Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

48 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

So we get promotion this season and as reward to the current players, everyone loses their place and seemingly leaves?

I'm sure that's a great way of growing club culture and our new found reputation within the game/EFL.

Absolutely no centement in football it's about survival when we go up and having players good enough for the league signed players we can make cash on and players good enough for the club that play international football or been tested in Europe in massive games 

If we can do better then that would be great to do a Ipswich or what ever but bottom lines that we have enough quality not to get dragged into a relegation battle in our first season back up

Got to many old players that would struggle and a lot of kids with less football than majority of my shouts especially from up north

John Souttar starting for Rangers tonight against Benfica again and Scott Wright is getting a start the Rangers version of Mikey Johnston who is smashing the championship with WBA on loan

21 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

John Souttar starting for Rangers tonight against Benfica again and Scott Wright is getting a start the Rangers version of Mikey Johnston who is smashing the championship with WBA on loan

Okay. What do you want us to do with this information? 

41 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

If we can do better then that would be great to do a Ipswich or what ever but bottom lines that we have enough quality not to get dragged into a relegation battle in our first season back up

Looking at Ipswich's team from Saturday, from their signings this season; two players started, three came on as a sub and two were unused. That's a possible seven from twenty players, with only five being used. I can see similar happening for Derby in the summer, a few of the older members will leave and hopefully be replaced by younger upcoming players. Perhaps a half dozen in and out each, including retaining Gayle and Adams. We need a settled club at all levels for continuity, from the boardroom to coaching staff and players. Ripping everything up and starting again each summer just doesn't work and ultimately led us to where we are now.

52 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

Absolutely no centement in football it's about survival when we go up and having players good enough for the league signed players we can make cash on and players good enough for the club that play international football or been tested in Europe in massive games 

Got to many old players that would struggle and a lot of kids with less football than majority of my shouts especially from up north

So which old heads and young players are you thinking will struggle?

6 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Okay. What do you want us to do with this information? 

Watch the game and tell me what you think maybe?Championship center halfs really need to be good on the ball and be able to step out and pass into midfield big MacKenna does the same thing the good teams all have centre halfs that can do this allthough there is a few old school defend 1st types still around who don't and do well Liam Lindsay at PNE is that kind

2 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

So which old heads and young players are you thinking will struggle?

Ones that are past it and the ones who aren't experienced enough that will end up back with the U23 team not sure if you watch a lot of championship football the levels much higher than league one

7 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

Watch the game and tell me what you think maybe?Championship center halfs really need to be good on the ball and be able to step out and pass into midfield big MacKenna does the same thing the good teams all have centre halfs that can do this allthough there is a few old school defend 1st types still around who don't and do well Liam Lindsay at PNE is that kind

Wait, are you suggesting we try and sign John Souttar? Funny. Not a chance.

Here's some reactions to Scott Wright starting:

https://x.com/_DIGB/status/1768315838958858430?s=20

https://x.com/danilo99szn/status/1768318305993937296?s=20

https://x.com/NewcoJoe72/status/1768316368997228937?s=20

https://x.com/GP_1872/status/1768315835343376822?s=20

https://x.com/snowedunder18/status/1768315465057677337?s=20

https://x.com/CamDGTaylor/status/1768314068421542319?s=20

1 minute ago, Jubbs said:

I don't think John Souttar will be in the managers plans next year he will no doubt be allowed to go on loan

Scott Wright is Rangers worst winger Mikey Johnston is Celtic worst winger and he is smashing the championship 

Being the worst player at Rangers and Celtic doesn't stip a good championship career

Scott Wright played in a Europa league final have we got anybody who played at that level?

No we haven't 

Scott Wright is decent he has pace is very technical scores some lovely goals its just that Rangers have better only in team cos of injuries 

Scott Wright will be leaving at the end of the season Preston were interested 

41 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

Ones that are past it and the ones who aren't experienced enough that will end up back with the U23 team not sure if you watch a lot of championship football the levels much higher than league one

I think you are being asked to give examples. You know, real players who currently play for Derby County.

Do you know any? Do you ever watch Derby County? 

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think you are being asked to give examples. You know, real players who currently play for Derby County.

Do you know any? Do you ever watch Derby County? 

Of course I do and there is massive surgery required if we go up

So Souttar been good here stepped out twice against a team that is really good gonna say better than at least four in the championship 

Wright has been lively got a great turn of pace looked dangerous when he has got on the ball lost it when he got a short pass but other than that did okay so far

3 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

Of course I do and there is massive surgery required if we go up

So Souttar been good here stepped out twice against a team that is really good gonna say better than at least four in the championship 

Wright has been lively got a great turn of pace looked dangerous when he has got on the ball lost it when he got a short pass but other than that did okay so far

So who? Forget the stream of names from Scottish football for a moment and let us know who they’re replacing in your view?

Who do we retain next season?

What does the lineup look like? 

5 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

Sibley other than that nobody 

Are you aware that a number of the squad have contracts beyond the summer? Expiring in 2025 or 2026 in some cases

If you’re genuine suggestion is that we replace the entire squad other than Sibley with the players you’ve been spamming this thread with for the last couple of days I think you may have finally proven there’s no credibility or logic to your intentions. What functioning football club would choose to despatch 99% of its playing staff at the end of a season?! 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
More thoughts on this madness

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Are you aware that a number of the squad have contracts expiring beyond the summer? 

Yes most signed to play in league one not the championship or players that took us down 

Sentiment in football kills teams we are professional this is Sunday stuff loyalty here

We are Derby we deserve so much better than this we should be a EPL club the players ive mentioned are steady especially the Rangers and Celtic ones who maybe one day get us back to the promiced land