Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

22 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

They've already spend £13.5m this window. Insane money

Should have no problem getting out of L 1 . But to get in the Prem and stay for more than one season takes £100 million plus up front . That takes massive bottle .

1 hour ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I’m ginger, or was before going bald. I go up like a fag paper as soon as the temperature hits the high teens. 

Me too, I used to have to wear a t-shirt and long trousers on the beach as a child because I was so ginger

17 hours ago, LucaHames said:

Hopefully go back in for Derry murkin 

I thought this was a joke name. Nope. He's real.
Born in Colchester, raised in Netherlands, plays for Schalke.
Would this count as a foreign signing? Would he leave Schalke? They're in a precarious financial situation from what I remember.

2 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Would this count as a foreign signing? Would he leave Schalke? They're in a precarious financial situation from what I remember.

Huge club, but as you said, they've been in trouble. Middle of the pack in the Bundesliga 2 last year, so no reason he wouldn't leave.

5 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

In terms of work permits and such, I would expect not, if he holds a UK passport - would assume he's eligible for one at the very least. 

In terms of homegrown talent rules, yes, as all his football development was in the Netherlands.

Edited by Animal is a Ram

I was trying to think who the winger Darren Witcoop was hinting at could be and I think it could be Ian Poveda. He’s left footed and born in London but plays for Colombia. Darren hinted it’s a left footed winger who plays on the right with championship experience that’s “mainly English but not homegrown”. 

Also has the same agent as CBT, I certainly would be happy with him as a free agent signing.

4 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I was trying to think who the winger Darren Witcoop was hinting at could be and I think it could be Ian Poveda. He’s left footed and born in London but plays for Colombia. Darren hinted it’s a left footed winger who plays on the right with championship experience that’s “mainly English but not homegrown”. 

Also has the same agent as CBT, I certainly would be happy with him as a free agent signing.

Pretty sure the 'backup' is Scott Wright. Looking at his stats, I can see why he might be on our shortlist, but I'd be surprised if he was in our top 5 options.

24 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

There's pics all over twitter of him posing in a Sunderland shirt, just like ours for David Ozoh. Expect him to be announced shortly.

29 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I was thinking (and hoping) it would be Ebiowei 

47 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Pretty sure the 'backup' is Scott Wright. Looking at his stats, I can see why he might be on our shortlist, but I'd be surprised if he was in our top 5 options.

Scott Wright is a right footed right winger who’s never played in the championship and is fully Scottish. So doesn’t fit any of the hints.

3 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Good going forward but does he have the defensive game PW would require from him?

Good going forward but without scoring any goals by the looks of it.

We need a bulging onion bag.

A few European CF options:

Jovo Lukić from Borac Banja Luka (Bosnia) would be cheap punt. 25 years old CF with 1 year left on his contract, 14 goals and 6 assists last season. Dominant in the air and uses his body well to shield the ball, a very good finisher, links play well, creates chances for others, and not a bad dribbler on the ball, and contributes a lot defensively.

Mads Borchers is another cheap option. He's a 22 year old Danish forward who only joined his current club (Vaasan Palloseura, Finland) in March (having played in Denmark, Faroe Islands, Sweden and now Finland in the last 2 years). He's currently on 9 goals and 2 assists in 16 games this season.

Tomáš Bobček is a Slovak forward currently playing for Lechia, Poland. He joined them for £500k last September and has 3 years left on his contract, so would probably cost around £1m now. He had 9 goals and 4 assists in 25 games last season, but is statisticlly a good creator and finisher, good defensive contribution, but fairly average in the air.

Daniel Bîrligea is similar to Bobček but better in the air. 24 years only playing for Cluj, Romania. Capped twice for Romania, most recently in April this year. 15 goals and 7 assists in 46 games last season, and already has 2 goals and an assist in 2 games this season. I think he would cost around £1.5m.

Mathias Kvistgaarden would be a more expensive option. He's only 22 years old and plays for Brondby (Denmark) vand 3 years left on his contract. He starts the majority of games and ended up with 10 goals and 7 assists in 28 games last season. Average in the air but good in all other areas, especially the defensive side (which says a lot considering his attacking output)

Willem Geubbels is another 22 year old. Once a £18m signing for Monoco and viewed as Mbappe's replacement, he eventually moved to St Gallen, Switzerland, on a free in Jan 2023 but now only has 1 year left on his contract. He's regained some confidence and had 8 goals and 5 assists in 33 games last season. He's a good all round forward, and can also play out wide so is a good dribbler. He'd probably be the most expensive option on this list, but his history means he would fetch a nice fee if he fulfills his early promise.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Jovo Lukić from Borac Banja Luka (Bosnia) would be cheap punt. 25 years old CF with 1 year left on his contract, 14 goals and 6 assists last season. Dominant in the air and uses his body well to shield the ball, a very good finisher, links play well, creates chances for others, and not a bad dribbler on the ball, and contributes a lot defensively.

Mads Borchers is another cheap option. He's a 22 year old Danish forward who only joined his current club (Vaasan Palloseura, Finland) in March (having played in Denmark, Faroe Islands, Sweden and now Finland in the last 2 years). He's currently on 9 goals and 2 assists in 16 games this season.

Tomáš Bobček is a Slovak forward currently playing for Lechia, Poland. He joined them for £500k last September and has 3 years left on his contract, so would probably cost around £1m now. He had 9 goals and 4 assists in 25 games last season, but is statisticlly a good creator and finisher, good defensive contribution, but fairly average in the air.

Daniel Bîrligea is similar to Bobček but better in the air. 24 years only playing for Cluj, Romania. Capped twice for Romania, most recently in April this year. 15 goals and 7 assists in 46 games last season, and already has 2 goals and an assist in 2 games this season. I think he would cost around £1.5m.

Mathias Kvistgaarden would be a more expensive option. He's only 22 years old and plays for Brondby (Denmark) vand 3 years left on his contract. He starts the majority of games and ended up with 10 goals and 7 assists in 28 games last season. Average in the air but good in all other areas, especially the defensive side (which says a lot considering his attacking output)

Willem Geubbels is another 22 year old. Once a £18m signing for Monoco and viewed as Mbappe's replacement, he eventually moved to St Gallen, Switzerland, on a free in Jan 2023 but now only has 1 year left on his contract. He's regained some confidence and had 8 goals and 5 assists in 33 games last season. He's a good all round forward, and can also play out wide so is a good dribbler. He'd probably be the most expensive option on this list, but his history means he would fetch a nice fee if he fulfills his early promise.

More interesting research. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Have you sent this to the recruitment team?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The guy is absolutely pudding and universally hated by Rangers supporters, not to mention he scores badly in almost every statistical metric.

If he gets a move to any of those teams then his agent is magic.