Match Thread: Leyton Orient (h)

3 minutes ago, admira said:

Anyone else feel like this is a weird promotion season? It’s like if we do go up, it’s because there are 22 teams worse than us, not because we are in the best two if that makes sense. 

I sit here at the game and the atmosphere just feels a little ‘off’ somehow. It doesn’t compare with our previous seasons of success for me. 

We can get a maximum of 92 points which is the magical 2 points-per-game average.... we'd be quite unlucky to finish 3rd on 92 points 

edit: Wednesday finished 3rd with 96 last season but that seems like a bit of an outlier compared to the previous seasons

Edited by littleover ram

Just now, admira said:

Anyone else feel like this is a weird promotion season? It’s like if we do go up, it’s because there are 22 teams worse than us, not because we are in the best two if that makes sense. 

I sit here at the game and the atmosphere just feels a little ‘off’ somehow. It doesn’t compare with our previous seasons of success for me. 

Because it's league one. People might claim otherwise, but there is absolutely an element of "we should at least be in the top two in L1" at play, wether subconsciously or otherwise.

Loving the calm way Cash goes about his work. Controlled aggression when needed, but otherwise cool as you like. Always seems to win the ball when he does go to ground and calmly ushers his man wide when it's not there to win. I really think Sibbo has improved for their partnership on that left flank. Sibbo has always had bags of ability in attack, but in defense, he seems to take Cash's lead and he's improving that side of his game quite markedly. Saw Cash telling a much older and more experienced Ebou to calm down too which made me smile. Deeply impressive maturity from such a young lad, who IMO should be nailed on for the captaincy next season.

Sidenote - how strong is Thommo! He's tiny, but he seems to lever much bigger players off the ball so easily. 

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Not sure why Richie Barker is kicking off about that Collins offside decision.

It was a couple of yards off

Passion, tension, both? Warne and his team really want success at Derby and IMO it's good to see how much it means to him, even if he's got it wrong, which in fairness I did too.