Palestine

Alph

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

War and Natural Gas:

The Israeli Invasion and Gaza’s Offshore Gas Fields

by Michel Chossudovsky

January 8, 2009

The December 2008 military invasion of the Gaza Strip by Israeli Forces bears a direct relation to the control and ownership of strategic offshore gas reserves. 

This is a war of conquest. Discovered in 2000, there are extensive gas reserves off the Gaza coastline. 

British Gas (BG Group) and its partner, the Athens based Consolidated Contractors International Company (CCC) owned by Lebanon’s Sabbagh and Koury families, were granted oil and gas exploration rights in awith the 25 year agreement signed in November 1999 Palestinian Authority.

The rights to the offshore gas field are respectively British Gas (60 percent); Consolidated Contractors (CCC) (30 percent); and the Investment Fund of the Palestinian Authority (10 percent). (Haaretz, October 21,  2007).

The PA-BG-CCC agreement includes field development and the construction of a gas pipeline.(Middle East Economic Digest, Jan 5, 2001).

The BG licence covers the entire Gazan offshore marine area, which is contiguous to several Israeli offshore gas facilities. (See Map below). It should be noted that 60 percent of the gas reserves along the Gaza-Israel coastline belong to Palestine.

Probably just coincidence that the 25 year old agreement is nearly up.

You know what else they’ve got in Gaza? A f*** ton of sunshine. It’s 202-f******-3, why do we still care about oil reserves like the Beverly hill billies?! Why are we still fighting over it?!

13 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Why do we let them get away with it. It’s not like this is a weird, illuminati conspiracy theory at this point. It’s just a known fact. Rich people get richer through war.

Its f****** sick that the powerful play games with the lives of ordinary people just trying to live their lives. For what? Ultimately it’s just for money.

If Putin was genuinely doing it for the good of his people, then maybe that’s what being a good leader is, or netinyahu, or trump, or whoever the head of hamas is, or any of those dick heads. But they’re not. None of them gives a s*** about what happens to ordinary people.

little men playing at being gods. But they’re just little men that everyone hates and the world would be considerably better off without them. 

I have a bee in my bonnet. I should probably lie down. 

Unfortunately, until more of us realise what the root causes of war are they will keep getting away with it.

4 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Unfortunately, until more of us realise what the root causes of war are they will keep getting away with it.

When I was younger I used to think that religion was the root cause of war. Now I’ve grown up, I’ve realised that’s not the case at all. The war mongers don’t give a s*** about religion either. 

14 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Money power is the root cause of most evil in this world, the money movers are humanity's worst enemy.  My generation has been hoodwinked by these insatiable gangsters, fallen for their divide and rule tactics and failed to protect democracy.  I tell my son and his friends it is up to them to do better than we have and to inspire us to join their efforts.

2 hours ago, ramit said:

Money power is the root cause of most evil in this world, the money movers are humanity's worst enemy.  My generation has been hoodwinked by these insatiable gangsters, fallen for their divide and rule tactics and failed to protect democracy

It's called Kleptocracy I believe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kleptocracy

8 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

When I was younger I used to think that religion was the root cause of war. Now I’ve grown up, I’ve realised that’s not the case at all. The war mongers don’t give a s*** about religion either. 

Religion isn't necessarily the root cause, but it's a hugely convenient thing to use to justify wars - most religions are all or nothing and demand that anyone who doesn't worship the same sky pixie should be treated with utter contempt - it's then a small step for those craving power to persuade simple minds that they should to want to destroy the non-believers at any cost.....

Not the most popular man worldwide but it does seem that some people have human rights while others are collateral damage. Some borders we respect and others are blurred lines. 

The Arab world has had enough it seems. Russia/Ukraine has highlighted the hypocrisy and exposed the Imperialists. 

It would be nice to see Britain and the EU to stop pushing US propaganda and policies. 

Edited by Alpha

Keir Stamer bundled into a car, protected from protestors. 

He does believe that some people need protection then? Finally coming 'round to the idea.

Not seen whether Sunak will get the same treatment. He's busy right now running Biden his bath.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

basically, tell the world that there was a Hamas commander in amongst the innocent you slaughter. Simple. Nobody will ask for evidence.

