Wycombe bought by Kazak billionaire

Posted (edited)
On 06/05/2024 at 17:47, Carl Sagan said:

...............  you might well prefer picking somewhere in the affluent Thames Valley west of London, rather than go south of the river to places like Charlton/Palace/Millwall. 

You've obviously never taken the walk to their ground from the town centre?

shiithole doesn't even come close.

Edited by Grumpy Git

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

You've obviously never taken the walk to their ground from the town centre?

shiithole doesn't even come close.

He probably meant effluent. Thames water does have a issues, numbering at least 2 

31 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Prediction:

Turns dodgy , administration lots of crying Wycombe fans.

All That Magic GIF by Nickelodeon

Probably true but also rather sad - we can't turn on Birmingham fans for revelling in the prospect of our own demise and then look on in joy as it happens to other clubs. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Stop nagging

So summer of 2012 the Heathrow customs officers got cards printed in Kazakh which they gave to all the weightlifters flying in from Almaty. They read : ‘you cannot leave the airport until you have emptied your suit cases and given us all the horse meat’.  The Iranians won most of the Olympic medals and the skies of west London were  heavy with the smoke from barbecues 

[made up the bit about barbecues ]

Edited by kevinhectoring

7 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Probably true but also rather sad - we can't turn on Birmingham fans for revelling in the prospect of our own demise and then look on in joy as it happens to other clubs. 

Tbh , it shows how ridiculous the EFL set up is. The fact we are just ordinary fans and are already suspicious of this guy should raise alarm bells. But I wouldn’t put it past the EFL to be shown a balance sheet which says assets of £2 billion but in reality all that money isn’t actual cash and is loans but still gets approved. 

19 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

We wouldn't if they weren't such w****** who would gladly have seen our club fold for a pay out they were never due and in reality probably never got.   Birmingham get the most but there are still a few more on the shitlist I'm hoping get a different kind of payout.  Way it goes round. Birmingham the "it's only bantz" club are currently having Coventry on top of their shitlist for delighting in their relegation when they let them groundshare to avoid disappearing.  

16 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I think I'm comfortable enough wishing some pain on them without wishing them to cease to exist. Their ambulance chasing chairman was the main issue but plenty of their fans thought it was totally reasonable behaviour as we teetered on the brink of oblivion.

Fans of clubs that get themselves in trouble through no fault of said fans, will always have my sympathy. The handful that absolutely revelled in (or actively contributed to) our impending doom though, will have nothing but my utter contempt, but then again, some of them had that already anyway.