South Stand...surely its time for proper stand names!

If there is a car park that only gets used on matchdays, and remains empty for the rest of the time, it could be named the John Newman Care Park, because he emptied the life out of anyone who got too close. And if John objects, then it could be called the Tommy Docherty Car Park, because he emptied the club of talent during his short stay in Derby.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Sez a poster called "Trappatoni" 🤔😉

Oi I've been using it on dcfc forums since he was a current manager !

I just think the club should look forwards.   You'd have to be retired to really remember the Clough era properly.   If old blokes in the pub want to reminisce fine but it just seems a negative way to brand the club. 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Proper names become proper names only by the passage of time ,,, for instance as someone who has always sat in the east stand since pp was built it will always be the east stand to me , 

That's a good point. 👍

How many of us remarked we were off to The iPro a few years back?  

Not many, I suspect.  (I'm pretty sure I never did!)

2 hours ago, sheeponacid said:

South stand - Tupping End 

Area we’re young uns are - The Lambing Shed

East Stand - Ewe Rams stand

North Stand - The Wool Pack 

West stand - Theaves stand 

All alcohol outlets to end in Baa, not bar.

Away end - Cull Sheep End - or the Get Flocked End 

I was just about to pull you up on your atrocious spelling... and to also question your opinion of West Standers, of course... but luckily, I was clever enough to google it first, thus saving me from making myself look rather silly, and most educated!

So thanks for that, at least!  Phew!  🤓  

27 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I was just about to pull you up on your atrocious spelling... and to also question your opinion of West Standers, of course... but luckily, I was clever enough to google it first, thus saving me from making myself look rather silly, and most educated!

So thanks for that, at least!  Phew!  🤓  

Remember,,,,, be more B4

1 hour ago, trappatoni said:

Oi I've been using it on dcfc forums since he was a current manager !

I just think the club should look forwards.   You'd have to be retired to really remember the Clough era properly.   If old blokes in the pub want to reminisce fine but it just seems a negative way to brand the club. 

I don't really agree with you. It's like saying "I never met my Grandad, the VC winner, so I've thrown his medals in the bin". Honour your past, live in the present, plan for your future.

You'll have noticed the 'wink' BTW