Supporters' Charter Group (SCG) minutes - March 2024

It's been a busy week for fan engagement. Last night was the latest SCG meeting and the minutes are up on the RamsTrust website now. You can view them HERE.

There is some overlap with the Fans' Forum, of course, but new stuff in here too, including an answer to the burning question about counting  attendance at Pride Park. (You see, I do listen to you sometimes! 😂

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's been a busy week for fan engagement. Last night was the latest SCG meeting and the minutes are up on the RamsTrust website now. You can view them HERE.

There is some overlap with the Fans' Forum, of course, but new stuff in here too, including an answer to the burning question about counting  attendance at Pride Park. (You see, I do listen to you sometimes! 😂

Your link doesn't seem to work for me. I had to go on the site first and then click on the link there.

https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/derby-county-supporters-charter-group-meeting-20-march-2024/

4 hours ago, angieram said:

Good to see that David Clowes has budgeted to fund the club for at least five years and is happy to do that. Gives a bit of stability and plenty of time for him to decide what he wants to do in the future. 

It all depends where we are but if we are challenging for promotion to the PL (or more likely in it 😁) hopefully Mr Clowes will be able to bring in a partner or sell outright to someone he  trusts.

I believe he will do the right thing for the club.

7 hours ago, angieram said:

Quote  from the minutes  "Atmosphere - Many supporters leave the ground early and watch the TVs in the concourses. Could these be turned off by at least the 90th minute with a plea from the club to stay in the ground and get behind the players?"

Typical Ramstrust busy-bodying. Let fans make their own decision - there are some very good reasons why fans may choose to go to the Concourse before the final whistle and view the TVs.

4 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Quote  from the minutes  "Atmosphere - Many supporters leave the ground early and watch the TVs in the concourses. Could these be turned off by at least the 90th minute with a plea from the club to stay in the ground and get behind the players?"

Typical Ramstrust busy-bodying. Let fans make their own decision - there are some very good reasons why fans may choose to go to the Concourse before the final whistle and view the TVs.

What about us fans that don't want to be standing up and down every 2 minutes, and constantly having our view blocked by people, are we busy bodies too?

5 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Can someone please explain this to me. "Fans" leave their seats before the final whistle to go and stand in the concourse to watch the final minutes on the TV? I fully understand people who actually leave the ground to avoid the rush, catch trains etc, but to just watch on a tiny TV screen when a few feet away you can watch live? Now that's just plain weird.

The questions for SCG are submitted by all the supporters' groups and individuals and all questions are submitted collectively and debated at the SCG meeting for their worth, not filtered out. 

A good example of that is the situation in East Stand. I can't speak for other groups, but RT gets some members asking for a relaxation of standing there to improve atmosphere and others asking for better stewarding so they can continue to sit peacefully in seats they have occupied since PP opened. Both views have been put forward at past meetings because they have been asked.

The SCG is a collective, not just RamsTrust, so why single them out for criticism? 

13 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Can someone please explain this to me. "Fans" leave their seats before the final whistle to go and stand in the concourse to watch the final minutes on the TV? I fully understand people who actually leave the ground to avoid the rush, catch trains etc, but to just watch on a tiny TV screen when a few feet away you can watch live? Now that's just plain weird.

I guess they’re just getting a head start on the rest of the crowd without missing the action. 
Not for me, but I guess it works for them.

19 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I think it’s obvious why some people do it. In order to get a head start on the crowd leaving the stadium. It’s simply a bit of a compromise. They want to leave earlier than most people but don’t want to miss any late goals. 

I wouldn’t do it myself but some obviously do.

12 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I guess they’re just getting a head start on the rest of the crowd without missing the action. 
Not for me, but I guess it works for them.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think it’s obvious why some people do it. In order to get a head start on the crowd leaving the stadium. It’s simply a bit of a compromise. They want to leave earlier than most people but don’t want to miss any late goals. 

I wouldn’t do it myself but some obviously do.

I imagine it could sometimes take 20 minutes to get down from the top of the South Stand if waiting until after the final whistle.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

What about us fans that don't want to be standing up and down every 2 minutes, and constantly having our view blocked by people, are we busy bodies too?

No, the opposite. You're lazy bodies not wanting to stand up and sit down every two minutes.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I imagine it could sometimes take 20 minutes to get down from the top of the South Stand if waiting until after the final whistle.

I always stay to the final whistle and to clap the players but edging towards the exit because the East Stand isn’t easy to escape from 😊

I have a train to catch and if there’s lots of extra time this can get a bit tricky. Fine if I’m in good shape because I can jog but I could well imagine many need more time.