We've seen Israeli "evidence" many times. We see less of the evidence that contradicts the "evidence" though. Like when the media went after the New York Times for accusing Israel of bombing a hospital. But it suddenly went quiet when NYT spent time collecting all the footage and asked why the hospital was struck 30 seconds after the Israel "proof". 

No further discussion. Old news. Move on to the Rafah border crossing news that suits the narrative

"Hamas commander dead"

So.... Are you purposely funneling Palestinians into traps knowing that Hamas will try to escape among them? 

Or did you somehow gather intel from the camp and decide the human cost of a Hamas commander? 

If 1 Hamas commander is worth 50 Palestinian families in a refugee camp then are 1,400 Jews worth exposing the entire West as hypocrites who support Apartheid war criminal governments and draw attention to the plight of Palestinians? This "collateral damage" term only works one way though. 

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its just industrial slaughter now. 

Still, it should be good for shareholder value in BP.

Do you think anybody will be held accountable or anything might change?

Obviously I'm not Muslim/Arab but I know within Muslim community there will be long lasting effects/division with how The West has behaved here. The hypocrisy with Ukraine Russia has made many feel that they now know where they stand. Previous wars taken into account

This conflict has been a passion of mine for some years (I spent some time working with a Palestinian) and for years it's been hushed and backbenched. The total injustice and hypocrisy is not new at all. Hearing these hypocrites and their selective story telling has just made any pro Palestinian so angry even before now. 

To have it done so blatantly while the evidence is spilled out all over the internet is enough to drive people to support Iranian funded terrorism. Because they're no more evil than the evil they fight.

I'm not even Arab or Muslim of course but I don't think you have to be. But I can only imagine how betrayed those communities will feel in the West.

It's all very sad. I know that Palestinians will have to accept some situations they won't like even if they had a state. There's definitely got to be work by both sides to find peace. Iran use Palestinians as pawns. But this is just criminal. Sunak, Biden, Stamer, Netenyahu.... Criminals and murderers

Edited by Alpha

On 30/10/2023 at 12:28, ariotofmyown said:

Gaza’s Hamas-run health ministry has issued updated casualty figures, claiming that since Israel began its strikes on 7 October it has killed 8,306 Palestinians, including 3,457 children. Israel began its latest military campaign after the Hamas attack inside Israel on 7 October which killed more than 1,400 Israelis.

There is no…….I cannot believe what you have posted emoji so had to be a laughing emoji instead. 
That fact you had to edit your original post in your reply explains everything. 

Edited by cstand

38 minutes ago, Alpha said:

What?

Whoops got you Ariotofmyown mixed up.😀

I don’t think adding fuel to the fire which is already burning too bright is a very good idea.

Especially calling MPs murderers already had two MPs killed in this country we don’t want anymore MPs being targeted. 

Edited by cstand

5 minutes ago, cstand said:

Whoops got you Ariotofmyown mixed up.😀

I don’t think adding fuel to the fire which is already burning too bright is a very good idea.

Especially calling MPs murderers already had two MPs killed in this country we don’t want anymore MPs being targeted. 

Sunak to Netenyahu who's committing war crimes “I'm proud to stand with you in Israel's darkest hour as your friend, we will stand with you in solidarity, we will stand with your people, and we want you to win.”

Collective punishment seems fine when it's Palestinians or Russians. Whether it be American missiles fired from Israel or sanctions on Russian citizens. Guilty by association works fine then. 

But when it's our Government backing the occupier to defeat the occupied on the back of over 50 years of oppression we want them to be able to distance themselves from it? Despite them not calling for a ceasefire and only humanitarian pauses. An MP was sacked wasn't he for not supporting the stance. He wanted Palestinians to stop being killed. 

My "edit" as far as I remember was to add "previous wars taken into account"

Because "Sir" Tony Blair and Co went into Iraq on false claims. 

You can pretend I'm encouraging violence on politicians if you want. If that's your main concern when over 8,000 innocent people are killed in occupied Palestine and isolated, blacked out Gaza. Settler violence is also on the rise. But hopefully nobody says anything mean to Sunak or Stamer.