Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

57 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Tell me if you understand this garbled message, that might help. 😄

"If they had won all three games, I told them the truth, they would have had a longer period off," said Warne, Derby's head coach. "If they didn't then I would see them Thursday. We'll address everything I spoke to them about in the dressing room. I'll show them what I've seen on the tape. We'll then go and train and then they can have three days away from my voice. It's not a punishment culture. It's not like we lost the game and the gaffer is going to have us running up hills at 6am.

"It is a reward thing. If they had won three home games then I would feel like they deserved it. That's how I know how they tried because they wanted the days off. We were just a bit short. Whether that was energy or anything else, it's difficult to say after the game."

A Derbyshire Live article? They are garbled messes of amateur journalism at the best of times 😆

16 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Paul Warne might, however, discover that his January kitty is not as big as it could be or that he wanted.

Possibly but I doubt it.

We are still under an agreed business plan.

Dont think EFL would sign off on a transfer kitty which was contingent on us getting past the first round of the FA Cup.

5 hours ago, DRBee said:

The barometer is that we were within 2 minutes of going out of the competition and could well have been out . Sadly that happened last night  and we clearly learnt nothing from the first tie about how to combat a team which  packs the defence.

has warne ever changed his tactics since he's been here? It's just cross it in until something falls for you every game

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Possibly but I doubt it.

We are still under an agreed business plan.

Dont think EFL would sign off on a transfer kitty which was contingent on us getting past the first round of the FA Cup.

We don't of course know. Personally, were I the efl I would have signed off a plan that no more than x% of revenue after fixed costs would be available for additional players.

That recognizes the foolishness of trying to "plan" by fixing highly uncertain numbers in absolute terms.

But you're right that it's all speculation.

10 hours ago, BondJovi said:

I see it differently.

I sensed a whole club mentality after the Wolves game. We had two ideal opportunities since to build on that. Particularly Weston. Think how good he felt after the Wolves match. We could easily have given him the last 15 -20 against Barnsley. Then last night, none of those senior players could have any complaints if they got subbed for a youngster. At 3-1 the game was perfectly set for a cup hero, no real pressue, just go out and see if you can get us back in. But no. All that good from the Wolves game wasted. That fire and desire in Weston dampened as he sits and watches players going through the motions. I imagine he feels somewhat deflated.

It just cements my opinion that Warne is not a risk taker and he sees anyone under 21/20 as a risk, with very little trust. For a club with an academy that we have done a lot of work to get back in shape it concerns me greatly.

@YorkshireRamcant hear you. 
200.gif

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm sure being a clever businessman, he will not have budgeted for FA Cup income beyond the first round.

Of course it would have been a welcome bonus but nothing more than that.

Of course.  But what he budgets for and what he hopes for will be two different things.

16 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

We don't of course know. Personally, were I the efl I would have signed off a plan that no more than x% of revenue after fixed costs would be available for additional players.

That recognizes the foolishness of trying to "plan" by fixing highly uncertain numbers in absolute terms.

But you're right that it's all speculation.

If I were the EFL...

Actually, forget that, I'd be writing that post all night 😂

Just now, DCFC Kicks said:

Everyone banging on about a possible lack of transfer budget as an excuse for our performances - We just deservedly lost to a club whose entire squad value is around £4m, and who haven't actually spent a fee on a player for almost 10 years. 

Have they been on the brink of going bust, had their best young talent taken for a pittance and started a season with just 5 senior players on the books?

Genuine question as I have no idea about Crewe.

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Have they been on the brink of going bust, had their best young talent taken for a pittance and started a season with just 5 senior players on the books?

Genuine question as I have no idea about Crewe.

I'm not sure that's relevant because we're not in that situation now. We've spent more in the last 2 transfer windows than Crewe have in 10+ years 

As far as I'm aware, Crewe have been a 3rd or 4th tier club for ever. Don't think they've done much else. 

10 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I'm not sure that's relevant because we're not in that situation now. We've spent more in the last 2 transfer windows than Crewe have in 10+ years 

As far as I'm aware, Crewe have been a 3rd or 4th tier club for ever. Don't think they've done much else. 

I thought they'd had a season or two in the Championship.

14 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

We've not spent a penny in the last 2 transfer windows.

Crewe were a second tier club at the turn of the century.

They were a club that had a reputation for a fantastic youth system which produced many top level players.