Can anyone actually name a single improvement Warne has done since arriving?

GeneralRam

5 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Genuinely, whats his plan A ?

Can’t be bothered explaining to you , perhaps listen to what he says he is trying to produce , if you don’t like that or don’t think he is capable of producing it then fine with me , but all this he has no clue guff is just hyperbole, the bloke has had 3 promotion s from div one in quick successionΒ 

4 hours ago, Archied said:

So it an absolute given he is going to outscore last season now he is even lower down the pyramid πŸ‘,

how’s he doing , is he on course ? I honestly don’t know , let’s see at the end if you are right , oh and injuries won’t count count / excuse because it’s clear warne kept him fit all season in the same way injuries in other players are down to him ,

you don’t like the bloke as derby manager ,, that’s ok πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

🀣🀣🀣 what !?

ok, lets try it this way, can you actually name one thing that Paul Warne is definitely responsible for improving?

He seems like a nice guy, just not a very good managerial fit for a club like ours is my point.Β 

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

🀣🀣🀣 what !?

ok, lets try it this way, can you actually name one thing that Paul Warne is definitely responsible for improving?

He seems like a nice guy, just not a very good managerial fit for a club like ours is my point.Β 

Let’s try it this way then πŸ˜‚

Ok you’ve ignored mcg best ever season πŸ˜‚

then cashin when you said no one else had played well πŸ˜‚

away results ?

Edited by Archied

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Can’t be bothered explaining to you , perhaps listen to what he says he is trying to produce , if you don’t like that or don’t think he is capable of producing it then fine with me , but all this he has no clue guff is just hyperbole, the bloke has had 3 promotion s from div one in quick successionΒ 

So you don't know then? Stop saying all this no clue stuff is rubbish, what is he actually doing that has won your support.

Yeah, he's also been relegated from the championship several times, so whatever he's doing clearly doesn't work any higher up.

4 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

🀣🀣🀣 what !?

On a serious note though , he has a lot to prove as to whether he is a good managerial fit for a club like ours as I’ve already stated quite often before , though in my eyes that not about formations , style of play ect , in my view that’s about the different mindset , pressure of expectation and budget available at derby rather than Rotherham and yes that may actually play into how we play especially at home ,

im not totally against against you or think I’m anymore right than you it’s just it’s just that you’ve swung to a position that has no balance and is blinkered and full of hyperbole πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

16 minutes ago, Archied said:

If you read my posts you will find im pretty much in agreement with what I’m seeing on the pitch this season is not at all what warne says he is sending the team out to do or matching what you expect from how we are setting up , the difference I guess is that I’m willing to give a bit more time to see if he can turn it round and produce , is that right or wrong ? Who knows , it’s just where I am at the moment , if he doesn’t get it right then of course his time will run out with me , im no different from most in that I’ve been watching derby county for many many years and want us being the best we can be πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

I'm with you on this.

The funny thing is, I think this thread might have collaboratively but unintentionally hit upon the problem: Plan A is 3-5-2 and it turns out that it's not actually a plan.

On a positive note, Plan B is going slightly better, and when we get to Plan C (goals at the right end) we'll be cooking!

6 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

So you don't know then? Stop saying all this no clue stuff is rubbish, what is he actually doing that has won your support.

Yeah, he's also been relegated from the championship several times, so whatever he's doing clearly doesn't work any higher up.

You obviously come from the fingers in ears wear people down school of thought πŸ˜‚

away results ?

32 minutes ago, Archied said:

I think part of the problem with listening to what he says, is that he says what he wants to happen on the pitch, but then seems to go out of his way to make it not happen.Β  He says he wants lots of crosses into the box, then we start the season with wingbacks (including Thompson or Elder at left wingback), and only one central striker getting in the box.Β  He says we want lots of pressing from the front, then we play NML for 90 minutes every week until he can barely move and start with the most immobile midfield we can find.Β  He says he wants 3 at the back, then doesn't sign a genuine left wingback and signs Bradley who very obviously doesn't have the legs for it any more. He says he wants us very fit and playing gas out football, yet we look absolutely knackered every single week.Β  And so on and so no.

If we could see what we were trying to do, and maybe it wasn't clicking yet, he'd have a lot more people behind him.Β  Even if they didn't really like the way he was setting us up.

