EFL TROPHY

On 07/01/2024 at 00:54, uttoxram75 said:

Bloody kids.

I'm 63 and will be at Wembley with me Uttoxeter Rams flag acting like a kid on the Popside. I'll meet you for a pint old fella!

70 next month and I'll be there with me Benelux Rams flag and looking towards the kid's pen to see if I can spot yer Utcheter flag 🙂

I say go for it. As someone else posted, it is, hopefully, our last ever chance of winning it so we might as well go for it. We can't start a full first XI because of the rules of the competition. I'm expecting most of the bench from the weekend to start along with Fapetu. Bench a mix of 1st XI and U21's, one of which should be Weston. The kids should be OK as the 21s next game is Friday and the 18s on Saturday so not too close to the Bradford game.

Bradford are currently 14th in L2 so we should win and then we're just 2 games from Wembley and that would see at least 4 of us over for a weekend out or should I say out,out? 

Edited by MadAmster

9 hours ago, Magicman said:

Loach 

Bartlett Bradley Cox 

Ward Fepatu Robinson Thompson 

Weston Brown Wheeldon 

Great idea but I think we'll see a fair few bench sitters starting alongside young uns like Fapetu and Brown. I think we may well see Brown alongside JJ.

35 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

70 next month and I'll be there with me Benelux Rams flag and looking towards the kid's pen to see if I can spot yer Utcheter flag 🙂

I say go for it. As someone else posted, it is, hopefully, our last ever chance of winning it so we might as well go for it. We can't start a full first XI because of the rules of the competition. I'm expecting most of the bench from the weekend to start along with Fapetu. Bench a mix of 1st XI and U21's, one of which should be Weston. The kids should be OK as the 21s next game is Friday and the 18s on Saturday so not too close to the Bradford game.

Bradford are currently 14th in L2 so we should win and then we're just 2 games from Wembley and that would see at least 4 of us over for a weekend out or should I say out,out? 

We can start with a full first xI, in fact the rules state that we should play our strongest possible team.

We are three games from Wembley not two, apart from that, as you were 😉

Vickers 

Nelson Bradley Cashin 

Wilson Thompson  Bird  Elder

JJ    Collins   Sibley

Warne wants to win this cup so i believe he will go with a strong side. NML, Forsyth and Hourihane need a rest and i think the back 3 with Bradley playing needs more game time together. Elder and JJ also need more match fitness. Would like to see some of the younger lads on the bench though.

Feels a bit tinpot at first due to the U21 teams involvement.

For a club in our position though it’s clearly more winnable than both the FA and League Cup, now we’re so close, be daft not to take it seriously.

Wish they would sack off the U21 teams and bring in Championship clubs, extend the format. Would hold more value in the earlier stages.

Ask yourself this. If we get to the final, would you go? If the answer is yes, then maybe it is worth it.    I am sure, if the management team were not bothered about the competition, then it may be obvious in the team selection. 

4 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Ask yourself this. If we get to the final, would you go? If the answer is yes, then maybe it is worth it.    I am sure, if the management team were not bothered about the competition, then it may be obvious in the team selection. 

I'm not too proud to admit that I'm a glory hunter (if you can define getting to the final of this trophy as glory 😀). I've not been to any of the games in this competition but I'll be there at Wembley if we make it (hopefully to see them win there. Both of my previous visits have ended in defeats - against QPR and Villa).

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm not too proud to admit that I'm a glory hunter (if you can define getting to the final of this trophy as glory 😀). I've not been to any of the games in this competition but I'll be there at Wembley if we make it (hopefully to see them win there. Both of my previous visits have ended in defeats - against QPR and Villa).

Bolton & Peterborough still left in, so no guarantees.

34 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Been to all the previous games in the competition, going tomorrow and been to every Derby appearance at Wembley since 1975, so it’s a yes from me.

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

We can start with a full first xI, in fact the rules state that we should play our strongest possible team.

To be fair to @MadAmster, he was correct.  He said "win and then we're just 2 games from Wembley". COYR.

I don't quite understand the clamour made by those who have attended the EFL games, and kicking up a fuss that they should get priority for the Wembley should we get there. There's been gates of circa 3k each game, the Bolton/Plymouth final last season had 80k in attendance. There isn't going to be much high level media attendance, or much interest from the Club Wembley members, but even if we do deduct say 10k from the 80k, heck even 20k off it. That's still 30-35k allocation to each team, so 10x the attendance in the early rounds. We currently get attendances around the 26-28k mark, removing away allocation, lets call it 26k. This still allows 4-9k extras to be sold than on a normal attendance. 

