Derby County Financial Accounts

3 hours ago, Carnero said:

Under SCMP a normal L1 club can spend up to 60% of turnover on player salaries, a newly relegated club can spend up to 75%. I guess we could spend somewhere in the middle given the post-admin business plan. We spent 42%.

But the guy on twitter having read the report says 7.3m and under the target of the EFL agreement. 

On 09/03/2024 at 11:39, Andrew3000 said:

Some great points.  Clowes has secured his place as one of the most important people in our history and will eventually be immortalised in some form.

The academy status is a dilemma. They have an obvious emotional appeal, but are they actually worth the investment over the long term? Anyone got any evidence either way? 

One good player a year (either to break into the first team or to sell on to a club further up the pyramid [I'm loathe to say bigger]) and it pays for itself.  

On 08/03/2024 at 20:34, G STAR RAM said:

There is no corporation tax bill.

Indeed.  

The silver lining will be that we probably won't have any CT many years due to loss carry forward

On 08/03/2024 at 10:11, YouRams said:

Doesn't sit right with me Quant taking £13m from a club on the brink, and with the Kirchner stuff not worth 13p.

Controversial take, but they kept us running by hook or by "crook"; a buyer was found.  I think they did what was needed of them.

It is a tough and thankless job, but I think in the circle of blame at what took place, I'm not even sure they make the cut. 

12 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Controversial take, but they kept us running by hook or by "crook"; a buyer was found.  I think they did what was needed of them.

It is a tough and thankless job, but I think in the circle of blame at what took place, I'm not even sure they make the cut. 

I got the impression that their fee was to do with the actual running costs of the club, as opposed to them just trousering it with a cry of 'Yoink'.

Edited by Eddie

On 08/03/2024 at 21:27, jimtastic56 said:

If we are paying David Clowes rent of 872 k per annum on PP. Which he bought for £25 mill - that’s similar to DC getting 4-5% p an  interest on his investment . That seems fairly normal in the current financial climate.

But what are the running costs of the stadium which go through the accounts of the stadium?

I bet rates and utilities are close to £1m each year - suggesting I bet the rent covers the costs and DC is getting nothing back.

However the P&L on the stadium will not be shown in full accounts given the T/O is very low.

7 hours ago, rammieib said:

But what are the running costs of the stadium which go through the accounts of the stadium?

I bet rates and utilities are close to £1m each year - suggesting I bet the rent covers the costs and DC is getting nothing back.

However the P&L on the stadium will not be shown in full accounts given the T/O is very low.

The club will incur all the costs of running the stadium.

8 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

Indeed.  

The silver lining will be that we probably won't have any CT many years due to loss carry forward

When was the last time we made a profit and were therefore subject to CT? 

CT isn’t an issue for football clubs because, by definition the club must have done OK financially that year (possibly due to player sales). When they get in a mess is when they don’t set aside money to pay their VAT and other tax liabilities. 

On 09/03/2024 at 11:10, duncanjwitham said:

That £10m loss is more than accounted for by the £13m to Quantuma.  If my understanding is right (and I'm not an expert at this stuff), turnover without player trading is about £18.9m.  Operating costs were about £19.2m.  So that's pretty much break even in actual money terms.

Ok I got the impression we'd made that loss ignoring the money to Quantuma - if that is factored in then looks fine. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

When was the last time we made a profit and were therefore subject to CT? 

CT isn’t an issue for football clubs because, by definition the club must have done OK financially that year (possibly due to player sales). When they get in a mess is when they don’t set aside money to pay their VAT and other tax liabilities. 

This is true, though there is a lot of playing with the numbers to avoid declaring profit.  In any event, should that happy day arrive, Clowes will likely receive part of his interest free loan back.