Palestine

Alph

21 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Maybe, if it had just been drones, but 120 ballistic missiles suggests that they were hoping more would get through than seemingly did.

It's undoubtedly an escalation in respect of Iran v Israel, so if it does turn out to be "quits" I'll be both surprised and hugely relieved.

https://news.sky.com/story/ten-year-old-girl-injured-by-shrapnel-after-over-300-drones-and-missiles-launched-by-iran-at-israel-13114842

2 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

No it will be a sh!t storm, Navy, Airforce at the ready, USA/UK will/have supported in the defence of the drones, Hunker down people this is fcuking War.

My view is all Iran has done is proven to the world they can’t successfully hit Israel with large quantities of missiles. Even the Iranian ballistic missiles only 7 of the 115, or so,  launched made it through to the target. The Israelis will most certainly retaliate, the Israelis are masters of doing the unexpected, the six day war, the raid on Entebbe, to name just 2 instances. 

I think that Israel will consider its options, whatever they decide to do they know that it’s important that any action they do take that Iran and its supporters know that it was Israel that inflicted it upon them. 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

3 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

My view is all Iran has done is proven to the world they can’t successfully launch missiles at Israel. Even the Iranian ballistic missiles only 7 of the 115, or so,  launched made it through to the target. The Israelis will most certainly retaliate, the Israelis are masters of doing the unexpected, the six day war, the raid on Entebbe, to name just 2 instances. 

I think that Israel will consider its options whatever they decide to do they know that it’s important that any action they do take that Iran and its supporters know that it was Israel that inflicted it upon them. 

IMO the strike on Iran's embassy was a ploy to draw Iran into conflict the USA would have known also, Iran obliged, Israel/USA would have known what to expect so planned for it, All boxes ticked, All chess pieces set, A response within the week

3 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

IMO the strike on Iran's embassy was a ploy to draw Iran into conflict the USA would have known also, Iran obliged, Israel/USA would have known what to expect so planned for it, All boxes ticked, All chess pieces set, A response within the week

I think we should expect the unexpected 👍

25 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Possibly, but I think it's more likely that Israel did it unilaterally knowing that an Iranian retaliation would ensure continuing support from the US in the face of the US public disquiet about Israel's actions in Gaza and the West Bank. I doubt very much that BIden wants to become directly involved in a war with Iran, particularly in an election year, because overseas wars have become very unpopular at home. Of course, if Iran strikes directly at US bases or assets, he won't be able to avoid it.

41 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Possibly, but I think it's more likely that Israel did it unilaterally knowing that an Iranian retaliation would ensure continuing support from the US in the face of the US public disquiet about Israel's actions in Gaza and the West Bank. I doubt very much that BIden wants to become directly involved in a war with Iran, particularly in an election year, because overseas wars have become very unpopular at home. Of course, if Iran strikes directly at US bases or assets, he won't be able to avoid it.

It's a tough call Crewton I just don't see Israel going it alone without the USAs support beforehand, There's Red Bat phones 😉 in most Countries for heads of state/security...even enemies to have contact with each other, Iran told the USA they would strike Israel.

We're all aware of Israels potential, But without the weaponry the West supply Israel wouldn't be the power they are...imo

My wish...all involved take a step back...breath and call it even...but we're dealing here with Religion and hatred...and for Millenia this is what sets mankind apart 🙄    

From the BBC

Israel and US were well prepared for Iran's attack

Jonathan Beale

Defence correspondent

Israel, with the help of the United States, was well prepared for Iran’s attack.

It had been telegraphed in advance. But more importantly both Israel and the United States had sophisticated air defence systems already in place.

Israel has had plenty of experience shooting down simultaneous rocket attacks by Hamas from Gaza over many years.

Israel has sophisticated air defences, including its Iron Dome system, David’s Sling and Arrow aerial defence system - which have all been used to take out Hamas rockets.

The US has also been dealing with similar threats in the Red Sea – shooting down drones, cruise missiles and ballistic missiles fired by the Iranian backed Houthis in Yemen.

US jets on the USS Dwight D Eisenhower have also been involved in destroying Houthi drones from the air, while the carrier strike group’s Arleigh Burke class of guided-missile destroyers have been successfully intercepting drones and missiles on a regular bases over the past four months.

In other words, both Israel and the US already knew they had the military capabilities to successfully intercept Iranian weapons.

On 13/04/2024 at 14:59, Eddie said:

Looks like it really was "Operation Shoot Down These Drones We Launched So We Can Save Face By Seemingly Retaliating For Damascus And We'll Call It Quits".

That fairly sums it up.  Iran does not desire a regional war, at least not at this time, or they would have attacked with much more intensity, of which they are fully capable along with their allies, Hezbollah, Iraqi militias and Houthi.  Israeli forces would run out of anti missile, drone capabilities long before Iran and their helpers would run out of drones and missiles.  In just this limited attack Israel needed help from USA, Britain, Jordan etc, they do not come out looking strong, no matter how western media will try to spin it.  Iran easily exposed Israeli weaknesses and thereby made their point, satisfying their local supporters and others. 

IMO Palestinians are the excuse Iran needs to confront their main rivals, Israel and USA in a controlled manner.  Palestinians really are friendless, abused by all, mere pawns in a greater game of regional influence.

Edited by ramit
wording

On 29/03/2024 at 04:17, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Horrible horrible bloke

He’s very good at showing the hypocrisy of the left, and of the organisation’s LGBTetc,etc. 

Queers for Palestine?  The people who throw gay people off the nearest high rise building for pleasure.

He’s a very erudite man, and gay.

Lord Libya Cameron out doing the media rounds. 

Absolutely smashing it. He's like a shiny John Kirby. 

Lots of Israelis can't go home, he said. That's unimaginable. Missile strikes could have killed thousands, he said. We can't allow that to happen. Not on our watch. If there's one thing we won't do it's stand by while people are displaced and killed on a huge scale. 

Bravo, my Lord Brexiteer

23 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

I may be wrong but I believe the attack technically was not on the embassy but a building adjacent to the embassy itself. 

35 minutes ago, Alph said:

Lord Libya Cameron out doing the media rounds. 

Absolutely smashing it. He's like a shiny John Kirby. 

Lots of Israelis can't go home, he said. That's unimaginable. Missile strikes could have killed thousands, he said. We can't allow that to happen. Not on our watch. If there's one thing we won't do it's stand by while people are displaced and killed on a huge scale. 

Bravo, my Lord Brexiteer

Little bit of politics there?

58 minutes ago, David Graham Brown said:

He’s very good at showing the hypocrisy of the left, and of the organisation’s LGBTetc,etc. 

Queers for Palestine?  The people who throw gay people off the nearest high rise building for pleasure.

He’s a very erudite man, and gay.

And Islamophobic