In addition to that, I can't recall the team - but I remember in one of the recent Wembley finals - one team sold out their allocation very quickly, the opposition struggled, so the sell outs were given a sizeable allocation from the opposition. 

Overall, everyone should just chill out and enjoy us competing in a competition that we have a fairly good chance of winning, or at least getting to the final in. Then if we do get to the final, be rest assured that the final is played at Wembley, not the likes of Stevenage/Burton/Fleetwood and there's going to enough tickets for all.

21 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I don't quite understand the clamour made by those who have attended the EFL games, and kicking up a fuss that they should get priority for the Wembley should we get there. There's been gates of circa 3k each game, the Bolton/Plymouth final last season had 80k in attendance. There isn't going to be much high level media attendance, or much interest from the Club Wembley members, but even if we do deduct say 10k from the 80k, heck even 20k off it. That's still 30-35k allocation to each team, so 10x the attendance in the early rounds. We currently get attendances around the 26-28k mark, removing away allocation, lets call it 26k. This still allows 4-9k extras to be sold than on a normal attendance. 

In addition to that, I can't recall the team - but I remember in one of the recent Wembley finals - one team sold out their allocation very quickly, the opposition struggled, so the sell outs were given a sizeable allocation from the opposition. 

Overall, everyone should just chill out and enjoy us competing in a competition that we have a fairly good chance of winning, or at least getting to the final in. Then if we do get to the final, be rest assured that the final is played at Wembley, not the likes of Stevenage/Burton/Fleetwood and there's going to enough tickets for all.

Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Taken from the Rules of the competition...

‘Full Available Strength’ means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

Qualifying Player means any Player who:

had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

First Team Fixture means the League Competition, Premier League, EFL Cup or FA Challenge Cup (but shall, in the context of Rules 7.4.3 and 7.4.4 only, also include this Competition).

Any EFL Club failing to meet the requirement to play Full Available Strength will be required to pay a fine of up to £5,000.

For the Invited Clubs, a registered player is one who would be registered and eligible to participate in a Premier League and/or, subject to Rules 7.9 and 7.10, Premier League 2 match commencing at the same time and on the same date as the Match in accordance with the provisions of the relevant Premier League rules.

Each Invited Club must ensure that in each Match:

at least six of the starting eleven players named on the Team Sheet are players who were aged under 21 as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned commenced; and

no more than two players who:

are aged 21 or over; and

have made 40 or more appearances in a First Team Fixture (either

in the starting elven or as a playing substitute)

in each case as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned, shall be named on the Team Sheet.

Ergo... you CAN'T to play the strongest team as you have to include a whole host of U21s in the squad and we WILL have some youngsters starting

How many of the starting XI were U21 at Fleetwood. Nowhere near the 6 required. In the starting XI we will likely see JJ, Brown and Fapetu. Robinson will start or be on the bench. Weston and at least 1 more young un will make the "18".

Edited by MadAmster

4 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Taken from the Rules of the competition...

‘Full Available Strength’ means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

Qualifying Player means any Player who:

had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

First Team Fixture means the League Competition, Premier League, EFL Cup or FA Challenge Cup (but shall, in the context of Rules 7.4.3 and 7.4.4 only, also include this Competition).

Any EFL Club failing to meet the requirement to play Full Available Strength will be required to pay a fine of up to £5,000.

For the Invited Clubs, a registered player is one who would be registered and eligible to participate in a Premier League and/or, subject to Rules 7.9 and 7.10, Premier League 2 match commencing at the same time and on the same date as the Match in accordance with the provisions of the relevant Premier League rules.

Each Invited Club must ensure that in each Match:

at least six of the starting eleven players named on the Team Sheet are players who were aged under 21 as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned commenced; and

no more than two players who:

are aged 21 or over; and

have made 40 or more appearances in a First Team Fixture (either

in the starting elven or as a playing substitute)

in each case as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned, shall be named on the Team Sheet.

Ergo...

How many of the starting XI were U21 at Fleetwood. Nowhere near the 6 required. In the starting XI we will likely see JJ, Brown and Fapetu. Robinson will start or be on the bench. Weston and at least 1 more young un will make the "18".

Invited Club I took as the U21 teams (Wolves, Forest etc) that have been invited into the competition

Edited by DJAY