Ronan Hale

Jubbs

3 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Gonna be honest, if you're 25 (ignore the article, he's not 22) and still playing at that level, it's highly likely you're not League 1 standard. Happily proven wrong but I don't think he's League 1 promotion 

Edited by caymanram

4 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Gonna be honest, if you're 25 (ignore the article, he's not 22) and still playing at that level, it's highly likely you're not League 1 standard. Happily proven wrong but I don't think he's League 1 promotion standard.

Parks where he wants Wisdom is finding his feet in National League north. Could argue he'd still do a job in league 1. Situations, confidence, luck all play a part in ones career, I don't think you can write anyone off in this world.

7 minutes ago, YouRams said:

luck all play a part in ones career, I don't think you can write anyone off in this world.

I'm not writing anyone off? Where have I written him off? I've expressed my concerns regarding the current standard he is playing at and has played at for 4 seasons.

4 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Gonna be honest, if you're 25 (ignore the article, he's not 22) and still playing at that level, it's highly likely you're not League 1 standard. Happily proven wrong but I don't think he's League 1 promotion standard.

A forgotten aspect with players around this age or just slightly younger is they had a lost season or so due to covid where youth/under 21/3 and the lower leagues were cancelled so it must have been an even harder journey for him to try make it as a professional footballer since he was released from Birmingham a year before covid. Some players need to take a step back to take two steps forward. Just take our own rejected academy products in Archie Brown, Timi Elsnik and Emil Riis as examples they've all moved to a 'lesser' league in other countries (latter two back home) and thrived and are now reaping the rewards in their careers. We'd have all of those back in a heartbeat.

Might I add also it must be hard for any player to get scouted in the Irish leagues when the camera footage is shocking 😂

Edited by eddielewis

31 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

The way this tweet has been worded and the follow up tweet, makes me think he's already signed for Portsmouth. This is their go-to journalist. 

He said this on Callum Lang and I can't work it out.

Does it mean there's no incomings at present (either Lang or Hale)? Or just no Lang 'incoming'?

3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Hale and Pace you say. Wasn't that Saunders and Goddards nicknames?

**One was full of ale(Saunders) and the other had no pace(Goddard). 😉

**Disclaimer: I made that bit up. Bloody loved those two and was gutted when we sold both. 

Unfortunately they were both before my time.