Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

https://t.co/Vj5IUihTXn

Leigh Curtis suggesting prem loans of

Bobby Clark, Liverpool Central midfield, third time lucky ?

Micah Hamilton, Man City Winger, would be very good for us in transition but probably unrealistic 

Rak Sakyi, Palace Winger who’d I would love to see come to Derby personally

Joe Taylor, Luton Striker, I’d imagine only if Luton stayed up this would then maybe be possible

Alex Matos, Chelsea midfielder, who I think is the worst of the 5

2 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Joe Taylor, Luton Striker, I’d imagine only if Luton stayed up this would then maybe be possible

He would get bags of goals in our team, especially if we're going to be a mostly counter-attacking side next season.

Suspect Luton will keep him if they go down, though. He is going to score a lot of goals in the Championship.

48 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

He would get bags of goals in our team, especially if we're going to be a mostly counter-attacking side next season.

Suspect Luton will keep him if they go down, though. He is going to score a lot of goals in the Championship.

Agree on Taylor . He really gave our defence the run around at Lincolns ground and could have easily had a hat-trick.  All depends on Luton beating Everton tonight to send Florists into the drop zone . If Luton come down - expect them to mop up players with their parachute money and go for a quick return .

Summer 2023, transfer spend ...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/the72.co.uk/2023/09/04/2023-summer-transfer-window-championship-spending-and-net-spend-table-transfermarkt/amp/

5 bottom teams:

Huddersfield Town (Relegated)

Total spend: £0m Net spend: £2m

Rotherham United (Relegated)

Total spend: £1.1m Net spend: -£1.1m

Birmingham City (Relegated)

Total spend: £5.69m Net spend: £0.76m

Sheffield Wednesday

Total spend: £1.3m Net spend: -£1.3m

Plymouth Argyle

Total spend: £2.48m Net spend: -£2.48m

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Micah Hamilton, Man City Winger, would be very good for us in transition but probably unrealistic 

I don’t think it would be that unrealistic. From what’s I’ve seen he’s never had a sustained period of first team football. Man City may see it as an opportunity for him to get regular men’s football at a fairly good level. I doubt premier league teams will want to sign him and teams battling for promotion from the championship will likely be looking at players on their 2nd or 3rd loan.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Summer 2023, transfer spend ...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/the72.co.uk/2023/09/04/2023-summer-transfer-window-championship-spending-and-net-spend-table-transfermarkt/amp/

5 bottom teams:

Huddersfield Town (Relegated)

Total spend: £0m Net spend: £2m

Rotherham United (Relegated)

Total spend: £1.1m Net spend: -£1.1m

Birmingham City (Relegated)

Total spend: £5.69m Net spend: £0.76m

Sheffield Wednesday

Total spend: £1.3m Net spend: -£1.3m

Plymouth Argyle

Total spend: £2.48m Net spend: -£2.48m

Not quite relegated yet I'm afraid but hopefully this time tomorrow 🙂

I was surprised to see how much they've spent but looked and their squad is pretty massive. Massively underachieving too for sure because there's some decent individuals in there

18 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Are Reading still struggling financially? I know we were linked with Charlie Savage last season, is there a championship player in him?

What little I've seen this year he looks a tidy player with good set pieces but very lightweight. My Reading supporting mate suggested he wouldn't be sad to see him go, that was back when we were linked. I know he doesn't want to see their striker Kelvin (very long surname and I can't look it up right now) leave because he thinks he has big potential.

They're still hopeful of a sale to get a consortium in and that lunatic Yong out, but we know first-hand how long that stuff can take!

13 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

What little I've seen this year he looks a tidy player with good set pieces but very lightweight. My Reading supporting mate suggested he wouldn't be sad to see him go, that was back when we were linked. I know he doesn't want to see their striker Kelvin (very long surname and I can't look it up right now) leave because he thinks he has big potential.

They're still hopeful of a sale to get a consortium in and that lunatic Yong out, but we know first-hand how long that stuff can take!

I’m not quite sure about Kelvin E. Doesn’t appear to be very clinical or anything really. On paper he looks a bit like one of those players that fans put back because he’s one of their own, but no one else is overly interested.

11 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

I’m not quite sure about Kelvin E. Doesn’t appear to be very clinical or anything really. On paper he looks a bit like one of those players that fans put back because he’s one of their own, but no one else is overly interested.

I think you could well be right. When he came on at Pride Park this season they were chucking long balls at him and he's certainly a big presence for a young guy but I didn't see much from him on the deck

Central midfield is the big area to address this off-season obvisouly. I'd love us to sign Adams and hopefully that can be done for a modest fee, but probably 2 more (one defensive minded and one attack minded) needed in my mind.

There's some good young talents that will be staying in League 1, depending on what happens in the playoffs. I'd be interested to see if any of the following could fall into our budget: 

Erhahon from Lincoln, Kyprianou from Peterborough, Brown from Orient, Kane from Barnsley, Asgard from Wigan

if we were going down the experienced old head route to replace Smith and Hourihane for next year, then I always quite liked Norwood from Sheff U. Good passing range and seemed a good pro

3 hours ago, abertawe_ram said:

I think you could well be right. When he came on at Pride Park this season they were chucking long balls at him and he's certainly a big presence for a young guy but I didn't see much from him on the deck

Looking at his stats he doesn’t appear to have much of an aerial presence either. He’s only won 43% of aerial duals, even Hourihane and Smith have a better record in the air.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Adam Phillips would be a great signing 

Looks like he only has one year left on his contract so he shouldn't cost the earth and highly likely not to renew his contract. A cheeky 300/400k bid could get him.

Edited by eddielewis

12 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

Looks like he only has one year left on his contract so he shouldn't cost the earth and highly likely not to renew his contract. A cheeky 300/400k bid could get him.

Or maybe just a bid 😉

I think that we already have one 'new' CDM, I think that Jake Rooney will take up this position, effectively he's an addition to the squad that won promotion.