EFL TROPHY

3 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Taken from the Rules of the competition...

‘Full Available Strength’ means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

Qualifying Player means any Player who:

had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

First Team Fixture means the League Competition, Premier League, EFL Cup or FA Challenge Cup (but shall, in the context of Rules 7.4.3 and 7.4.4 only, also include this Competition).

Any EFL Club failing to meet the requirement to play Full Available Strength will be required to pay a fine of up to £5,000.

For the Invited Clubs, a registered player is one who would be registered and eligible to participate in a Premier League and/or, subject to Rules 7.9 and 7.10, Premier League 2 match commencing at the same time and on the same date as the Match in accordance with the provisions of the relevant Premier League rules.

Each Invited Club must ensure that in each Match:

at least six of the starting eleven players named on the Team Sheet are players who were aged under 21 as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned commenced; and

no more than two players who:

are aged 21 or over; and

have made 40 or more appearances in a First Team Fixture (either

in the starting elven or as a playing substitute)

in each case as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned, shall be named on the Team Sheet.

Ergo...

How many of the starting XI were U21 at Fleetwood. Nowhere near the 6 required. In the starting XI we will likely see JJ, Brown and Fapetu. Robinson will start or be on the bench. Weston and at least 1 more young un will make the "18".

Invited clubs are the under 21s Premier clubs though. 
Maybe we both should pay more attention to detail 😂

3 minutes ago, DJAY said:

Invited Club I took as the U21 teams (Wolves, Forest etc) that have been invited into the competition

I always thought all clubs were invited to take part. Just had a look at the rules and one of them says "All EFL Clubs (as defined in these Rules) shall take part in the Competition". I was wrong.

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Ask yourself this. If we get to the final, would you go? If the answer is yes, then maybe it is worth it.    I am sure, if the management team were not bothered about the competition, then it may be obvious in the team selection. 

I have read every post from @Foreveram this season, be that informative, complete twaddle, or breakfast related, so yes, I would like to be there, and I'm damn sure I should get some form of preferential priority when it comes to dishing out the tickets.

Ye gads, I've earned it!  

🐏

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I have read every post from @Foreveram this season, be that informative, complete twaddle, or breakfast related, so yes, I would like to be there, and I'm damn sure I should get some form of preferential priority when it comes to dishing out the tickets.

Ye gads, I've earned it!  

🐏

No me owd, you're just a glutton for punishment 🙂

52 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ye gads, I've earned it!  

🐏

Feedback Come Here GIF by Habitat

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm not too proud to admit that I'm a glory hunter (if you can define getting to the final of this trophy as glory 😀). I've not been to any of the games in this competition but I'll be there at Wembley if we make it (hopefully to see them win there. Both of my previous visits have ended in defeats - against QPR and Villa).

Mines 3 adding leicster to that.

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

You might struggle to get that going amongst the other 12 of you dotted around Wembley. 

That's the bloody annoying thing about Wembley.

You spend all season forming close bonds on the road with your band of brothers and sisters and then don't spot any of them amongst the picnic parties at the final. 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

You spend all season forming close bonds on the road with your band of brothers and sisters and then don't spot any of them amongst the picnic parties at the final. 

At the Villa game, I chose to split from my usual lot and get tickets in the "singing section".

Stupid, stupid decision.

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

There was room in that comment for mention of prawn cocktails, I would have thought!

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I applaud your, and everyone else’s, commitment and dedication in attending the “whatever it’s now called” cup 👍🏻 👏 

57 minutes ago, angieram said:

I feel the same at home matches, you get to know everyone who sits near you, but dont end up together at wembley.

59 minutes ago, angieram said:

Dont forget angie, not everyone can afford to go home and away.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

We could all meet up and stand on the stairway at one minute to kickoff 😉