions that as PW says must improve us, well we could be right up there come April! 

I wore my new home shirt- like it a lot. Love the second strip in the flesh though £? 🤔 

fast tracked premier ref- you’ve got to be joking?! 

6 hours ago, Crewton said:

There was a few clean tackles that were wrongly penalised imo, particularly the one against Ozoh by the home dugout where the oppo's player simply tripped over the ball. Also, every Derby player receiving the ball with his back to goal was treated to a two-handed shove in the back, few of which were punished.

As @jono said, he didn't make any bad decisions which affected the result, but I think the PL are welcome to him.

Only for one more season 

11 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

That's because Fozzy is a really good player. International class in his prime. He's really, really quick and still is. He is terrific one on one with a winger and is good in the air. With his experience now he can play at the back in the middle and when fully fit is our best defender. Better than Cashin, better than Nelson

Cash is the best 1 v 1 tackler we’ve got. He’s also good at bringing the ball out and finding a simple positive pass. He’s missing some pace, wins headers despite being a bit of a short arse. His headers though aren’t really that directional.

Thing about Fozzy is his positional sense and his heading ability. He doesn’t win any more headers than anyone else, but HIS headers invariably go somewhere good, he can direct them where others just get first contact. I think it’s a whole SWAT thing with defenders. Bradley lacks pace and lacks confidence on the ball. He doesn’t react fast enough but is huge in either box defending or attacking. Nelson is so much more of an all rounder as is Nyambe. I absolutely get that Warne wants a CB with pace, it’s the missing bit in our jigsaw at the back. 

On 03/08/2024 at 12:31, ollycutts1982 said:

Very very poor for the only hope friendly of pre season. I get it’s holiday season but still terrible numbers. 

If only I had known it was the only hope friendly, I might have attended 

Bit like those religious sing song meetings they do in America - we believe ! It’s happening ! Show your faith ! 

1 hour ago, TerryH said:

If only I had known it was the only hope friendly, I might have attended 

Bit like those religious sing song meetings they do in America - we believe ! It’s happening ! Show your faith ! 

Call 0800 God. We accept Visa Mastercard and Amex. The reverend will confess his sins, be they fingers in the till or a dalliance with a youthful news reporter. Meanwhile we need an extra goalie, a 20 goal striker and a CB with pace. We shall be saved 

32 minutes ago, Paultheram said:

Anyone seen the shirt numbers released yet?

Probably tomorrow but I don't think there will be much change as the players have been playing with the same numbers throughout preseason as last season.

New players numbers are:

Ozoh 4 

Osborn 8 

Yates 10

Kenzo 17

Jackson 19

Ebou 32 

Luthra 13

Edited by eddielewis