Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

15 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Seth Meyers I Give Up GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Half the teams leaving aren't they?So they would all be coming in to play,and most on significantly less money we need a striker though so suggest this guy

There's a young lad scoring for fun in the National League who we should try to snap up. Only 18 years old, and six goals in the last four games - they're calling him "the Beast". I haven't delved into the stats (but others can: https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=174067) but since he went there, I think he's scoring a goal every 45 minutes or maybe even better.

The lad's name is Brown, Dajaune Brown. Could do a job for us next season I'm sure.

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

There's a young lad scoring for fun in the National League who we should try to snap up. Only 18 years old, and six goals in the last four games - they're calling him "the Beast". I haven't delved into the stats (but others can: https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=174067) but since he went there, I think he's scoring a goal every 45 minutes or maybe even better.

The lad's name is Brown, Dajaune Brown. Could do a job for us next season I'm sure.

But can he do it on a cold Tuesday in Falkirk?! With nothing but neeps, tatties and a tunnocks caramel wafer, washed down with a can of irn bru, for energy? 

1 minute ago, Comrade 86 said:

Of course. He's a Ram, isn't he! He could do it on just the Tunnocks and he wouldn't even take the wrapper off first.

Sorry, my mistake, I thought this was the “football players based in Scotland or of Scots heritage playing inside and outside the United Kingdom for your consideration” thread… 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Sorry, my mistake, I thought this was the “football players based in Scotland or of Scots heritage playing inside and outside the United Kingdom for your consideration” thread… 

McGuire would be of Irish heritage on one side anyway might be a good one if he is still free a USA international player if he is as good as Sargent at Norwich we would have won a watch

3 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

McGuire would be of Irish heritage on one side anyway might be a good one if he is still free a USA international player if he is as good as Sargent at Norwich we would have won a watch

"the club paid a loan fee of $700k, for McGuire, with the option to buy at $7m plus $2.5m in add-ons."

Slightly out of our price range

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I thought folk were being a tad hard on the lad to start with, which is why I initially attempted the diplomatic approach, but I now realise he's as mad as a cat in a box.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Where does that say what Blackburn had agreed to pay prior to the deal falling through?

It's not about that now it's about who gives him the most wages on Jan the 1st and there is another championship team interested in him so other clubs are obviously scouting and monitoring him so lets see what happens 

Sheffield Wednesday are the other side looking at him

Edited by Dryhorce

7 hours ago, Dryhorce said:

Half the teams leaving aren't they?So they would all be coming in to play,and most on significantly less money we need a striker though so suggest this guy

Are the EFL changing the rules?  You’ve suggested virtually every player who’s ever kicked a ball in Scotland!!

9 hours ago, Dryhorce said:

Will this mean IRN BRU and Haggis and Neeps on the concourse?

9 hours ago, Dryhorce said:

It's not about that now it's about who gives him the most wages on Jan the 1st and there is another championship team interested in him so other clubs are obviously scouting and monitoring him so lets see what happens 

Sheffield Wednesday are the other side looking at him

But he will cost a sum of money if a club wants to sign him in the summer, hence why Blackburn had agreed a sum of money to pay in the summer. he won't be a free signing.

Jimmy McSporran is currently scoring for fun for the Lossiemouth Rocket Snappers. He's an imposing presence at 5'7" and he'd boss it in the Championship. A snip at 10k/week. Jock Stauner at Yoker FC is also worth a look. He's a tough centre mid, known for big tackles and being a no nonsense hard man.

Just now, Anon said:

Jimmy McSporran is currently scoring for fun for the Lossiemouth Rocket Snappers. He's an imposing presence at 5'7" and he'd boss it in the Championship. A snip at 10k/week. Jock Stauner at Yoker FC is also worth a look. He's a tough centre mid, known for big tackles and being a no nonsense hard man.

I watched Jimmy McSporran the other week. He was in a titanic tussle against 6ft 5 centre back Bucky Fass for Aviemore Avalanche.

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think Gateshead a bit too far south of Dryhorce's scouting zone.