Is expectation too high .

Curtains

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

I was replying to two posters in particular ( you wernt one of them ) and if you read back both but particularly one are arguing it’s time for warne to go and openly posts that he’s posting the stats to prove his point , not really sure what’s wrong with pulling the stats angle apart in answer to them and they are plenty able to give it back and have done , have I missed the bit where this is no longer a forum where opinions clash and people give it out and take it back as long as it’s not offensive or sweary?

No one has said people can't disagree and debate topics. However, you have a very strong habit of using sarcastic and passive aggressive language towards anyone who disagrees with your opinions. Within the last hour or so, you made a series of posts in the Jim Smith Room in the exact form as I describe.

For what it's worth, I have also openly stated that I hope Warne proves me wrong and actually puts into action everything that he says he wants to do - attacking football with lots of shots, press high up the pitch, build a young team, etc... However, on the evidence so far, he's all talk and no action. Hence, why I think it's in the best interests for the club to hire a different manager.

With having the budget we do compared with others in the league, you'd expect us to be best at something. Well, after delving into the stats a bit deeper, we do:

Set-piece goals - 1st
Shots from set pieces - 3rd
Accurate crosses - 2nd
Freekick assists - 2nd
Accurate corners - 3rd
Headed shots - 2nd
Goals - 3rd
Dispossessed - 2nd

39 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

No one has said people can't disagree and debate topics. However, you have a very strong habit of using sarcastic and passive aggressive language towards anyone who disagrees with your opinions. Within the last hour or so, you made a series of posts in the Jim Smith Room in the exact form as I describe.

For what it's worth, I have also openly stated that I hope Warne proves me wrong and actually puts into action everything that he says he wants to do - attacking football with lots of shots, press high up the pitch, build a young team, etc... However, on the evidence so far, he's all talk and no action. Hence, why I think it's in the best interests for the club to hire a different manager.

With having the budget we do compared with others in the league, you'd expect us to be best at something. Well, after delving into the stats a bit deeper, we do:

Set-piece goals - 1st
Accurate crosses - 2nd
Freekick assists - 2nd
Accurate corners - 3rd
Headed shots - 2nd
Goals - 3rd
Dispossessed - 2nd

Does that mean we get dispossessed nearly least, or nearly most? 

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

Because Warne doesn’t play anti football mate 

Not “anti” as some would play it, I agree. But his insistence on getting the ball down the flanks as early as possible necessarily cuts out our misfield players, or demands that they too hurry it into the channels. And apart from the Wigan match our midfield has bern conspicuous by its absence. And because our midfield aren’t playing to their strengths we have a high percentage of our passes going astray. Its like putting a Porsche engine into a tractor and then telling the farmer as he ploughs the field that “he is cruisin’!

29 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Set-piece goals - 1st
Accurate crosses - 2nd
Freekick assists - 2nd
Accurate corners - 3rd
Headed shots - 2nd
Goals - 3rd
Dispossessed - 2nd

Sorry mate I’m 62 , I don’t do all this passive aggressive mumbo jumbo , I just speak my mind and am happy for others to do the same to me whether I’m talking football or net zero , I can assure you I feel not the slightest way aggressive to you or any other poster , perhaps that’s more about how you feel than how I make you feel

as I ve said , im happy if you enjoy stats and digging around for them but for me I have a passing interest in them and can in equal measure see some and think ahh that makes sense or think that’s ludicrous and no reflection of what I’m seeing at all,

The football experience for me ( watching derby ) is passion , emotion , excitement, disappointment, energy , atmosphere and talking points , how I’m seeing stats used is to try and prove a point and claim with a degree of certainty what the future holds for this manager and these players or Liam ros ,or Bolton or Oxford ,,,,, sorry but you just can’t , in football confidence , results and performances can turn on a sixpence , that’s why I poohoo this reliance on stats , 

im happy to debate opinions re derby back and forwards with you or anybody else but it’s just our opinions ,im no more certain to be right than you are ,

I am a little concerned you may be following me round to tell me how I should and shouldn’t speak my opinion when I’m clearly never angry , aggressive, sweary with anyone when plenty are warned or suspended for such behaviour, it’s a little on the stalky side

3 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Not “anti” as some would play it, I agree. But his insistence on getting the ball down the flanks as early as possible necessarily cuts out our misfield players, or demands that they too hurry it into the channels. And apart from the Wigan match our midfield has bern conspicuous by its absence. And because our midfield aren’t playing to their strengths we have a high percentage of our passes going astray. Its like putting a Porsche engine into a tractor and then telling the farmer as he ploughs the field that “he is cruisin’!

