Is expectation too high .

Curtains

5 hours ago, Curtains said:

Well I think he’s trying to build a squad to get us promoted.  I for one am happy with his signings .

I think you will be proved wrongly and we will get Top 2 and then I will just 🤐 quietly be ever so satisfied as will Paul Warne. 

you didn't actually answer the question there😅

what are warne's tactics ?

4 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

What was the average ppg before February? I'm guessing a lot higher than 1.37, so therefore we have declined. 

The point in your post I was querying was that we had got worse with Warne's signings - maybe he should have more than 6 games with the new signings before making a more realistic assessment of where we are likely to be come Nov/Dec. I agree that pre-Feb we were definitely performing better and that's the level we should be looking to attain.

4 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

so your saying he doesn't have a specific style...

He is varying it depending on the opposition.   So yes I’d have to say he changes the style to suit. 
When the players get used to it all we will be flying.  You heard it here first. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

He is varying it depending on the opposition.   So yes I’d have to say he changes the style to suit. 
When the players get used to it all we will be flying.  You heard it here first. 

That's good.  Evolution will catch up the more time they spend chasing balls 15 foot of the ground I suppose.  I expect the wide players to evolve first as they're first point of call chasing them into the corners.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Would anyone agree that even the simple shots on target stat can give a totally misleading slant on a game you havnt seen , 3 screamers that hit the post v v 3 never in a million years , keeper throws his hat on scuffs come to mind

We often discuss this during a match, someone can have a speculative shot from thirty yards that the keeper catches without moving, shot on target.

Someone shoots from the edge of the area, keeper nowhere near it, ball hits the underside of the bar and bounces away. Shot off target, which one gets the crowd to their feet.

Blocked shots don’t even count in the general stats for a match, so if a defender makes a goal line clearance rather than the keeper saving it then it’s not even registered. 
Possession can be very misleading, if a team go two goals up early on they could be quite happy to let the opposition have the ball in their own half so could end up winning comfortably with less possession.

A player registered as having only a few touches during a game could be doing a lot running off the ball giving a teammate more space.

Stats have their place but they will never be a substitute for watching a game or a player with your own eyes.

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

We often discuss this during a match, someone can have a speculative shot from thirty yards that the keeper catches without moving, shot on target.

Someone shoots from the edge of the area, keeper nowhere near it, ball hits the underside of the bar and bounces away. Shot off target, which one gets the crowd to their feet.

Blocked shots don’t even count in the general stats for a match, so if a defender makes a goal line clearance rather than the keeper saving it then it’s not even registered. 
Possession can be very misleading, if a team go two goals up early on they could be quite happy to let the opposition have the ball in their own half so could end up winning comfortably with less possession.

A player registered as having only a few touches during a game could be doing a lot running off the ball giving a teammate more space.

Stats have their place but they will never be a substitute for watching a game or a player with your own eyes.

Which is where xG comes in to it...

10 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Spot on , yet we have posters banging they’re heads against the wall because some of us won’t accept they’re stats to get on the sack warne bus and Bolton are streets ahead of us view, 

us silly old stuck in our ways fools 😂😂😂

Someone broke down the signings and on paper our squad is better than last seasons. We’ve lost 3 very good teams at this level so if we’re not top 6 surely the blame lies with the manager? 

If you don’t think our squad is better then what have recruitment been doing these past few months. 

To conclude I don’t think people’s expectations are too high. Whether it’s too early for some of the moaning? Maybe…But it’s a fine balance between giving PW a fair crack of the whip and not wanting to waste a season with the wrong man.

19 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Someone broke down the signings and on paper our squad is better than last seasons. We’ve lost 3 very good teams at this level so if we’re not top 6 surely the blame lies with the manager? 

If you don’t think our squad is better then what have recruitment been doing these past few months. 

To conclude I don’t think people’s expectations are too high. Whether it’s too early for some of the moaning? Maybe…But it’s a fine balance between giving PW a fair crack of the whip and not wanting to waste a season with the wrong man.

So if he is the wrong man how much would sacking him and his staff cost. 

So in summation it’s an irrelevance 

Edited by Curtains
change a to an