Exeter City V Derby County: player ratings

Ellafella

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 -that's the baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) Or Tv.

1Wildsmith

2Wilson

35Nelson

6Cashin

23Ward

20Elder

8Bird

32Adams

17Sibley

4Hourihane

12Smith

11Méndez-Laing

5Bradley

9Collins

27Blackett-Taylor

7Barkhuizen

1Wildsmith: 6.5 Apart from regulation catches, had Jack. A couple of kicks straight to touch.

2Wilson: 7 Defended well all game after his faux pas last Saturday. Good outlet first half with the odd quixotic run.

35Nelson: 8 Battle of Trafalgar stuff from the Admiral - except he didn't die 😀

6Cashin: 7.5 One close call 1st half when he mis-judged the greasy pitch bounce but another fine all-action, high-energy display.

23Ward: 6 Very late legs to see it out.

20Elder: 7.5 Probably his best yet. Intelligent straight defending against a tricky-dicky but never took his eye off the prize.

8Bird 🐦: 8 Lovely solo goal; plenty of industry. MoTM.

32Adams: 7.5 None shall pass. Almost got MoTM for me. That block!

17Sibley: 7.0 Very effective tackling and wasp-like chasing of the opposition when it was backs to the wall. 

4Hourihane: 6.0 Kept the ball moving but notably flagged mid-second half. 

12Smith: 6 Late legs and spoiled their momentum with periodic steals.

11Méndez-Laing: 7.5 Great goal, and an assist. Then dampened the burners to conserve himself for Saturday. Blazed over when clean through.

5Bradley 6.5: Mid-second half trooper stuff to block & clear. Seems more assured. 

9Collins: 7.0 Gargantuan energy and self-less work. 

27Blackett-Taylor: 5.0 Hasn't settled yet. Going through a bit of a lull. Waiting for when his engine finally goes full throttle which will come. 

7Barkhuizen: 7.0 Will o' the wisp rapidity over 5 yards and his favourite cut in and bend into into bottom right. Which was nice.

We seem to save our best for the away games. It would be churlish to downplay a 0-3 away to make a point about our home form so I won't. Well done Derby County. 

25 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 -that's the baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) Or Tv.

1Wildsmith 6.5 little to do. Kicking off at times again.

2Wilson 6.5 nearly caught out by a throw in again 1at half but otherwise a workmanlike performance

35Nelson 7 quietly efficient as usual.

6Cashin 7 the best partner for Nels. Error in the second half thankfully didn’t come to anything.

23Ward 6 no time to have any impact.

20Elder 7 Marshalled his channel well. Tackled and used the ball well. Joined in up field well. Improving game by game.

8Bird 7.5 I’ve been generally critical of his effort levels, but admit he did well tonigh. Benefitting from his new security guard.

32Adams 7.5 trying desperately to remain objective but COME ON! What we’ve been missing for the last 2 years.

17Sibley 6.5 played an intelligent game to see off their late threat.

4Hourihane 5.5 I’m feeling generous….

12Smith 6 nice to see Korey back on the pitch. More likely back-up for Adams than Fornah.

11Méndez-Laing 7.5 looked on it early which is generally a good indicator of what you’re going to get. Defended well early and stretched them up front. Great pace and finish.

5Bradley 6 thought we sat a bit too deep after he came on. Saw out the game.

9Collins 6 like Adams took a bit of a kicking. Dusted himself off and gave his usual effort for the team

27Blackett-Taylor 5.5 not really involved, perhaps due to his tight hammy? Willing to give him time

7Barkhuizen 7 superb finish. When on song he really is good to watch. 

1Wildsmith - 7 looked comfortable and makes me feel more at ease than Vickers 

2Wilson - 7 was more solid defensively than usual today 

35Nelson - 7.5 solid as always, what a player 

6Cashin - 7 one or two shakey moments but was solid as per

23Ward - 6

20Elder - 7.5 impressive again, been good when called upon as of late 

8Bird - 9 the man is on fire, if he keeps playing like this we will win more games of football

32Adams - 8.5 genuinely unbelievable, hopefully we can sign him in the summer. He’s been here only 2 weeks and looks like he’d die for the shirt.

17Sibley - 6

4Hourihane - 6 looked weak in some duels again and a few loose passes but wasn’t all that bad

12Smith - 6 nice to see him back 

11Méndez-Laing - 7.5 what a player when he plays well we’re such a better side 

5Bradley - 6, should start Saturday agaisnt a physical Stevenage side 

9Collins - 7 worked hard as always and had some nice build up play in the second half

27Blackett-Taylor - 5 was unlucky not a lot went down his side, stick with him I’m sure he will come good. Also wasn’t getting fouls a lot of refs would give 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

1Wildsmith 6.5

2Wilson 6.5

35Nelson 7

6Cashin 7

23Ward 5

20Elder 6

8Bird 8

32Adams 7

17Sibley 5.5

4Hourihane 6

12Smith 5.5

11Méndez-Laing 7

5Bradley 6

9Collins 6.5

27Blackett-Taylor 5

7Barkhuizen 7

1Wildsmith - 7

2Wilson - 6.5

35Nelson - 7

6Cashin - 7

23Ward - 6

20Elder - 7

8Bird - 9

32Adams - 8.5

17Sibley - 6.5

4Hourihane - 6

12Smith - 5.5

11Méndez-Laing - 7.5

5Bradley - 6

9Collins - 6

27Blackett-Taylor - 5

7Barkhuizen - 7

RamsTV

Edited by CBRammette

57 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

1Wildsmith - 7

2Wilson - 6

35Nelson - 6

6Cashin - 6.5

23Ward - 5.5

20Elder - 6

8Bird - 8.5

32Adams - 7.5

17Sibley - 5.5

4Hourihane - 6

12Smith - 5.5

11Méndez-Laing - 7.5

5Bradley - 5.5

9Collins - 4

27Blackett-Taylor - 4

7Barkhuizen - 6.5

You've really got a downer on Collins haven't you. 