To me the comment Anti Football is very derogatory.   Paul Warne isn’t everybody’s cup of tea football wise He sure loves Coffee though.  
I’ve got to be honest I really like the bloke now and I hope he succeeds at Derby .

I think he gets a very unfair rap from some fans regarding his tactics and style of play. 

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

True, anti-football relies on shape and consistency in defence, and being clinical with the few chances you may get to work.

Warneball is pure chaos, no control, no conservation of energy, just lots of running about either chasing the ball or getting the ball up and down the pitch as quickly as possible. You know, the kind of football I used to play in the park when I was 9.

I just don’t agree sorry.  

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

To me the comment Anti Football is very derogatory.   Paul Warne isn’t everybody’s cup of tea football wise He sure loves Coffee though.  
I’ve got to be honest I really like the bloke now and I hope he succeeds at Derby .

I think he gets a very unfair rap from some fans regarding his tactics and style of play. 

He’s a great bloke, but when he signs a deep lying midfielder but plays him as a number 10, or insists on playing a wing-back system by filling those positions with non-wing back players, or insists on 3 at the back when it doesn’t work, and proves that virtually every time we go to 4 at the back, then questioning the football we are getting served up is quite valid. Especially, as was my original point, we have the players to tear this league up.

But I concur that maybe anti-football us a bit strong. Actually did you know that the cast of Star Trek are Derby County fans? They saw all this coming years and years ago, with the line “It’s football, Jim, but not as we know it”!

Edited by DavesaRam

4 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

He’s a great bloke, but when he signs a deep lying midfielder but plays him as a number 10, or insists on playing a wing-back system by filling those positions with non-wing back players, or insists on 3 at the back when it doesn’t work, and proves that virtually every time we go to 4 at the back, then questioning the football we are getting served up is quite valid. Especially, as was my original point, we have the players to tear this league up.

But I concur that maybe anti-football us a bit strong. Actually did you know that the cast of Star Trek are Derby County fans? They saw all this coming years and years ago, with the line “It’s football, Jim, but not as we know it”!

Well obviously things haven’t worked out just yet this season and Paul Warne isn’t happy with some of our play. 

He now has to decide on his best team with of course taking injuries into  account.

Im looking forward to Pompey game to see what Warne does after a break. 

Ed Dawes said after Fleetwood well that was better but Warne said what because we won and intimated it wasn’t that good. 
Thompson played well but is struggling with his calves .

We have new players who are still adapting to what Warne wants  

Warne knows what he has to do and he will be judged like any manager on results 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

But the stats say we often have less possession? So what happens - we give the ball away?

Dispossessed means being tackled by an opponent without attempting to dribble past them. There are other ways of giving the ball away, and various reasons why a team might be slower at getting the ball back than others.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Dispossessed means being tackled by an opponent without attempting to dribble past them. There are other ways of giving the ball away, and various reasons why a team might be slower at getting the ball back than others.

But, so if we aren't often dispossessed we must be giving the ball away? Either to an opponent or out of play?

4 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Three statisticians go hunting and spot a stag

Number 1 fires and misses three feet to the right

Number 2 fires and misses three feet to the left

Number 3 shouts 'we got him' 

Least they knew what a stag looked like. 😄

I reckon there are some posters on here who could nip home on their lunch break, catch their other half and the next door neighbour fully naked and bent over the chaise longues, admire the performance for a minute or two and then when they get back to work and tell their colleagues that the drinks are on them down the pub later, and that the OH won't mind, because they'll be quids in having spent the afternoon searching for loose change down the back of the sofa with the friendly man next door who's allergic to clothes.

Edited by Kokosnuss