That Conor Washington Fella

Day

18 hours ago, Srg said:

I prefer to call a spade a spade regardless. Do I want him to score? Yes. Do I want him to play well? Yes. Do I want him to prove me wrong? Absolutely. If he’s played badly, he’s played badly. There’s no amount of putting lipstick on a pig or happy clapping claiming you’re a full fan going to change that. 

This whole mob malarkey is just nonsense. As you’ve proven with Bradley. He was playing awful, he played well and everyone has commended him for it. It’s that simple. 

It’s not about being happy clappy and if he plays badly in a particular game I have no problem him being criticised.

What I dislike intensely is the way in certain quarters individual players are cast as the ones to kick on a regular basis. It’s destructive it’s a kind of remote bullying. If this was a real playground there’d be a group picking out the likes of Collins, Bradley, Malone for special “attention” They were even on Vydras back for a short while. 
Yes there is always a mob

4 minutes ago, jono said:

It’s not about being happy clappy and if he plays badly in a particular game I have no problem him being criticised.

What I dislike intensely is the way in certain quarters individual players are cast as the ones to kick on a regular basis. It’s destructive it’s a kind of remote bullying. If this was a real playground there’d be a group picking out the likes of Collins, Bradley, Malone for special “attention” They were even on Vydras back for a short while. 

There is a real playground, it’s usually behind the goal at away games.🥹

4 hours ago, jono said:

In fairness I reckon both Collins and Bradley could have handled themselves in the playground. I wonder how many folk who take the keyboard criticism to the excesses (and beyond fair and reasonable) would actually say this directly to the players if they met them (and no I don’’t count shouting faceless abuse when you’re part of a 1,500 away or 25,000 home crowd).

I suspect there are very few.  

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Didnt he come on as sub for NI last night and play over 30 mins? With our lack of options up front why is even there if coming back from injury? Would other clubs allow or risk that? Or have I missed something re why he was out? Or are there 2 washingtons for NI?

I don’t think we have a say, it’s not like it was a meaningless friendly, it was a qualifier and he must’ve been fit enough to play a part. 

Terrible result for NI in the end! 

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don’t think we have a say, it’s not like it was a meaningless friendly, it was a qualifier and he must’ve been fit enough to play a part. 

Terrible result for NI in the end! 

Cannot imagine EPL clubs doing that in same circumstances or even with cut finger!