Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

On 26/06/2024 at 17:21, WarCatDCFC said:

We missed out on another player but I am still AI in people eye's on here I told you we are a joke off a club who and when are we going to bring in players everyone on x is hoping tomorrow at 9 AM we will see a new player don't get your hopes up it just Louis Sibley resigned oh wow I jumping and down woooooooo not we don't have the pulling power like we did years ago

can i ask are you on medication. your obviously not Ai because your comments are not sensible enough. fell free to comment but i feel you should be prepared for incoming flak at regular intervals. us older guys from brians and daves eras have learnt to respect and love the club through thick and thin good and bad its just life. but at least we can say i saw them pick up the league trophy twice.

7 minutes ago, crutch18 said:

Oli mcburnie on a free aswell, another with good experience and a bit of bite I think we lack.

Not for me, plenty of incidents of him being a prized bellend. Warne values character, can't imagine he'd like this whopper. Plus, his wages would be way beyond what we would do anyway.

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Alan Browne turned down 3 year deal at Preston and now a free agent. Would happily take him on a free.

Would also expect Yates & Jackson to be announced later today.

You would imagine they have been at Moor Farm today doing media etc. Probably no point getting them in over the weekend to do it when then are in today.

No chance on Browne, he's turned down club record deals to stay at Preston, we ain't matching whatever wages he's after.

4 hours ago, Srg said:

Not for me, plenty of incidents of him being a prized bellend. Warne values character, can't imagine he'd like this whopper. Plus, his wages would be way beyond what we would do anyway.

I think he has grown up over the last few years to be honest. I think the real issue with him is his high wages. He was on massive wages at Sheff U. I dont think he would accept the food tokens we can offer. 

47 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

I think he has grown up over the last few years to be honest. I think the real issue with him is his high wages. He was on massive wages at Sheff U. I dont think he would accept the food tokens we can offer. 

If he is out of contract doesn’t that mean he is on zero wages currently ? Don’t think any Prem clubs would take him so I would think it’s how high up the food chain any Champ interest is . Probably would have a relegation wage clause in his contract if he had stayed with Sheff U anyway. 

13 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

In an ideal world I’d like both. Alongside Yates that revolutionises our front line. If I had to choose one it would be Jebbison because he brings height to the forward line.

I would probably agree with this. I think they are of a similar level and would have similar wage demands. Jebbison would bring some extra height to complement the likes of Yates and Washington who are quite a bit shorter.

21 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

If he is out of contract doesn’t that mean he is on zero wages currently ? Don’t think any Prem clubs would take him so I would think it’s how high up the food chain any Champ interest is . Probably would have a relegation wage clause in his contract if he had stayed with Sheff U anyway. 

Not may players in prime age would go from what he is on to what we can offer. He has Burnley or Leeds written all over it

13 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

We should be absolutely all over this. Maybe Osborn can put a word in?

I'm not sure about Jebbison. He's done ok in League One, but really struggled elsewhere and was playing second fiddle to Osula as a player we know critically lacks technical ability. 

He's probably worth a roll of the dice, try and develop him, but I think he's probably a player who would struggle to have an impact at Championship level.