Gateshead FA Vase Final 11th May

curb

16 hours ago, curb said:

Anyone thinking of going?

They are in the FA Trophy final not the Vase.

If anyone is thinking of going you get two games for the price of one with the Vase and then the Trophy played on the same day.

I went to the 2017 finals when my nephew was playing for Cleethorpes town v Southshields in the Vase with Julio Arca playing for them.

A crowd of over 38,000 with Darren England refereeing.

I haven’t seen any details yet for this year, but last year the price was £25 for adults and £10 concessions.

30 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Gateshead game called off tonight, they now have to play 5 games in 10 days.

Yep, 20 minutes before kick-off. Got to feel for the Aldershot team and  supporters. But apparently their management were putting pressure on the referee. 

Edited by angieram

6 hours ago, Foreveram said:

They are in the FA Trophy final not the Vase.

If anyone is thinking of going you get two games for the price of one with the Vase and then the Trophy played on the same day.

I went to the 2017 finals when my nephew was playing for Cleethorpes town v Southshields in the Vase with Julio Arca playing for them.

A crowd of over 38,000 with Darren England refereeing.

I haven’t seen any details yet for this year, but last year the price was £25 for adults and £10 concessions.

I go and watch Cleethorpes Town and Grimsby Borough regularly when Derby are away. Who is your nephew?

10 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

I go and watch Cleethorpes Town and Grimsby Borough regularly when Derby are away. Who is your nephew?

Jack Richardson, he doesn’t play for them now.

I went to a few games to support him, the Clee ultras are a small but dedicated bunch 😂

His dad Mark played for Eastwood town and Derby reserves under Roy Mac and his uncle Paul played 1 game for Derby but had to retire and go part time when Derby took the insurance money because of illness.

16 hours ago, Foreveram said:

I went to a few games to support him, the Clee ultras are a small but dedicated bunch 😂

His dad Mark played for Eastwood town and Derby reserves under Roy Mac and his uncle Paul played 1 game for Derby but had to retire and go part time when Derby took the insurance money because of illness.

Richo.  He plays for Grimsby Borough now. They played Cleethorpes Town on Easter Monday and won 3-0. He came off with a broken nose and missed Saturdays game.

Is he a Ram ?

38 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Richo.  He plays for Grimsby Borough now. They played Cleethorpes Town on Easter Monday and won 3-0. He came off with a broken nose and missed Saturdays game.

Is he a Ram ?

No, I don’t think he supports anyone in particular, he’s always played for someone.

17 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Paul 'Tiger' Richardson?  Worked at Rolls Royce Hucknall i believe?

15 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

Paul 'Tiger' Richardson?  Worked at Rolls Royce Hucknall i believe?

He did indeed, he made a decent living working for Royce’s and playing football part time, driving a Porsche.

My father worked at RR Hucknall, Maurice Peel.

Edited by Foreveram

21 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

He did indeed, he made a decent living working for Royce’s and playing football part time, driving a Porsche.

My father worked at RR Hucknall, Maurice Peel.

I never worked there but have several friends who did and are still there although it's not RR anymore.  They new Paul quite well.  Being from Eastwood, i remember his brother playing for the Badgers as well.

1 hour ago, Charlie George said:

Is he a Ram ?

Cleethorpes Vs Belper tonight if it's still on? re arranged game after pitch waterlogged  

Belper Vs Cleethorpes on Saturday...I'll be there, 3 days of dry weather promised 😮 

20 hours ago, Charlie George said:

19 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Small world. One of my good pals is one of the Clee Ultras you describe - 350 mile round trip on a Tuesday night away at Ashington? He's there

Went with him to watch them couple of weeks back v Winterton (they won 2-0) & been to Linden Club a couple of times too - nice little ground. My pal can't stand Grimsby Borough so was obviously outraged on Easter Monday when they got clattered 3-0

1 hour ago, NottsRam said:

I never worked there but have several friends who did and are still there although it's not RR anymore.  They new Paul quite well.  Being from Eastwood, i remember his brother playing for the Badgers as well.

Mark had a testimonial at Eastwood, their dad played for them as well. 
Mark played regularly for Derby reserves for Roy Mac and said that Arthur Cox told him he would have signed him if he was younger.