Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

29 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

He managed to get 30 points on his licence, which is almost impressive.

Christ, he's got dangerous driving & driving without insurance charges awaiting trial in March 2025. What a k*******.

There’s undoubtedly a talented player there for championship or lower prem sides given his experience at a young age, just whether or not he’s ready to leave some of his alleged attitude problems behind and kick on with his career. A Warne type manager with a focus on person and family etc might be exactly what he needs, just not sure it’ll actually be Warne himself to take a chance on the lad, purely my opinion of course. 

6 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There’s undoubtedly a talented player there for championship or lower prem sides given his experience at a young age, just whether or not he’s ready to leave some of his alleged attitude problems behind and kick on with his career. A Warne type manager with a focus on person and family etc might be exactly what he needs, just not sure it’ll actually be Warne himself to take a chance on the lad, purely my opinion of course. 

Spot on.

The environment 'in the camp' is evidently very inclusive but Warne wants 'ready to order' good guys who'll fit into the group right off the bat without causing any behind the scenes disruptions, he's not a rehabilitator of poor character or someone who wants to be dealing with multiple clashing egos. I'm not sure he'd even be as willing to have someone like Robbie Savage around as Clough was.

It's similar to what we've seen from him with regard to developing youngsters, if at all possible he'd rather someone else do the bulk of it until the player is 'Championship Ready' (or whichever league) and represents as little risk as possible.

This kid sounds like an absolute nightmare.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

Agree.  Unless there is evidence a player wants to change I'd avoid because I don't think you can really make a player change.   Some difficult characters maybe you can accommodate but those are normally ones who have the work ethic they are just non conformists - the likes of Cantona for example.   This lad sounds more of what I'd describe as a waster and those sorts have to want to change themselves.

37 minutes ago, Srg said:

Surprised still nothing from Tyrese Campbell (yes, I know about his dad’s tragic passing) but do think he would be a good option with where we are at right now. 

I agree. I actually thought this might have been the “expensive free agent” Warne was referring to in a previous interview. Apparently in talks with quite a few Champ clubs, though 🤷‍♂️

On one of the keepers we chased earlier in the window, Viktor Johansson is getting absolute pelters from Stoke fans as he looks completely out of sorts in their preseason. 

It will be interesting to see how that develops, but Stoke is a great place for footballers to get paid but watch their career rot while a few thousand angry people from Staffordshire abuse you. First impressions are hard to shake too. 

25 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

On one of the keepers we chased earlier in the window, Viktor Johansson is getting absolute pelters from Stoke fans as he looks completely out of sorts in their preseason. 

It will be interesting to see how that develops, but Stoke is a great place for footballers to get paid but watch their career rot while a few thousand angry people from Staffordshire abuse you. First impressions are hard to shake too. 

We were never in for Johannson at any point 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, goodgollymickbrolly said:

We were never in for Johannson at any point 👍🏻

I'd be surprised if not, Warne described him as the best goalkeeper in the Championship only last season. I think it was always unlikely given the interest in him but wouldn't surprise me if we had some discussion. 

36 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'd be surprised if not, Warne described him as the best goalkeeper in the Championship only last season. I think it was always unlikely given the interest in him but wouldn't surprise me if we had some discussion. 

Reservations on his size apparently.  We 100% weren’t in for him.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

He wants JWZ to go up for free kicks and corners 😊

Lol. Have we ever had a keeper score a goal? I cant remember in my lifetime. Obviously not counting poom.