1Wildsmith - 6

2Wilson - 8-magic in the second half

35Nelson - 7

6Cashin - 7

23Ward - 5-not on long enough

20Elder - 7

8Bird - 8

32Adams - 9

17Sibley - na not on long enough

4Hourihane - 5

12Smith - 5

11Méndez-Laing - 7

5Bradley - 1-cry baby 

9Collins - 5

27Blackett-Taylor - 5

7Barkhuizen - 8-changed the game bringing him on

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

1Wildsmith: 6.5 Apart from regulation catches, had Jack. A couple of kicks straight to touch.

2Wilson: 7 Defended well all game after his faux pas last Saturday. Good outlet first half with the odd quixotic run.

35Nelson: 8 Battle of Trafalgar stuff from the Admiral - except he didn't die 😀

6Cashin: 7.5 One close call 1st half when he mis-judged the greasy pitch bounce but another fine all-action, high-energy display.

23Ward: 6 Very late legs to see it out.

20Elder: 7.5 Probably his best yet. Intelligent straight defending against a tricky-dicky but never took his eye off the prize.

8Bird 🐦: 8 Lovely solo goal; plenty of industry. MoTM.

32Adams: 7.5 None shall pass. Almost got MoTM for me. That block!

17Sibley: 7.0 Very effective tackling and wasp-like chasing of the opposition when it was backs to the wall. 

4Hourihane: 6.0 Kept the ball moving but notably flagged mid-second half. 

12Smith: 6 Late legs and spoiled their momentum with periodic steals.

11Méndez-Laing: 7.5 Great goal, and an assist. Then dampened the burners to conserve himself for Saturday. Blazed over when clean through.

5Bradley 6.5: Mid-second half trooper stuff to block & clear. Seems more assured. 

9Collins: 7.0 Gargantuan energy and self-less work. 

27Blackett-Taylor: 5.0 Hasn't settled yet. Going through a bit of a lull. Waiting for when his engine finally goes full throttle which will come. 

7Barkhuizen: 7.0 Will o' the wisp rapidity over 5 yards and his favourite cut in and bend into into bottom right. Which was nice.

We seem to save our best for the away games. It would be churlish to downplay a 0-3 away to make a point about our home form so I won't. Well done Derby County. 

I agree with all of that - just ×2 it to include my scores.

1Wildsmith - 7.0 Not a huge amount between our keepers, but I think Joe edges it. Quiet game for him tonight behind an impressive defence.

2Wilson - 7.5 Feels like waste having him play deep, but he was resolute in defence today. Could have sulked a bit recently, but showed himself a team player instead.

35Nelson - 7.5 Man's an immovable object. Literally, have you seen the size of the fecker! Excellent as he nearly always seems to be. Skipper next season?

6Cashin - 7.0 Not quite at his imperious best, but a really good outing all the same. Tied up late with cramp and was sensibly pulled. Nice to have him back.

23Ward - 6.5 No time to judge really, so gets the median plus .5 for the win.

20Elder - 7.5 Possibly his best game and he's a lad whose confidence is returning at quite an opportune moment. He could prove to be a shrewd bit of business as it feels like there's more to come yet. I think he'll do better than ok. 

8Bird - 9.0 MOTM The lad's a prince and yet even tonight we have naysayers. At times he just looks levels above everyone else on the pitch and whilst it'll be a wrench having him leave, it'll be interesting to see how he fares back in the Championship. I still think he ends up in the  Premier League personally.

32Adams - 8.5 Nearly nabbed his 3rd MOTM award in so many games from yours truly. Only, the unstoppable Max Bird denied him. Was absolutely everywhere despite again being kicked from pillar to post. I'm not even sure he's human and I don't care cause he's ours. For now... 

17Sibley - 6.5 See Ward

4Hourihane - 6.5 Ticked over and looked a little sharper than of late without tearing up any trees. He'll probably net a brace against Stevenage just as we all give up on him again.

12Smith - 6 See Ward

11Méndez-Laing - 8.0 Well he might be rising 30 whatever, but he's still got wheels. Kicked in the turbos before a cheeky stab of the outside of his boot to make a tricky finish look easy. The lad's in the form of his life and seems to have settled right down at Derby. Things you love to see.

5Bradley - 6.5 See Ward

9Collins - 7.5 Bonkers. I mean the guy got no service all game, but was still pressing like a madman in the 97th minute. I don't know what he runs on, but if they could bottle it, you could probably power a small village with it. He's quite possibly the hardest working player I've seen and another who shows that age really is just a number for those who look after themselves.

27Blackett-Taylor - 6.0 Didn't look right at any point in time and duly hooked after tightening up a bit. Needs minding. There'll be better days ahead.

WarneWatch: This was a pretty clever plot, well executed. I was worried I'd be moaning 3rd game in a row, but **checks to see** nope, I've got nothing. Well done to you and the lads. Now, about them Stevenage lads...