Paul Warne

Day

16 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Thought Paul Warne was pure class post-match today. He must have been seething inside. Def the best of him. 

I thought exactly the same.  Not only that, Fozzy too who when asked said “I’ve been told not to talk about it”.  Shows what sort of culture and example he wants and sets.  Contrast that with Steve Cooper who I think has moaned about officials/VAR in just about every game he’s managed in the PL and either Forest or Leicester.

3 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I thought exactly the same.  Not only that, Fozzy too who when asked said “I’ve been told not to talk about it”.  Shows what sort of culture and example he wants and sets.  Contrast that with Steve Cooper who I think has moaned about officials/VAR in just about every game he’s managed in the PL and either Forest or Leicester.

Makes total sense.

The officials will watch the decisions back, see they got it badly wrong. Other officials will see them as well, know we got screwed.

Warne will probably get a private apology and a little bit of respect for not lambasting them to the media.

Just now, FindernRam said:

There is another way of looking at this:

If Officials know they will get an easy ride at Derby will they take a more relaxed attitude in games and make even more mistakes?

Do they even take any notice of the "verbals" against them? If they do which way does it sway their decision making?

Being "Classy" doesn't win games.

Being "classy" (in terms of post match comments) doesn't lose games either IMO. Maybe I'm naïve but I really don't think the officials in the Championship give any thought to the likely reaction from managers if they get a decision wrong. It may be different with much higher profile managers in the Premier League (it shouldn't be) but not in the Championship.

12 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

And higher profile Refs. Are they marked to a lower standard in lower leagues?

Maybe but I was just responding to your question as to whether our manager being "classy" in his post match comments could be detrimental to the way the officials at our games behave. If they are marked to a lower standard then surely that would impact our opposition just as much.

Rooney used to be very vocal about the dreadful decisions we had against us, often taking his complaints to the authorities, but got short shrift. I remember him saying that, after his complaint about a clear foul on Curtis Davies led to Hull's winning goal at their ground was rejected, that they told him, in their opinion, Curtis Davies "SHOULD HAVE BEEN STRONGER". (He was barged in the back by a player blindsiding him). Imagine that.

They're w*nkers, all of them. Rage, moan, abuse, simper - what ever managers do, they just carry on allowing sh*t officials to be sh*t.

Edited by Crewton

13 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

then surely that would impact our opposition just as much.

But we only notice the ones we think are wrong I suspect hence the anger. Nuff said, not hijacking thread to moan about Refs.😀

21 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Excellent I interview in my opinion

I agree. Reporters must love interviewing Warne compared to many, many other managers. Good humoured, no BS, addresses the question, full of appreciation for his players - none of the bad-tempered, obtuse, downright rudeness of the average PL manager.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Rooney used to be very vocal about the dreadful decisions we had against us, often taking his complaints to the authorities, but got short shrift. I remember him saying that, after his complaint about a clear foul on Curtis Davies led to Hull's winning goal at their ground was rejected, that they told him, in their opinion, Curtis Davies "SHOULD HAVE BEEN STRONGER". (He was barged in the back by a player blindsiding him). Imagine that.

They're w*nkers, all of them. Rage, moan, abuse, simper - what ever managers do, they just carry on allowing sh*t officials to be sh*t.

They don't want to admit that their officials are sh*t, They know they are sh*t but the next generation are worse than sh*t.

Take a look at the the Bruno Fernandes sending off on Sunday, Maddison is away Fernandes is about to tackle him...but slips just as he was to close him down, Now with him slipping...imo...he raises his leg in an attempt to make some sort of challenge, With doing this he catches Maddison around the shin area the ref is right in line...and pulls out the red card, He saw the tackle...but not the slip.

This is the EPLs response

It said: 'The referee issued a red card to Fernandes for a challenge on Maddison. The VAR checked and confirmed the referee's call of serious foul play

All in the studio said "yellow card at most" at a push I'd agree...at most...a red never...imo

With the EPLs response shows how protective they are concerning the Ref and VAR, They do this so the refs wont feel excluded...laughable 

I hate VAR apart from goal line. On Saturday I would have liked it. 
The daft thing is the fourth official would have taken fifteen seconds to see an iPad re run of that first goal incident. They have them in the dug out. 

12 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

They don't want to admit that their officials are sh*t, They know they are sh*t but the next generation are worse than sh*t.

Take a look at the the Bruno Fernandes sending off on Sunday, Maddison is away Fernandes is about to tackle him...but slips just as he was to close him down, Now with him slipping...imo...he raises his leg in an attempt to make some sort of challenge, With doing this he catches Maddison around the shin area the ref is right in line...and pulls out the red card, He saw the tackle...but not the slip.

This is the EPLs response

It said: 'The referee issued a red card to Fernandes for a challenge on Maddison. The VAR checked and confirmed the referee's call of serious foul play

All in the studio said "yellow card at most" at a push I'd agree...at most...a red never...imo

With the EPLs response shows how protective they are concerning the Ref and VAR, They do this so the refs wont feel excluded...laughable 

Yes, I saw that. Madison seemed to ask the referee not to send Fernandes off. Perhaps if he hadn't dropped like a fly after a few paces and started writhing around, the referee might not have treated the incident as serious foul play. Although Fernandes' studs were showing, there was absolutely no risk of serious injury to Madison because there was no force in the challange.

Player's could help referees by not milking every challenge. One thing I like about our team is that they really don't do that.

28 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Yes, I saw that. Madison seemed to ask the referee not to send Fernandes off. Perhaps if he hadn't dropped like a fly after a few paces and started writhing around, the referee might not have treated the incident as serious foul play. Although Fernandes' studs were showing, there was absolutely no risk of serious injury to Madison because there was no force in the challange.

Player's could help referees by not milking every challenge. One thing I like about our team is that they really don't do that.

I agree and yet others would probably say we need to be better at the "dark arts".

We always watch the Bundesliga highlights and there are far fewer contentious decisions,  despite also having VAR. 

The refs there don't seem to have the egos that ours do, and accept the VAR intervention with good grace. Not sure the players do as much writhing around either, bit maybe that's just my perception. 

Just now, Tamworthram said:

I agree and yet others would probably say we need to be better at the "dark arts".

I think there's a way of drawing fouls and making sure the referee sees them, without all that rolling around on the floor, trying to get an opponent sent off. Chris Martin, David Nugent and Jason Knight were very good at doing that. As far as I can recall, they didn't do the latter. There's no point trying to stay on your feet when you've been fouled, because referees ignore the fact you've been fouled. Rolling around in those circumstances often gets you booked anyway. 

Dark Arts doesn't have to mean play-acting, which is all too common.

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I think there's a way of drawing fouls and making sure the referee sees them, without all that rolling around on the floor, trying to get an opponent sent off. Chris Martin, David Nugent and Jason Knight were very good at doing that. As far as I can recall, they didn't do the latter. There's no point trying to stay on your feet when you've been fouled, because referees ignore the fact you've been fouled. Rolling around in those circumstances often gets you booked anyway. 

Dark Arts doesn't have to mean play-acting, which is all too common.

Again I largely agree. But I'm sure there are several posters that think we should sink to the level of trying to get opposing players booked or sent off.

The one that does really annoy me (and we can be just as guilty) is going down (not necessarily rolling around though) when there is only the slightest of contact. Players do it all the time especially when they're cornered in a dangerous position. Technically, I guess they are fouls but sometimes I wish the ref could just say "stop being such a wuss and get up".