Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

20 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I know every player looks good on highlights but this video shows what he’s about and that he’s not just a big lad he seems good with the ball at feet and quite the athlete.

..lets hope we're looking at better as he looks quite average in a very poor standard of football

4 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Now that it’s near a done deal that Barnsley are staying down, I’d love any of Kane, Connel, Phillips or Williams from them. 

Phillips would be a great signing and Brannigan from Oxford would be great business if we got both of them

5 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Now that it’s near a done deal that Barnsley are staying down, I’d love any of Kane, Connel, Phillips or Williams from them. 

I agree, I think Kane and Williams on free transfers would be solid business to add to the squad. Both a good age at 25 and 24 respectively, both been consistent performers for a Barnsley side pushing at the top end of league one, would give us a younger option to Hourihane in midfield and another option at cb. 

38 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I’d also add LWB Nicky Caden to this as he was another key player for that FGR side alongside Wilson and Ebou and he has 15 goals and 20 assists in his last 3 seasons. He’s on a free so I’d definitely have a look at him.

It will be interesting to see who out of the promoted clubs from L1 get players in the door earliest

It will be a gauge to how good our recruitment team is as we certainly shouldn't be behind the winners of the play offs hopefully we get players in early to allow them chance to settle in etc and  hopefully younger players too 

exciting summer ahead 👍

I know Sam cosgrove has been linked before. watched him in the play off game last night and he has been brill for them. but then i looked at his championship stats 😐

image.png.1e41abb305c31c405c652495e2978b18.png

23 minutes ago, BatRam said:

I know Sam cosgrove has been linked before. watched him in the play off game last night and he has been brill for them. but then i looked at his championship stats 😐

Massive difference between scoring in L1 and the Championship. Rovrum have released 16 players - they are the ultimate yo-yo club . They probably think they can pick up L1 freebies easily. But the Championship is a different ball-game .

12 hours ago, S8TY said:

It will be interesting to see who out of the promoted clubs from L1 get players in the door earliest

It will be a gauge to how good our recruitment team is as we certainly shouldn't be behind the winners of the play offs hopefully we get players in early to allow them chance to settle in etc and  hopefully younger players too 

exciting summer ahead 👍

Possibly but not necessarily. If we appear to be slower off the mark, it might just mean there is more competition or that particular players agents are better at playing hardball etc for the players we are targeting (and vice versa of course if we seem to fast out of the blocks).

1 hour ago, BatRam said:

I did exactly the same last night and his stats are pretty bad. He's been dining out on those fruitful seasons with Aberdeen for a while now! He's best off staying in League One.

5 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

I did exactly the same last night and his stats are pretty bad. He's been dining out on those fruitful seasons with Aberdeen for a while now! He's best off staying in League One.

probably why we aint scouts youth🤣. But then again kazim richards stats were dreadful but he was class when utilised in the right system. Personally think cosgrove would flourish with our system of giving mendez laing the ball and leaving him to cross it in the box 🤣

What are the current rules on bringing in foreign players? Since Brexit I was under the assumption that EU players must satisfy certain criteria (such as being full internationals), just like non-EU players. This would narrow down the list of potentials that Warne has been scouting in Denmark and the Netherlands.

6 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

What are the current rules on bringing in foreign players? Since Brexit I was under the assumption that EU players must satisfy certain criteria (such as being full internationals), just like non-EU players. This would narrow down the list of potentials that Warne has been scouting in Denmark and the Netherlands.

I could be wrong, but wasn't there some kind of relaxing of the rules for football?