Retained List

1 hour ago, SECornerRAM said:

Few highlights confirmed last night (Some may be already known) 
Wildsmith going - Not offered (New Number one inbound) 
Collins Going 
Gayle Going 
Waggy going
Hourihane has a year if he wants it but Derby keen to cut ties 

Smith Offered 
Sibley offered 
Tommo offered 
Robinson offered 

Barkhuizen expecting one year trigger to be used 

Fozzy offered (believe it was a triggered contract clause) 

Two inbound midfielder at advanced stages (not a clue who but one is definitely from abroad) 

Wildsmith not even offered a contract is surprising , but there must be a cracking goalie lined up .

21 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Wildsmith not even offered a contract is surprising , but there must be a cracking goalie lined up .

He was apparently during last season and he turned it down. I heard a rumour that is why he was dropped randomly mid season ?(This comment is not evidence based)

1 hour ago, jono said:

If Waggy Collins and Gayle all going you’d have thought there must be some serious  fire power lined up ? 

If it’s true it’s not much of a surprise, it was our weakest area along wide central midfield last season.

The only one that has the ability to step up to Champ as a regular rotation option is Gayle, but I’m not sure he’s got the legs for that level anymore.

We also have Wash contracted, so that’s another player who probably isn’t up to the level.

PW must have a couple of targets in mind if we are letting the above go. I’d speculate a permanent signing, a Prem loan and maybe a freebie depending on how we think Brown will do.

Interesting times

18 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

True, that does seem odd but maybe he has been crystal clear about his expectations wage-wise and DCFC and Wildsmith were so far apart in that regard that nobody was interested in going through a pretend negotiation. Also, we have been dubious about Wildsmith staying for a while, so we may have other targets lined up/earmarked and want to just crack on with securing that. The whole farce with Sheff Wednesday dragged on so long last window that we almost missed out entirely and maybe we don't want anyone to steal a march on us just because we're still discussing a dead deal with Wildsmith. Time to move on then it sounds like.

Good luck to him, he's been a good keeper for us but we have a structure and budget and anyone coming in or getting a new contract needs to fit in with that. We will need a new No1 keeper though. I don't believe that promoting our current backup is viable as I don't think he is of the quality required at Championship level.

13 minutes ago, goodgollymickbrolly said:

Iversen at Leicester so I’m told.  

There’s some logic to that, was Stoke’s first choice keeper on loan from Leicester second half of the season but with Stoke signing Johansson and Leicester have 2/3 other keepers ahead of him maybe he’s available on the cheap 🤔 

51 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Makes sense if a new first choice has been earmarked. Vickers is perfectly good enough back up, and he’s under contract. I would pick Wildsmith over Vickers but don’t think either are quite good enough to take us forward.