20 minutes ago, Archied said:

Let’s try it this way then πŸ˜‚

Ok you’ve ignored mcg best ever season πŸ˜‚

then cashin when you said no one else had played well πŸ˜‚

away results ?

I already explained the point about Didzy, you chose to ignore it. And FYI he has 4 goals in 8 this season. Your statement about the injuries is laughable. How on earth can you credit warne for keeping him fit all season? By that logic, an arsenal defender could go in for a tackle on Haaland this weekend, break his leg, and it'd be pep's fault🀣

Cashin had a good season yes, but he wasn't fantastic as you said. As i stated earlier, many more players were poor vs good, that's the managers responsibility.Β 

The away results have been very mixed. We beat Burton Albion and Carlisle who we should be beating, and then somehow beat Peterborough 4-2 with only 4 shots and them being unlucky not to get 5.Β 
Last season the results fell away massively home and away which again argues against your point.

Β 

32 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I already explained the point about Didzy, you chose to ignore it. And FYI he has 4 goals in 8 this season. Your statement about the injuries is laughable. How on earth can you credit warne for keeping him fit all season? By that logic, an arsenal defender could go in for a tackle on Haaland this weekend, break his leg, and it'd be pep's fault🀣

Cashin had a good season yes, but he wasn't fantastic as you said. As i stated earlier, many more players were poor vs good, that's the managers responsibility.Β 

The away results have been very mixed. We beat Burton Albion and Carlisle who we should be beating, and then somehow beat Peterborough 4-2 with only 4 shots and them being unlucky not to get 5.Β 
Last season the results fell away massively home and away which again argues against your point.

Β 

But warne is responsible for injuries then not responsible for players staying injury free πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

cashin again same scenarioΒ 

away results same scenarioΒ 

there’s a pattern here πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ , warne ALL bad down to him Β , ANY good nothing to do with him ,

how can anybody take you seriously πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

8 hours ago, Archied said:

But warne is responsible for injuries then not responsible for players staying injury free πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

there’s a pattern here πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ , warne ALL bad down to him Β , ANY good nothing to do with him ,

honestly, don't know what your trying to say here.Β 

8 hours ago, Archied said:

what are you on about? injuries are just a part of football, the manager isn't responsible either way

again, iv'e already explained the results were not very good, especially 2nd half of last season, you don't seem to be able to see that.

Re. Cashin, don't know what your trying to say, i said he had a good season.

Your saying anything bad is down to warne and anything good is not him? Well what are those good things? And don't just say Cashin & Didzy again as i've already explained thats not warne.

Β 

On 16/09/2023 at 17:38, GeneralRam said:

I posted this in the Portsmouth thread but I think it’s a good topic.

I actually can’t think of one.

Sorry, in a grumpy mood but this is a stupid topic. Warne took over from Liam who was an interim manager while the club lurched away from catastrophe. What sort of β€œimprovement” were you thinking about.Β 
Β 

wait 9-12 months and have a new thread that says how has Warne done since we stepped away from the edge of a the most god awful poo storm.Β 

He’s improved the spine of the side to why we had before

Β  Β  Β Wildsmith

Nelson Β  Β  Β  Cashin

Smith Β  Β  Β  Β Fornah

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Bird

Β  Β  Β  Β  Collins

You’d expect Hourihane to make his way in most likely for Smith at some point, Sibley and Thompson being around it too. Can’t see that Bradley won’t force his way in at some point yoo.

Rosenior didn’t get this right in midfield last season, Warne struggled last year too. By bringing Fornah and Nelson in he’s complimented what was there before, but it’s also more balanced.0

Β  Β  Β Β 

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

what are you on about? injuries are just a part of football, the manager isn't responsible either way

again, iv'e already explained the results were not very good, especially 2nd half of last season, you don't seem to be able to see that.

Re. Cashin, don't know what your trying to say, i said he had a good season.

Your saying anything bad is down to warne and anything good is not him? Well what are those good things? And don't just say Cashin & Didzy again as i've already explained thats not warne.

Β 

Away results πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚,

you do realise that just because you believe something and tell people you’ve explained it doesn’t mean people go ohhhhhh he must be right , better move on , you’ve explained your opinion nothing else and to be honest your opinions are not aging well πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