Retained List

51 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Also Warne after 10-12 new players mostly frees and loans . But has apparently put a few bids in for contracted players one I hear is the highest we’ve spent since Jozwiak so roughly around £1m 

Sounds about right to me -Total Rebuild . Warne will need to crack on , integrate new players , decide on a style of play and get them playing like a team that won’t concede many goals but must be able to unlock better defences . Getting them fit is a given .

4 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

Have they triggered his extra year then ?  If not, then he is technically out of contract end of June.

If this relates to Burrows then yes, he’s listed as “under contract” by Posh on their retained list so the idea we’ve offered him a contract seems a little unlikely….

Just now, Eoghan1884 said:

https://t.co/QT9Y8koQZQ

I found the article from a local jorno from the Yorkshire post who thinks Hourihane has been in talks with Barnsley and is going to sign as a player coach.

i think that makes a lot of sense as Hourihane has made it very obvious he wants to get into coaching ASAP in a lot of interviews he’s done.

Hopefully he’s moved on. Wish him well. 

I know clubs that operate a head coach model can make signings without anybody at the helm. But would be surprised to see him go Barnsley whilst they are without a gaffer.

2 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Hopefully he’s moved on. Wish him well. 

I know clubs that operate a head coach model can make signings without anybody at the helm. But would be surprised to see him go Barnsley whilst they are without a gaffer.

It says in the article that Daniel Stendel is getting closer to being the new manager. 

Wouldn't want Collins and Tyrese Campbell as my forwards in the championship...i think that would be a recipe for disaster!...rather keep Gayle, buy a big lad up front who scores goals at this level, and get a premier striker from one of their academies..oh and Dajeune Brown.

2 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

So folks I’ve heard from my contact the following:

gone 

Wildsmith 

Waghorn

JJ

gayle 

hourihane 

smith 

forsyth - to be offered some type of coaching 

new contract offered 

Thompson 

collins 

sibley 

barks 

Contract offered to 3-4  out of contract players including these I’ve had confirmed 

Burrows 

Herbie Kane 

Tyrese Campbell 

Right, good test of the credentials of the chap in the Media Department Simmo. Time will tell 😉

gone 

Wildsmith 

Waghorn

JJ

gayle 

hourihane 

smith 

new contract offered 

Thompson 

collins 

sibley 

barks 

Contract offered to 3-4  out of contract players including these I’ve had confirmed 

Burrows 

Herbie Kane 

Tyrese Campbell 

Would be happy with this, seemed like Wildsmith on his way for a while. 

Smith I wouldn’t have minded being back up for Adams but won’t lose any sleep over.

going to be a hugely different team come August.

gone 

Wildsmith 

Waghorn

JJ

gayle 

hourihane 

smith 

new contract offered 

Thompson 

collins 

sibley 

barks 

Burrows 

Herbie Kane 

Tyrese Campbell 

I can get behind offering all four of those new contracts. The main talking point will be Wildsmith not having a new deal but I trust PW will have his reasons. 

Johansson is the obvious choice now.

26 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure spending close to a million on a keeper would be my priority 😊

I know and that will be the frustrating thing about Wildsmith leaving, I would have been fine with him starting the season as our goalie and spending our funds elsewhere. However a decent goalie will be crucial not only for their own skills but the confidence they instill into our defence (good defenders can become quite ordinary and take unnecessry risks if they dont have faith in their goalie).

1m is quite a bit, I dont think there will be many "Barker type fees" being paid this season, but if Vickers is a definite Championship no. 2 GK the we need that new signing. I just wonder if there are better for less, perhaps Warnes trip abroad may be looking for that cheaper option.

3 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

gone 

Wildsmith 

Waghorn

JJ

gayle 

hourihane 

smith 

new contract offered 

Thompson 

collins 

sibley 

barks 

Burrows 

Herbie Kane 

Tyrese Campbell 

I wouldn't be too disappointed if true except for Wildsmith, but that may well be his decision to leave. 

11 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure spending close to a million on a keeper would be my priority 😊

Most important position on the pitch? Any mistake they make means we’ve conceded.